Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Video game violence (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Video game violence
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Countries that have strict gun control laws do NOT have lower violence. And even if that were even remotely true, none of those countries have a 3rd world neighboring country with the largest cartel and drug problem in the world next to it either to keep feeding the weapons in. lol, look...you're flat out mistaken here. Proof that you are mistaken can just be seen here that everytime a mass shooting takes place it's at a "gun-free" zone or county with very strict gun laws...disprove that fact.

Please provide evidence from a non biased source next time if you think you have a chance with this (which you don't). You are however entitled to your opinion even as wrong as it is about guns based on your self admitted lack of knowledge of guns and the actual 2nd ammendment (just quoting your own words here).

[ January 03, 2013, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: NorcalfeetStudios ]

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18324 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me:
quote:
countries that have stricter gun control laws have less gun violence. period.
Norcal:
quote:
Countries that have strict gun control laws do NOT have lower violence.
*sigh
again, reading comprehension! if you read each and every word in a sentence it actually means different things. perhaps you are using a la carte logic though. you get to pick and chose what words you want to argue with.

i did do some research after this though and i will admit that the answers for either side is not as cut and dry as they say. the biggest problem though is the complexity of data and its causality. comparing easy numbers though does illustrate some glaringly obvious correlations:

Country____guns/capita___firearms related deaths/capita
USA . . . . . . 88.8 . . . . . . . . 10.2
France . . . . 31.2 . . . . . . . . 3.00
Canada . . . . 30.8 . . . . . . . . 2.13
Germany . . . 30.3 . . . . . . . . 1.10
Australia . . . 15.0 . . . . . . . . 1.05
Italy . . . . . .11.9 . . . . . . . . 1.28
Spain . . . . . 10.4 . . . . . . . . 0.63
England * . . . 6.2 . . . . . . . 0.25

*that one is kind of messed up. the guns number is based on england and wales and the homicides is based on all of the UK

so elementary school logic will tell you more guns = more gun violence and i don't know about you, but i'll take on some guy with a knife over any handgun or rifle WHICH IS ALL I HAVE BEEN FUCKING TRYING TO SAY SINCE THE START!!!

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
Me:
quote:
countries that have stricter gun control laws have less gun violence. period.
Norcal:
quote:
Countries that have strict gun control laws do NOT have lower violence.
*sigh
again, reading comprehension! if you read each and every word in a sentence it actually means different things. perhaps you are using a la carte logic though. you get to pick and chose what words you want to argue with.

i did do some research after this though and i will admit that the answers for either side is not as cut and dry as they say. the biggest problem though is the complexity of data and its causality. comparing easy numbers though does illustrate some glaringly obvious correlations:

Country____guns/capita___firearms related deaths/capita
USA . . . . . . 88.8 . . . . . . . . 10.2
France . . . . 31.2 . . . . . . . . 3.00
Canada . . . . 30.8 . . . . . . . . 2.13
Germany . . . 30.3 . . . . . . . . 1.10
Australia . . . 15.0 . . . . . . . . 1.05
Italy . . . . . .11.9 . . . . . . . . 1.28
Spain . . . . . 10.4 . . . . . . . . 0.63
England * . . . 6.2 . . . . . . . 0.25

*that one is kind of messed up. the guns number is based on england and wales and the homicides is based on all of the UK

so elementary school logic will tell you more guns = more gun violence and i don't know about you, but i'll take on some guy with a knife over any handgun or rifle WHICH IS ALL I HAVE BEEN FUCKING TRYING TO SAY SINCE THE START!!!

No link and you just expect those numbers to be legit? Come on man lol. You don't cite a source nor does it even show the year, like you copy pasted it from some wack-job liberal blog site.

Guns and millions of them have been around since even before the signing of Our Declaration of Independence and only not until semi-recently has there been anything of mention until these copycat killer mental patients under heavy psych drugs happen to pick up a gun and flip out. Like I said before 200+ million gun owners today did NOT go on a shooting rampage..I think we see who has the selective reading comprehension. [Laugh]

The next day after the CT shooting in China, a man killed 22 kids with a Knife so you got your wish sadly to say. Whatever instrument is available they will use...like I said, you should ban cars, bald tires, forks, cans of dapper dan's hair grease...why don't we just chop everyone's arms off so that there's no way to kill another human being? [Laugh] [Nut Kick]

If you and the liberal base are so anti-gun why don't you petition Mr. Obama to have his secret security detail drop all their firearms since guns are so bad? If they ban guns for the citizens I will expect to see this next ok? Oh, and tell Diane Feinschein in California to revoke her own conceal carry permit. Look it up, you guys are hypocrites. [Violent]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18324 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
those are statistics from 2007-2010 and i found the information from factcheck.org and wikipedia which compiled their information from 19 sources.

i'm not going to bother to continue to waste my time with this because its fairly obvious you're close minded and cant stick to the actual discussion.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

lol quitting so soon and you didn't even debunk my China mass knifing stats or talk about why Obama's security shouldn't have guns? Aww I am dissapointed man!

Yes, I am aware how inconvenient the facts are against your position. No worries, you can have your opinion thankfully which the Constitution guarantees and the Facts will still remain Facts. The gov't will never take guns away from 200+ million people no matter how many laws they pass I can PROMISE you that til the day we all die.

I truly hope that these mass shootings will stop but likely not since there are many mentally ill retards out there who can use knives, guns, bats, cars, and even viscious dogs to kill and mame people with just as well which you don't hear about even though they happen more than the gun violence. Just remember one thing if anything else from this discussion: The only thing that is going to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a GOOD guy with a gun [Thumbs Up] [Wink]

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Good video evidence showing why, with statistical evidence that we need to keep our weapons here in this country.

http://youtu.be/MknZBDHDTzU

--------------------
 -

Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to point out that Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people, 19 children under the age of 6, and injured over 680 others. Not only can you still buy box trucks, but you can still buy the ingredients he used to make the bomb.

The argument is so moot. Those who like guns will want to keep them and those who don't will want to ban them. It's like arguing PS3 vs Xbox or PC vs Mac.

[ January 07, 2013, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Talos ]

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Talos:
It's like arguing PS3 vs Xbox or PC vs Mac.

I'm offended that you didn't put the Wii U in that! [Laugh]

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
quote:
Originally posted by Talos:
It's like arguing PS3 vs Xbox or PC vs Mac.

I'm offended that you didn't put the Wii U in that! [Laugh]

Patrick

... or Wii U vs. a potato.

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, Americans.

All kidding aside, I think it is truly disgusting and "the individual" who did this should be ashamed of himself for so flippantly using the mass killing in China to "prove" the strength of his argument.

Yeah, great taste there - I'm sure you're very proud of that. Fuck, if only he killed double, right?

Please don't respond to this - I really don't care what you have to say about it. I didn't mention your name - maybe someone else was horrifically distasteful too!

Related debate about videogames w/ Neil DeGrasse Tyson (not wholly about violence, but takes up a good chunk):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNTH2JqrdfA

Basic gist: parents/non-gamers see kids playing these games which are about pummelling people full of holes and decapitating hookers to get your money back. Kids are seeing puzzles to solve and different ways of solving problems. People had issues with Space Invaders when it came out.

Related debate w/ Piers Morgan about gun control in America:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUx5J-tdW4E

Basic gist - why do you need a gun which fires 6 bullets a second for "recreation"?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Ahh brits...another problem is douchebags like Morgan who aren't even a citizen calls our Constitution a "little book" and lectures us on OUR laws. That was your first mistake. Second, don't worry about the guns..no one is taking anything away no matter how many laws are passed. The joke is on the anti-gun people on that one lol...over 300 million registered guns, I wonder how many NON-registered ones? The last time I believe the British tried to take us and our guns they lost.

--------------------
 -

bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well keep on slaughtering yourselves then, but hey, you get to keep your guns though right?

I just logically can't understand why a civilian NEEDS a fucking AR-15. No really, please enlighten me. I'm gonna flip flop on my previous argument where I said that no civilian should have ANY gun and say for shits and giggles that an ordinary average joe should have the ability to own say a .38 Smith and Wesson handgun for "protection".

So please tell me WHY the same average Joe NEEDS an AR-15? I know I'm singling out the AR-15 but replace the AR-15 with any other assault rifle for your "argument".

I won't resort to petty insults and I would hope you wouldn't either. Sidenote, I seen the "petition" to deport Piers Morgan.... REALLY?! The guy is trying to spearhead a movement to save lives essentially and the US is trying to deport him? I just don't get it...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesurvivordragon
Elite Trooper
Member # 37330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesurvivordragon   Author's Homepage   Email solesurvivordragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Well keep on slaughtering yourselves then, but hey, you get to keep your guns though right?

I just logically can't understand why a civilian NEEDS a fucking AR-15. No really, please enlighten me. I'm gonna flip flop on my previous argument where I said that no civilian should have ANY gun and say for shits and giggles that an ordinary average joe should have the ability to own say a .38 Smith and Wesson handgun for "protection".

So please tell me WHY the same average Joe NEEDS an AR-15? I know I'm singling out the AR-15 but replace the AR-15 with any other assault rifle for your "argument".

I won't resort to petty insults and I would hope you wouldn't either. Sidenote, I seen the "petition" to deport Piers Morgan.... REALLY?! The guy is trying to spearhead a movement to save lives essentially and the US is trying to deport him? I just don't get it...

Well, that petition was made by Alex Jones (a conservative radio show host and gun advocate), not the US. He started that petition because Jones thought that Piers was attacking the 2nd Amendment, which I really don't he was. The White House responded to the 100,000 signatures and defended his right to speak his mind about the situation.
Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

An AR-15 is a hedge against a tyrannical gov't BlueToe, it's a gauranteed right in the 2nd ammendment. Sure they had muskets back in 1776, but so did the Army. Granted it's a little unequal now with the govt having nukes and scalar weaponry versus the average Joe's AR-15 but at least we have a fighting chance. Automatic guns are already banned, what more do you want?

Did you also go out on a limb and say 'maybe' we should be able to defend ourselves with a .38? lol How nice of you. Oh and BTW, an AR-15 is NOT an 'assault rifle'. I did remind you to do your homework before you came back to class [Big Grin]

http://www.nssf.org/msr/facts.cfm

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Originally posted by solesurvivordragon:
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:

Well, that petition was made by Alex Jones (a conservative radio show host and gun advocate), not the US. He started that petition because Jones thought that Piers was attacking the 2nd Amendment, which I really don't he was. The White House responded to the 100,000 signatures and defended his right to speak his mind about the situation.
I'd hardly call Alex Jones a 'conservative' talk show host. He bashes Bush just as bad as anyone who tries to trample the 2nd Ammendment.

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links