Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What are your thoughts on the end of the world? 21 Dec 2012? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the end of the world? 21 Dec 2012?
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched a doco Nostradamus 2012 on youtube and according to the prophecies, the wolds gonna end Dec 21 2012. I know about a month-or-so ago, someone else had a prediction that did not happen as stated on Andy's previous thred ...The end is nigh...

Watchin' that and seening the recent natural disasters around the world, climate change, plummenting world wide economy.... could this be true?

Whadda you think?

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same guy that said the world was going to end last month, said his calculations were wrong. Now he says it will end in October.

As for the world ending in 2012, I don't think it will. Supposedly, the world should have ended many times in the past by plenty of other prophecies, yet it hasn't.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nostradamus? I thought it was the Mayans that "predicted the end" to occur in 2012.

Anyway, I'm with FtLckr on this one. Much ado about nothing.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no evidence that the Earth is in any immediate peril.

Prophets and their prophecies are notoriously elliptical and vague as well as laughably inaccurate.

One "prophet" of my acquaintance, made a prediction - a few years ago - that in the next Hurricane season seven "catastrophic hurricanes would make landfall on the Eastern Seaboard". At the end of the season, not one hurricane touched the U.S.A. When I mentioned this, he told me that he really meant earthquakes around the Ring of Fire - that's in the Pacific. For what it's worth, there weren't that many catastrophic earthquakes that year, either.

Still, he is convinced that he is 100% accurate. This is how prophets become successful.

From another perspective, the world "as we know it" ends a few times a decade with the advance of technology; some of which seems almost miraculous to me.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_FJCruiser
Major Player
Member # 6007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_FJCruiser   Email The_FJCruiser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible says no one knows the day nor the hour, not even the angels. Without getting into a religious debate I don't think anyone knows when the world is going to end and all these quacks that think they do need to reread their Bibles. Matthew 24:11 says "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many." Bottom line is nobody knows. And regardless what are you going to do if it does?

--------------------
The FJ Cruiser.

Posts: 199 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the Mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012. Its just that, that's when their calendar ended. It doesn't say, "last day, 12/21/2012".
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "world" ends when you die.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FtLckr26:
I don't think the Mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012. Its just that, that's when their calendar ended. It doesn't say, "last day, 12/21/2012".

Yeah, you're right. I misspoke in my previous post.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stapler
Board Regular
Member # 42599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stapler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the world ends everyday and everynight because everyday, every minute, every second, the world changes and with that change a new world has emerged.

besides if 2o12 is the end then Ill be with the rest of my foot fetishists in the after life chillin and talkin about the best toes and soles

Posts: 33 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stapler:
the world ends everyday and everynight because everyday, every minute, every second, the world changes and with that change a new world has emerged.

Holy shit, I like this perspective. I'm gonna write this one donwn. [Hump]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Bible says no one knows the day nor the hour, not even the angels. Without getting into a religious debate I don't think anyone knows when the world is going to end and all these quacks that think they do need to reread their Bibles. Matthew 24:11 says "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many."
seriously? you are going to quote the bible as evidence??? [Laugh]

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FtLckr26:

I always tell people that too. My calendar only goes to 12/31 of whatever year we're in. I'm guessing the Mayan's civilization ended before their new calendar was completed by the guy carving it.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swafneis
Board Regular
Member # 40492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swafneis   Email Swafneis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doomsday Party!!!!
Posts: 30 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foot_sniffer
Major Player
Member # 36272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot_sniffer   Email foot_sniffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mayans never said the world will end on 12/21/2012, it's just that's when they stopped there calender. It was bound to happen some day, I mean how far out you expect those guys to work things out before having enough?
Nostradamus, yeah like all the other prophets he was probably just trolling everyone [Smile]
Then there are the people that thing a planet the size of Neptune is going to come fuck our shit up. Hopefully no one here believes that. If you do, something you might want to consider is that when the actual planet Neptune was discovered in the 19th century, it wasn't discovered by someone directly observing it, it was discovered by how it's gravity affected other observable objects.
This was with 1800s telescopes, and no computers. I think if a planet that size was coming for some surprise cosmic butt sex, and was only a year and a half out, we'd know.
And as for natural disasters and climate change, well disasters and a changing climate are the norm and nothing new on this 4.5 billion year old dot.

Posts: 177 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol I wrote an article about it (which I won't insult you with by spamming it on the forum) but yeah, there's been around about...maybe 50 documented predictions of the "end" so far...don't bother worrying. If it is, nothing that can be done. If it isn't, then...well we know it isn't [Wink]

Just to note, btw: the Mayan prediction was never predicted *by* the Mayans - it's just when they died out and therefore stopped doing their calendar. Interpretation an' all that.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links