Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Favorite Arcade Games? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Favorite Arcade Games?
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember the days of the arcade, or maybe you played them at a bowling alley, or even a 7-11? What ones do you remember dropping the most money on? Mine are:

- Golden Axe
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- X-Men
- WWF Wrestlefest
- Street Fighter 2
- Mortal Kombat
- Outrun

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Street Fighter II, definitely.

The only other one I remember playing is NFL Blitz. Didn't really hit the arcades much; I always had a console (or three).

EDIT: I forgot Fatal Fury. Another great fighting game. [Laugh]

[ February 10, 2011, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: combine_hunter ]

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LikesHippieGirls1971
Major Player
Member # 504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LikesHippieGirls1971   Author's Homepage   Email LikesHippieGirls1971   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SNK Vs Capcom 2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat
as side scrolling version of AVP
Golden Axe
Yep!

--------------------
Huge anime' fan! PS2 games. Outdoors. Artsy-Fartsy stuff!

Posts: 160 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Final Fight, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men, Golden Axe, and The Simpsons!!! I absolutely love beat-em ups, can't you tell? But asides from those, there's Street Fighter II and III, Soul Calibur II, Time Crisis II, and DDR, among others.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, Patrick this sub-forum has got to be your idea! And a good idea at that. Anyhoo, I was a player in the 80s & have the Capcom, Midway, Namco & Atari collections. My faves:

Missile Command
Galaga
Joust
Tempest
Defender

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diamond johny:
First off, Patrick this sub-forum has got to be your idea! And a good idea at that. Anyhoo, I was a player in the 80s & have the Capcom, Midway, Namco & Atari collections. My faves:

Missile Command
Galaga
Joust
Tempest
Defender

Actually, the comic book one was my idea. LOL... I think the idea for a gaming section has been thrown around for as long as I've been around. Wu made it happen though. [Smile]

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably shows how old I am [Wink]

- Xevious
- Time Pilot
- Amidar
- Lady Bug
- Pole Position
- Ms. Pacman
- Donkey Kong
- Double Dragon (I remember a friend and I beat the game on our vacation in Italy [Wink] )
- I agree with Bondo .. Dragon`s Lair was cool to watch
- Zaxxon
- Golden Axe totally blew me away
- 194x
- After Burner

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of my money went into:
Altered Beast
Contra
Kung Fu
Raiden
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Afterburner
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Out Run
Terminator
Final Fight
Spy Hunter
F-Zero

Back in the late 80's or maybe early 90's, there was a game at the arcades that I loved. It was a side scrolling action game. You were a gladiator and when you shook the joy stick up and down, it created a force field the length of your body. Anyone ever play that game?

Man, I miss the arcades. That would have been my dream job, to work at an arcade when I was younger.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Back in the late 80's or maybe early 90's, there was a game at the arcades that I loved. It was a side scrolling action game. You were a gladiator and when you shook the joy stick up and down, it created a force field the length of your body. Anyone ever play that game?
I think you mean "Gladiator" from Taito [Wink] Cool game!
It is also on the Taito Legends 1 collection for the PS2.

-Hal-

-

--------------------

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me think by decade:

1970s:
Pong (actually played this a lot when it was new and the only thing around mid 70s other than pinball)
Space Invaders
Night Driver
Space Wars
Asteroids

1980s:
Crazy Climber
Xevious
Pole Position
Gyruss
Golden Axe
Tempest

1990s:
Mortal Kombat 1&2
House of the Dead

In the 90s I kind of lost interest in arcades. Anytime I go into one now there's barely any video games mostly things like "skee ball" and "wack-a-mole" for winning tickets for crappy prizes.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

^ Oh, I forgot Gyruss ... that was a great game. And also Robtotron 2084.

In the mid 90s I sometimes still played "Time Crisis" and "House of the Dead" in the arcades with my brother .. but at that time arcades were already very difficult to find.

-Hal-

--------------------

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
quote:
I think you mean "Gladiator" from Taito [Wink] Cool game!
It is also on the Taito Legends 1 collection for the PS2.

-Hal-

-

Thank you! Now just got to try and find it for the PS2. Hopefully ebay has it.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geeee didn't even know this section existed [Thud]

Growing up I spent alot of my childhood at the local arcade, shops, laundrymats
for gaming purposes which means I have so many faves I had to break it down into my top 30

30 - Champion Sprint
A spin wheelin' frenzy
 -

29 - Ironman Stewart's Super Off Road
Similar to Champion Sprint but with terrain and quick fire nos boosts
 -

28 - Legendary Wings
Has stages of both in the air top view and on foot side veiw stages
 -

27 - NBA Jam
Limited sprint/turbo bursts
 -

26 - Bosconian
ALIVE ALIVE!!!! (I think that's what the voice is saying)
 -

25 - 10 Yard Fight
"Blah blah blah blah..... Hut...hut...hut...hut..." (Not too sure what he's saying)
 -

24 - Boot Camp
Obstical courses, training etc....
 -

[ February 17, 2011, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: FootLongSub Zero ]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Oh shit, I forgot about NBA Jam. Yeah, I put a shit ton of quarters into that too.

And LeDaemon, every time I hear Pole Position, I think of the attic scene in Goonies where they read the date off the treasure map.

Chunk: Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?
Mouth: No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
23 - The New Zealand Story
Follow the birdy adventures
 -

22 - Karate Champ
No play buttons, just two handles/joysticks
 -

21 - Golden Axe
I liked using the Amazon chick coz of her powers with the magic potion bottles.
 -

20 - Bobble Bubble
Bubble blowing dragons
 -

19 - Vigilante
Save Madonna
 -

18 - Karnov
Fat bald guy does his magic to collect pieces of a torn treasure map.
 -

17 - New Rally X
Collect flags to pass stage with smoke screen at hand to blind enemies..... Has a catchy tune.
 -

16 - Hyper Olympic aka Track and Field
Various Events
 -

[ February 17, 2011, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: FootLongSub Zero ]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links