Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Video game violence (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Video game violence
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
after the tragedy that struck Sandy Hook/Newtown last friday, there is a call for all video game players to abstain from their FPS games like black ops 2. i have no problems with doing that out of respect for the victims, but last night, while flipping thru the channels, i came across that excuse for a human being, nancy grace. she had on a guest that was have a fit about how our kids playing these types of games is a huge issue and how we all better start paying close attention to the next generation if we continue to let them playing these games.

wtf? seriously? i am so sick of hearing ppl blaming video games for shit like this. i grew up playing these games and still do play them and i've never had an urge to even fire a gun and am a pretty peaceful guy. fire me up and i'll do my best to cut you up verbally, but i havent raised a hand in anger in a looooong time. i have 2 boys, 9 and 16, who play these games.. sometimes way too much and neither of them have ever had any incidents of violence. they've never even shown any tendencies to handle confrontations physically.

so thats my opinions. anyone else think differently?

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screwhead20
All Pro Poster
Member # 16242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for screwhead20   Author's Homepage   Email screwhead20   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah in any tragedy there's always someone who wants to place blame on something. Happens all the time. Some blame video game violence, movies,or any form of media entertainment. I haven't been watching the news lately solely because of things like this. It's quite ridiculous IMO. The problem starts in the household as my dad would say.

--------------------
https://prettypedicures.tumblr.com

https://instagram.com/pretty__pedis/

https://twitter.com/Prettypedis

https://www.facebook.com/BigToeLovers

Posts: 588 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Video Games + Mentally Unstable + Pharmaceutical drugs = deadly combination. It's just a side issue they actually found guns to use. Video games are SO much more graphic these days then when we were kids. These kids nowdays need strong parenting period and this stuff wouldn't happen.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guns are a side issue?!?! i hardly think so. guns are a main issue. if his mom wasnt a gun nut, he'd have had to attack that school with a steak knife. i can pretty much guarantee that we'd not have 27 dead with a steak knife.

i've been keeping up with the whole thing because it happened about 20 mins from me and i have kids through out the schools in my town.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we're going to punish the rest of the 99.9% of responsible sane gun owners who have the Constitutional Right to own guns because one mentally ill SOB went crazy? That's irrational.

There should be deeper background checks and some type of mental evaluations for people buying assault rifles for sure but the true issue lies with seeing the signs before this happens with people and get them help. Then again, if we ban these guns then these disturbed kids/men will just get them underground from a silent seller.

I have sources that can probably get me ANYTHING if I asked the right people of regardless of any laws that can be passed against guns and I am not even technically 'connected' if you know what I mean. People are barking up the wrong tree on this issue. They are so readily available on the streets it would make your head spin. Think about how much more weed people smoke in places that it's illegal to smoke it, like...uhm California. It's human nature to rebel and gun grabbing will only make people stock pile more guns to circumvent the law.

Do you even know what classifies an Assault Rifle as such?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Constitutional Right. That right there fellas is your problem. That was introduced when their was only MUSKET's available for fuck sakes not AR-15's!

If you can't logically step back and look at what just happened and tell me with a straight face that Joe Blow average American NEEDS an AR-15(or similiar type of weapon) to "defend" himself then you sir are full of shit.

The whole world is not only laughing at you(America) but shaking their head incredously at how in the hell their is a majority of people STILL defending the whole "Right to Bear Arms" act... and the NRA is NOT helping the pro-gun movement right now either with their comments made recently.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesurvivordragon
Elite Trooper
Member # 37330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesurvivordragon   Author's Homepage   Email solesurvivordragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't go to the forum as much, but I'm putting in my 2 cents:

When The NRA did a somewhat outlandish segment regarding the tragedy on Friday, the CEO points the fingers at video games that has guns..........It's pretty ironic that he'd bring that up, seeing that a few years ago there was a less than entertaining game called GunClub for the PS2, and it was sponsored by (Surprise, surprise)The NRA. Not only he didn't give a damn about the 20 children that got killed by that gunman, he put blame on practically everything and doesn't want to be responsible himself.

Even if that gunman did play Call Of Duty: Black Ops, I highly doubt that was the only thing that made him do a horrible and unforgettable thing like that. There are millions of people who played that certain game, so he might as well said that number of people who played a game like that will eventually become a mass murderer, and that would be a crazy and stupid thing to say. And just like everyone else, I think that video games shouldn't be blamed for what has happened.

Once again, when it comes to gun-related tragedies like Sandy Hook and before that, the NRA is still dodging bullets (Pun intended).

Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Constitutional Right. That right there fellas is your problem. That was introduced when their was only MUSKET's available for fuck sakes not AR-15's!

If you can't logically step back and look at what just happened and tell me with a straight face that Joe Blow average American NEEDS an AR-15(or similiar type of weapon) to "defend" himself then you sir are full of shit.

The whole world is not only laughing at you(America) but shaking their head incredously at how in the hell their is a majority of people STILL defending the whole "Right to Bear Arms" act... and the NRA is NOT helping the pro-gun movement right now either with their comments made recently.

The part of the Constitution that this right protects, is supposed to guarantee the Peoples' right of protection against a tyrannical gov't. And No one is laughing. If you want to start a civil war go ahead and try to take guns away..

http://youtu.be/0R3uLTnzs60

[ December 22, 2012, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: NorcalfeetStudios ]

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Originally posted by solesurvivordragon:

When The NRA did a somewhat outlandish segment regarding the tragedy on Friday, the CEO points the fingers at video games that has guns..........It's pretty ironic that he'd bring that up, seeing that a few years ago there was a less than entertaining game called GunClub for the PS2, and it was sponsored by (Surprise, surprise)The NRA. Not only he didn't give a damn about the 20 children that got killed by that gunman, he put blame on practically everything and doesn't want to be responsible himself.

Even if that gunman did play Call Of Duty: Black Ops, I highly doubt that was the only thing that made him do a horrible and unforgettable thing like that. There are millions of people who played that certain game, so he might as well said that number of people who played a game like that will eventually become a mass murderer, and that would be a crazy and stupid thing to say. And just like everyone else, I think that video games shouldn't be blamed for what has happened.

Once again, when it comes to gun-related tragedies like Sandy Hook and before that, the NRA is still dodging bullets (Pun intended).

http://www.ign.com/games/nra-gun-club/ps2-826191

You should research what you mention before you mention it so as not to look like you didn't. This game is actually a non-killing, target & range practice game and is completely harmless.

If more kids understood that weapons are merely for self defense and should be respected instead of playing Black Ops and killing 1,000's of virtual people without batting an eye, then maybe we'd be able to start addressing this issue better.Desensitizing them against the fragility of life is the first step to not caring when they go crazy in real life. Sure, it's not only violent video games that does this, but it's a step in the right direction to preventing this kind of tragedy.

--------------------
 -

solesurvivordragon
Elite Trooper
Member # 37330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesurvivordragon   Author's Homepage   Email solesurvivordragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
quote:

You should research what you mention before you mention it so as not to look like you didn't. This game is actually a non-killing, target & range practice game and is completely harmless.

If more kids understood that weapons are merely for self defense and should be respected instead of playing Black Ops and killing 1,000's of virtual people without batting an eye, then maybe we'd be able to start addressing this issue better.Desensitizing them against the fragility of life is the first step to not caring when they go crazy in real life. Sure, it's not only violent video games that does this, but it's a step in the right direction to preventing this kind of tragedy.

Well, I guess I was totally off-track regarding that. Nevertheless, I'm just like you and I'm fed up when anyone would get the notion that they blame video games for something like this. I'm big fan of fighting games, like Mortal Kombat.......but God forbid someone thinks I'll try to be like Sub-Zero and rip someone's spine.
Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
quote:

Well, I guess I was totally off-track regarding that. Nevertheless, I'm just like you and I'm fed up when anyone would get the notion that they blame video games for something like this. I'm big fan of fighting games, like Mortal Kombat.......but God forbid someone thinks I'll try to be like Sub-Zero and rip someone's spine.
lol right on man, yeah I used to play Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter as a kid at 7-11 and empty my whole piggy bank full of change and quarters to get my fix, it was like drugs to us when we were 12 years old. Alot of us more mature men though, had good parenting and respect for firearms early and knew the consequences of what could happen if we used them improperly. I think most youth today have no grasp of reality versus fastasy games, mix that with some Asperger's and a little bullying and you have a deadly cocktail bomb ready to explode.

--------------------
 -

Lordsoysauce
Major Player
Member # 2193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lordsoysauce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fun fact: Fox News pinned the blame on video games not even two hours after the shooting happened, pretty much enforcing the norm of "blame first, research later" that Fox News practices. It's some sort of sick, inverted corruption of the scientific method.

Anyways, it goes without saying that, because perfect evidence does not exist, there is no direct correlation between playing violent video games and being violent. Unfortunately, it seems that the vast majority of people do not understand that, and the entire game industry as we know it is going to come under fire because of this mass misconception. The will of the people can very easily become the will of the uninformed, inciting irrational conclusions with half-hearted research.

I'm a gamer. And I did not partake in the call of abstinence. Because such a demonstration could be (and probably WILL be) misinterpreted by the media as a cease-fire by gamers out of shame and guilt. And this will further propagate the already fierce thrashings that the gaming industry is coming under.

Regardless of your thoughts on the subject, here is a good read that explores both sides of the argument: http://kotaku.com/5970778/after-sandy-hook-this-guy-says-he-got-50000-people-to-stop-playing-violent-video-games-but-one-gamer-refused

Posts: 242 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing more than the media looking for a scapegoat to vent their frustrations on. Nevermind that the vast majority of gamers do not do these kinds of things, and the ones that do had other issues going on in their heads. Plus, the mother seems like she was not completely innocent either, since she was a "prepper" for that ill-fated 2012 Apocalypse who convinced her son that it was going to happen and kept a bunch of firearms around the house.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
since she was a "prepper" for that ill-fated 2012 Apocalypse who convinced her son that it was going to happen
There was no evidence that 2012 "apocalypse" talk was ever discussed, nor was this her reasoning for owning guns. "Prepping" for a rainy day is nothing illegal or crazy. She was just like every other gun-owner, excercising her right to own them, hunt with them and target practice with them. There's so much BS going around on ALL networks it's crazy.

--------------------
 -

Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh you people with liberal mindsets. -.-

quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
guns are a side issue?!?! i hardly think so. guns are a main issue. if his mom wasnt a gun nut, he'd have had to attack that school with a steak knife.

I'm a gun nut and I keep my guns locked in a safe. So the issue is the mom giving easy access to the guns, not the guns themselves.

quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Constitutional Right. That right there fellas is your problem. That was introduced when there was only MUSKET's available for fuck sakes not AR-15's!

If you can't logically step back and look at what just happened and tell me with a straight face that Joe Blow average American NEEDS an AR-15(or similar type of weapon) to "defend" himself then you sir are full of shit.

So what? A right is a right. Why let a few bad eggs spoil it for the responsible people? I own an AR-15, no ammo currently, but I have one. It sits in my safe not harming anyone, whats the problem? I also own a 500 S&W, the most powerful handgun in production. A car enthusiast might have a turbo charged race car that goes 200+ mph, does he need it? What's your hobby? Do you need it?

I own my weapons for the sport of shooting. It's fun to shoot, what can I say? If so the situation arises, then for defense. Anyone who wants the ability to defend themselves doesn't go looking for trouble and doesn't want a troublesome situation to ever happen.

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links