Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What are your thoughts on the end of the world? 21 Dec 2012? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the end of the world? 21 Dec 2012?
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As opposed to singing to no one, chanting matins, putting your hands together and saying the same thing in unison calling it a prayer, condemning gay people...I think those rituals are just as ridiculous.

You are right on a couple of those, nowhere even in early Christian text did it say to do these ritual, etc..man is flawed, God is not. The gay thing, well..read leviticus...oh but wait, you think the book is trash, nevermind.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18359 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
i dont get it. its a lose-lose situation. its not like you can say "i told you so" after it happens. and when it doesnt happen, you look like a dick

Well a God cannot be disproved at all. Religions can be if one looks at them objectively, but within the religion it is seen as "blasphemy" to question a god, so actual thought is basically frowned upon unless it is in the favour of religion and I for one would certainly argue that that isn't *actual* thought as it's the original form of brainwashing into a shared mindset propagating the power of the Church.

What's the point in believing in a lie? It seems to be centred around the fear of nothingness after death (though no one who believes in a god would *ever* admit that's why).

For me, it's just a way to pass a bit of time and blow off some steam in a rarely, but sometimes, intelligent debate.

why did you mention my quote? i never said anything about God.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe someone should cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring... that is red.

[ July 02, 2011, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Talos ]

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:
i dont get it. its a lose-lose situation. its not like you can say "i told you so" after it happens. and when it doesnt happen, you look like a dick

Well a God cannot be disproved at all. Religions can be if one looks at them objectively, but within the religion it is seen as "blasphemy" to question a god, so actual thought is basically frowned upon unless it is in the favour of religion and I for one would certainly argue that that isn't *actual* thought as it's the original form of brainwashing into a shared mindset propagating the power of the Church.

What's the point in believing in a lie? It seems to be centred around the fear of nothingness after death (though no one who believes in a god would *ever* admit that's why).

For me, it's just a way to pass a bit of time and blow off some steam in a rarely, but sometimes, intelligent debate.

why did you mention my quote? i never said anything about God.
Oh shit, I misunderstood your point haha

You were talking about a rapture/end of the world right?

Mon apologie.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links