Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What are your thoughts on the end of the world? 21 Dec 2012? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the end of the world? 21 Dec 2012?
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Talos:
Zombies!... that is all.

You got your arsenal ready? [Laugh]
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Talos:
Zombies!... that is all.

You got your arsenal ready? [Laugh]
12 gauge pump and double barrel, Ruger 10/22, .44 magnum, and a 30.06 hunting rifle. I carry a machete next to my driver seat at all times. I plan on using my TomTom to get to Alaska where the zombies would freeze solid before reaching me. [Smile]

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy, yes I do..refer back to your post about the "circular logic". When we are discussing something other than general validity that would be a red herring. A diliberate attempt to derail the topic. Well Done..

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18362 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay then.

Sure bud.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont get it. its a lose-lose situation. its not like you can say "i told you so" after it happens. and when it doesnt happen, you look like a dick

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's only lose-lose if you got it coming..

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18362 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
i dont get it. its a lose-lose situation. its not like you can say "i told you so" after it happens. and when it doesnt happen, you look like a dick

Well a God cannot be disproved at all. Religions can be if one looks at them objectively, but within the religion it is seen as "blasphemy" to question a god, so actual thought is basically frowned upon unless it is in the favour of religion and I for one would certainly argue that that isn't *actual* thought as it's the original form of brainwashing into a shared mindset propagating the power of the Church.

What's the point in believing in a lie? It seems to be centred around the fear of nothingness after death (though no one who believes in a god would *ever* admit that's why).

For me, it's just a way to pass a bit of time and blow off some steam in a rarely, but sometimes, intelligent debate.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You obviously can't see that some of those links are metaphores and were MEANT to be taken as such.. the Israel thing is plain and clear in it's mathmatical accuracy.
omg. [Laugh] really????? you're resorting to numerology? that's even funnier than the bible. argue all you want but that whole page can be boiled down to numerology. ok tho, we'll pretend that your page is 'fact', care to explain this one?
http://www.bible-codes.org/Letters-israel-1948_mirror.htm
abraham was born 1,948 years after adam?? if you want to accept this, then we're believing the premise that the earth is only a few thousand years old. uh huh. is that an allegory too? please dont fall back on your silly theory that i'm taking this personally. long ago, i came to terms with the fact that many, many people don't have the emotional and mental strength to accept there is no big man in the sky watching over us and we will have eternal life upon our death. i know that i act in a moral manner because it's the right thing to do, not because i am being watch and judged by my spiritual papa and working on earning my 'get into heaven' card. i realize that when i die, my body will become worm food.. and i am ok with that.

its my personal belief that the dinosaurs wrote the bible and are living on the dark of the moon and waiting for us to falter so they can attack and reclaim the earth. the ice age drove them away and our current global warming pattern has us falling right into their plans. MUAHAHAHAHA. in the interest of full disclosure, i am on their payroll and have been saving all my receipts for full reimbursement when they land on march 8 2014.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Ah yes, the ad hominem...it's usually Andy, but thanks for proving my earlier point in that if the Bible was so fake and B.S. you wouldn't try to keep disproving it over and over and over...lol you took the bait. Yes the Bible has been re-translated MANY times, there is some questionable stuff but it's also text that is so old and not understood as they wrote it and described it that many generations ago. We're only discussing Prophecy here and that is too easy to prove accurate {after you sift through the attack responses here}.

There is only 6000 years of recordable written human history Nusuth, we're only talking about a certain time frame and it's proven. But you can still say a freight train looks like an aardvark and convince yourself of it if you want but it doesn't change anything. But let's not resort to ad hominems, makes you look bad.An Atheist cannot find God the same way and reason a Theif cannot find a policeman.

[ June 30, 2011, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Wrinklesguy ]

--------------------
 -

nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is only 6000 years of recordable written human history Nusuth, we're only talking about a certain time frame and it's proven.
errr.. whats proven? and what is recordable history? is that a value judgment? is history before that not worth recording? perhaps you mean recorded?

i dont think Andy is trying to disprove the bible, god, or religion because i believe he is intelligent enough to know that you can not disprove anything. that plays wonderfully tho into the whole 'you have to have faith' brainwashing. as far as saying that i, as an athiest, can not find god comparing me to a thief avoiding the law is an inaccurate analogy. i had no negative experiences with the church or catholisism. i grew up catholic, attended church weekly for 18 years, was baptized, received communion, and was confirmed. i am well educated about the bible but did not grow up in a strong religious family. my parents believed but did not preach or push. in respect to my parents, i did all these things, but long before i was 18, i was an athiest. in all those years, i did not find thing that made any sense to me and i tried, believe me.

btw, these criticisms of the bible is not an ad hominem and i cant understand why you keep using that word/phrase. please explain what you are referring to. also your comment about convincing yourself that a train looks like an aardvark? umm.. hello? pot meet kettle. [Laugh]

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

On record, 6000 years.
You were catholic, well that explains why you didn't find anything. All the ritual BS and molestations I can see why. The reference was not a jab, it's just a clear and accurate analogy and I am sure it touched home or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

Since you personally can't prove or disprove something doesn't make it real that is why you have free will to accept Truth or not. Also, the train and animal comparison is leyman terminology to paint the picture of how funny his post was.

--------------------
 -

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
if the Bible was so fake and B.S. you wouldn't try to keep disproving it over and over and over...lol
quote:
it's just a clear and accurate analogy and I am sure it touched home or you wouldn't have mentioned it.
You seem to think that talking about something proves its validity...I don't really understand why.

No one has denied the Bible is powerful. Just that it is false. Dozens of wars, centuries of oppression and brainwashing...that's all pretty powerful.

quote:
You were catholic, well that explains why you didn't find anything. All the ritual BS and molestations I can see why.
As opposed to singing to no one, chanting matins, putting your hands together and saying the same thing in unison calling it a prayer, condemning gay people...I think those rituals are just as ridiculous.

quote:
Since you personally can't prove or disprove something doesn't make it real
You mean like...a religion? Or God?

quote:
that is why you have free will to accept Truth or not.
The choices range between believe and go to Heaven or don't and burn for all eternity. I wouldn't really call that a choice of free will so much as setting people up to fall - example: putting the tree which Adam and Eve can't eat from in with them. Why make that tree? And why blame 2 people who have no concept of right or wrong until they actually *do* something right or wrong?

quote:
Also, the train and animal comparison is leyman terminology to paint the picture of how funny his post was.
And believing in a sky-fairy is funny to Atheists. That's all we're saying.

nusth:
quote:
btw, these criticisms of the bible is not an ad hominem and i cant understand why you keep using that word/phrase. please explain what you are referring to.
When someone learns a new word...they like to use it.

For example, I have to admit, back when I learned what a "strawman argument" was, I way overused it and in some cases incorrectly. He's been trying to say that everything I say is a "red herring" too.

Having said that, I have noticed him building a few strawmen over our short but illustrious past. I'm sure one's on its way soon.

[ July 01, 2011, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

good ole http://www.myfacewhen.com/ [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
And why blame 2 people who have no concept of right or wrong until they actually *do* something right or wrong?

We have the free will to make choices, the universe and the earth are made up of only 2 basic things, a positive and negative, up or down, left or right..no need to explain anymore. Then if there was many choices, then everyone would be right and that is not possible since you can't make your own reality {albeit in your own mind}

quote:
When someone learns a new word...they like to use it
Again, the word keeps speaking for itself and it's not a new word. Smugness only invalidates your position.

quote:
He's been trying to say that everything I say is a "red herring" too.

Because everything you say in either a political or religious debate is something to derail the topic, soft jab, or invalidate others. When you play with the big boys, you need big wit.

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links