Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Video game violence (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Video game violence
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said, I flip flopped for the sake of the argument. I don't really agree with average joe having a gun to begin with IF thats what it takes to end mass slaughters of innocent people. And yes I know they will contact underground gun dealers I get it.... cut the bullshit about "its not an assault rifle" too man. Its a damn powerful gun that redneck fucks or mentally unstable people should not have access to. The only thing your clinging to in this argument is the 2nd Amendment issue, I get it. No really I do. The 2nd Amendment was designed to protect the citizens against the potential attack from their own tyrannical government. Can that not be updated/abolished for that matter these days? I haven't seen the US government go on shooting sprees against its own people have you?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Like I said, I flip flopped for the sake of the argument. I don't really agree with average joe having a gun to begin with IF thats what it takes to end mass slaughters of innocent people. And yes I know they will contact underground gun dealers I get it.... cut the bullshit about "its not an assault rifle" too man. Its a damn powerful gun that redneck fucks or mentally unstable people should not have access to. The only thing your clinging to in this argument is the 2nd Amendment issue, I get it. No really I do. The 2nd Amendment was designed to protect the citizens against the potential attack from their own tyrannical government. Can that not be updated/abolished for that matter these days? I haven't seen the US government go on shooting sprees against its own people have you?

Did that link shake you up a bit? lol looks like it considering you are using derogatory terms against people and further knee jerking to your position of anti-gun. Oh by the way, why wasn't there an ACTUAL AR-15 rifle found at the scene of the crime in Newtown? Why only 2 handguns and a shotgun? See your premise is 'shot down' pardon the pun from the beginning.

I Know of many other non rifle guns like semi-auto and non semi auto pistols that can hit just as hard as the 15 and a shotgun you can get over the counter at a retail sports store that can as well. Get over it and let the 99% of responsible gun owners have their guns while kids who listen to people like you with mental trauma do the crimes. Fix them first. You're just using a fallacious platform to further your agenda which you don't even understand since you don't even know what an AR-15 is. Like I said, do your homework before you pretend to know anything about guns first.

quote:
I haven't seen the US government go on shooting sprees against its own people have you?
How about Waco Texas in the 90's when the government killed roughly 75 people and children. 3 times+ more than Newtown. Or how about all the innocent women and children and bystanders in Pakistan from Drone strikes on weddings? Hypocrites can't have their cake and eat it too on this issue. Anything else? I suggest you rethink your opinion based on facts like I suggested first weeks ago when you were forced out of this topic by default. [Laugh]

[ January 14, 2013, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: NorcalfeetStudios ]

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
Basic gist - why do you need a gun which fires 6 bullets a second for "recreation"?

quote:
I just logically can't understand why a civilian NEEDS a fucking AR-15. No really, please enlighten me.

So please tell me WHY the same average Joe NEEDS an AR-15? I know I'm singling out the AR-15 but replace the AR-15 with any other assault rifle for your "argument".

I guess you ignored what I said earlier in the thread. And I really see you ignored what Patrick said too.

Why do people need cars that go 5 times the speed limit? Why do people need 90 inch tvs? Why do people need cigarettes and alcohol? I have a 500 S&W, the most powerful handgun in production. Do I need it? Nope, but everyone has their hobbies. I take it you've probably never fired a gun, probably never will, so you'll never understand.

You know we can buy rifles that can kill from a mile away? (50 BMG, 338 Lapua) No one ever mentions these big scary man killers. Or wait! What about tannerite? It's an explosive. You can legally buy it, mix it and proceed to blow it up... legally! Another thing that is never mentioned. You see where I'm getting at? You think AR-15's are so bad and scary, because the media has told you so. The media is probably the only reason you even know what an AR-15 is.

... and, Heaven forbid I might say something insensitive and selfish on the internet, why should 20 some deaths out of the 7 billion people infecting this planet ban MY "recreation."

[ January 14, 2013, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Talos ]

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The media is probably the only reason you even know what an AR-15 is.

LOL you are so right on that one...BTW, is that your 500 in your avatar picture with the green grip?

http://youtu.be/O1d7i3i0LLI

That's definetly one of my fav handguns, freaking canon! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18302 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

I used to work for a security company that required me to have my PAL and fire a .38 six shooter then later transferred over to a 40 semi. Plus we had a 870 Remington Pump Action with us at all times, and I had to re-qualify my shooting twice a year, I worked that job for just over 3 years so yes I do know a little about guns, and I have fired thousands of rounds between training and re-qualification.

Little sidenote, the fact that people had guns didn't scare as much as someone with a knife. Our bullet resistant vests would only slow the impact down of a select few types of guns and even then your insides were gonna take a beating but someone with a knife scared the shit out of me. A knife would cut through a vest like butter....

Your probably questioning why I would share that sidenote as it seems to add fuel to your fire/argument...which it does. I just want you to realize I'm not some random bible-thumping retard that shits his pants over something that happens in the world and immediately jumps up and says BOYCOTT! I don't wander around this world with a helmet on inside a bubble either, you presented valid arguments regarding everything that was covered in this thread I won't/can't deny that.

Believe it or not about 4 or 5 months ago I was seriously considering starting my gun collection, the more I thought of it(and my wife's input lol) I decided that I didn't want an arsenal in my house, and yes they would have been properly stored and locked up. I just didn't want to bring unnecessary risk to me and my wife. You are probably going to say "Your bringing risk to you both by NOT having guns in the house" right?

bluetoelover
unregistered

Great article I saw on a news site...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/01/12/f-rfa-macdonald-gun-control.html

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
I'm not some random bible-thumping retard that shits his pants over something that happens in the world and immediately jumps up and says BOYCOTT!
What in the world does a Bible thumper have to do with "boycotting"? lol That's a first [Laugh] Usually, it's the liberals and hippies who boycott stuff if you hadn't noticed. Side issue but funny since you were grasping for words there.

quote:
I used to work for a security company that required me to have my PAL and fire a .38 six shooter then later transferred over to a 40 semi. Plus we had a 870 Remington Pump Action with us at all times
Cool story! Now what if your boss came in and said you weren't allowed to use firearms anymore on the job, just billy clubs and pepper spray? Fill in the blanks. [Fingers Crossed]

quote:
Believe it or not about 4 or 5 months ago I was seriously considering starting my gun collection, the more I thought of it(and my wife's input lol) I decided that I didn't want an arsenal in my house, and yes they would have been properly stored and locked up. I just didn't want to bring unnecessary risk to me and my wife. You are probably going to say "Your bringing risk to you both by NOT having guns in the house" right?
Yea it's your right to have guns, I mean heck..Diane Feinschtein had her own guns and carry permit, all of those neo-liberal authoritarians love guns, just that you can't have them. [Laugh] Unnecessary risk/Locked up guns, having to ask your wife for permission...uhm...on second thought you don't deserve to own them. [Confused]

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Quoted from your link:

quote:
They're copies of the rifles carried by modern soldiers, and they fire high-velocity bullets from large magazines as often as you can pull the trigger. (The military versions differ only in that they are capable of firing a steady stream of bullets with one pull.)
I stopped reading at this point where the blogger pretty much admitted not knowing anything about an AR-15. Someone should send him a link to that which I posted last page. The military 'version' is completely different. The only similarity I would say is that they are painted black and fire bullets out of them [Laugh]

--------------------
 -

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone above mentioned something about sniper style rifles and why people aren't pissed about them. They were slightly when the DC Sniper (happened within less than an hour from where I live) was picking people off. If that started happening more often, you'd hear the same thing.

I also see the terms "assualt weapon" and "assualt rifle" being interachanged. They're actually different, so look that up.

No matter what the arguement here, criminals and insane whack jobs will ALWAYS find a gun. Because of these people the law abiding citizen will have to suffer. It's odd that before Connecticut & Colorado, this issue wasn't as big of a deal as it is now (at least to the amount of people as it is all of a sudden). Where were all these people (or sheep) before these things happened? I'm sure they'll move onto whatever topic the media puts forth next. I guess if Hurricane Sandy happened afterward and as many people got dicked over as they did, it would have given them something new to jump on. Guess we just have to wait for the new big media item.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Talos:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
Basic gist - why do you need a gun which fires 6 bullets a second for "recreation"?

quote:
I just logically can't understand why a civilian NEEDS a fucking AR-15. No really, please enlighten me.

So please tell me WHY the same average Joe NEEDS an AR-15? I know I'm singling out the AR-15 but replace the AR-15 with any other assault rifle for your "argument".

I guess you ignored what I said earlier in the thread. And I really see you ignored what Patrick said too.

Why do people need cars that go 5 times the speed limit? Why do people need 90 inch tvs? Why do people need cigarettes and alcohol? I have a 500 S&W, the most powerful handgun in production. Do I need it? Nope, but everyone has their hobbies. I take it you've probably never fired a gun, probably never will, so you'll never understand.

I go clay pigeon shooting - I use my dad's Beretta 12 gauge if memory serves. I don't need a gun that can rip my arm off with recoil or blast a hole through a foot of solid steel to do that. The difference between all those things is:

1) they are not as readily available/affordable as guns in America.

2) most importantly, their main purpose is not to kill or destroy something - it may happen, but for guns, that is their primary use.

quote:
You know we can buy rifles that can kill from a mile away? (50 BMG, 338 Lapua) No one ever mentions these big scary man killers. Or wait! What about tannerite? It's an explosive. You can legally buy it, mix it and proceed to blow it up... legally! Another thing that is never mentioned. You see where I'm getting at? You think AR-15's are so bad and scary, because the media has told you so. The media is probably the only reason you even know what an AR-15 is.

We don't get the media talking about how guns should be banned in America - it's irrelevant to us.

Seriously, this is me coming at it from an altruistic standpoint - it affects me in no way, other than finding it upsetting, that Americans are slaughtering innocent Americans using legally purchased guns.

It would scare the shit out of me if I lived there - on behalf of logical, reasoned people like you who can responsibly handle a gun - that rednecks who believe a "tyrannical government" uprising is around the corner are stockpiling weapons and ammunition under their beds, waiting for a chance to shoot someone...which everyone can agree, I'm sure, was how the killer got his hands on one in the first place - his mother stockpiling weapons, waiting for Armageddon I believe it was.

quote:
... and, Heaven forbid I might say something insensitive and selfish on the internet, why should 20 some deaths out of the 7 billion people infecting this planet ban MY "recreation."

Kids' deaths. Hilarious, aren't they?

As long as the DERN GOVERNMENT DON'T TEKE OUR GERNZ, right?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
that Americans are slaughtering innocent Americans using legally purchased guns.

That's a pretty broad brush to paint with and fairly offensively condescending since you know it's not true at it's core meaning. It was a couple psychopath kids who were on anti-depressants that couldn't handle their failed little lives and took it out on others.

quote:
It would scare the shit out of me if I lived there - on behalf of logical, reasoned people like you who can responsibly handle a gun - that rednecks who believe a "tyrannical government" uprising is around the corner are stockpiling weapons and ammunition under their beds, waiting for a chance to shoot someone...which everyone can agree, I'm sure, was how the killer got his hands on one in the first place - his mother stockpiling weapons, waiting for Armageddon I believe it was.
A)You wouldn't be welcomed here with your radical opinions outside your "la -la" land anyway.

B)Guns are a hedge AGAINST any possible uprising of tyrannical gov't and stay locked and loaded away in our homes for that day, no one is planning on it and everyone hopes that day never comes. If it does however, people like you and Bluetoe will be SOL...we will have the food, the shelter, the medicine and protection and you will be begging these so called rednecks to let you through the gate to eat and take shelter. I know more city slicker 'bros' who are the farthest thing from 'rednecks' who are just as ready so your stereotypes are fallacious. [Laugh]

quote:
Kids' deaths. Hilarious, aren't they?

As long as the DERN GOVERNMENT DON'T TEKE OUR GERNZ, right?

Spoken like a true communist authoritarian Andy, well done. Way to honor the lives of those innocent babies. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
 -

Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy and bluetoe

Sorry for assuming you've never handled guns before, kinda makes me not think so harshly about your opinions. Not saying you're right, but at least you have room to speak. Usually people who are against guns know nothing about them except that they go boom. Kind of like a Halo player hates CoD and hasn't even played it, or vice versa. And that bit about the kids, I hate it that it happened and if it were my kids then I'd be upset that I wasn't there to kill the bastard myself, not upset at the guns. But there's just so much death around the world that to me there's no reason to get upset about people I didn't know or wouldn't have cared about in the first place. There's WAY more kids being killed in the middle east, by our own bombs, no one cares about them do they? I do have a morbid sense of humor though, life is just easier not getting offended by anything.

Norcal - Yup, that's my cannon! The five holes I put in the target were from 25 yards with my own 400 grain reloads.

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Andy and bluetoe

Sorry for assuming you've never handled guns before, kinda makes me not think so harshly about your opinions. Not saying you're right, but at least you have room to speak. Usually people who are against guns know nothing about them except that they go boom. Kind of like a Halo player hates CoD and hasn't even played it, or vice versa. And that bit about the kids, I hate it that it happened and if it were my kids then I'd be upset that I wasn't there to kill the bastard myself, not upset at the guns. But there's just so much death around the world that to me there's no reason to get upset about people I didn't know or wouldn't have cared about in the first place. There's WAY more kids being killed in the middle east, by our own bombs, no one cares about them do they? I do have a morbid sense of humor though, life is just easier not getting offended by anything.

I also respect your opinion and my feelings on the matter are not directed at people such as yourself who I know are safe and respectful with firearms.

It's mostly just the mass availability I can't get my head around - what screening is there?

In England, it's pretty tough to get your gun license - I've always just been my dad's "+1" when we go shooting. And even when you get it, you're dropping a LOT of money for a rifle (handguns are banned in the UK as are semi-automatic and automatic weapons of any type).

You have to tick all the boxes for responsibility and most importantly, there's spot-checks to both ensure that you are keeping the weapon locked and in a hard-to-reach area and to prove that you "need" it - are you signed up to a shooting range, how often do you go, who do you go with, do you shoot competitively etc etc.

Even if you can satisfy all these points, the officer in charge of granting it doesn't have to. It's up to him whether he wants to.

Say what you want, but compare the 35 annual gun-related deaths in the UK (which is including 3 countries by the way) to America's 86 per day and tell me there's not a clear correlation between gun crime and legality of firearms.

Source: http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Edit: As a point of reference

US population 2012 - 311,591,917
UK Population 2012 - 62,641,000

Scale it down and it's pretty much divide it by 5 (4.9)

So, to adjust the population difference, the US number of deaths by firearms is 17 compared to the UK's 0.096 per day

[ January 15, 2013, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Say what you want, but compare the 35 annual gun-related deaths in the UK (which is including 3 countries by the way) to America's 86 per day and tell me there's not a clear correlation between gun crime and legality of firearms.
Just like Piers Morgan, you ignore the fact that violent crimes and robberies have exponentially increased. Why don't you post those numbers? Also, why don't you mention the fact that 86 out of 86 99% of the time of America's gun deaths per day are by gangs in inner cities where they have the strictest gun laws inacted? Truth is slightly inconvenient isn't it? [Cry]

--------------------
 -

luvtheladyfeet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvtheladyfeet   Email luvtheladyfeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for the record: The day of (or the day after) the Newtown massacre there were NOT 22 children killed in China by a man with a knife. There were, however, 22 children INJURED by a man.... with a knife.

[ January 16, 2013, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: luvtheladyfeet ]

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links