Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself?
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried getting a boxing thread going last year and only one other person posted, so I'm gonna try and get one going again.

I love boxing and MMA...absolutely love 'em. Anyone else out there like 'em too? Discuss, please.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovelyLadies
All Pro Poster
Member # 5079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovelyLadies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh me me! Boxing is my life [Smile] MMA, bleh!
Posts: 707 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you gonna buy Cotto/Margarito in two weeks? Who've you got, 'cause I actually have a sneaky suspicion that Margarito is gonna take it.

If you have to know how huge a boxing nut I am, I actually made plans to watch the Chavez, Jr.-headlined card last night for the IBF Jr. Flyweight (108 lbs.) title fight on the undercard. I love the little guys.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you think of the Klitchsko fight Mic? Barely made it out of that one...his sparring partner too! [Laugh]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

It was better than his fight with Ibragimov, but considering how bad that was, this one was bound to be better. Thompson fought well when he had gas in his tank, but remember, the dude is 36 and facing his first truly world-class boxer. Considering that, he did good. There's no shame in getting knocked out by Klitschko unless he caught you while he was on queer street himself.

I'm waiting on Cotto/Margarito. I'm tellin' you boys, that is THE fight to watch in boxing. Action guaranteed.

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to like boxing but mma has made it seem like two guys pillow fighting

it needs some more heavyweights

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Random thing I saw on the tv last night was a sport/tradition in Nigeria that they are trying to get recogznized as a sport. Basically two guys square off with their right hands wrapped up with what looks like 5 pounds of some kind of hard looking material and try and knock the shit outta the other one first. Apparently people die from skull fractures all the time not to mention brain damage...if I find the link I'll post it...but THAT is a contact sport [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovelyLadies
All Pro Poster
Member # 5079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovelyLadies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh hell yeah I'm watching Cotto-Margarito! Dream fights don't often get made. It'll be a fight for the ages! I got Cotto all the way baby! No way my boy will lose. Also saw the Klit fight. Was alright, but the heavies are boring these days. My favorite fighter is Pacquiao. All the action is below 150lbs.
Posts: 707 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot-Clan Ninja
Elite Trooper
Member # 25128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot-Clan Ninja   Email Foot-Clan Ninja   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muay Thai - the most brutal sport ever.
Posts: 426 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a huge fan of combat sports. Not just watching but also doing. I've been into martial arts since I was 12, which is when I started taekwondo and have been doing it for the past 18 years. I used to be a huge boxing fan, but have fallen off a bit, but still watch what I can. The last boxing match I watched was Bernard Hopkins when he lost a decision to Calzaghe in April. The Cotto/Margarito fight really has my attention.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Speakin' of Hopkins, it looks like he's gonna fight Kelly Pavlik in October. This was literally the last fight Pavlik could have made, he tried getting fights with Calzaghe, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, among others before Hopkins ended up as the only one left.

This will be the toughest fight of Pavlik's career. He's never fought anyone like Hopkins before, who has the sort of ring experience and caginess. Pavlik's just gonna have to put his head down, outwork the old man, and make him feel every bit of his 44 years.

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe I used to work with Pavliks younger brother in the Navy. There was a kid who's last name was Pavlik in my squadron and everybody said he was a badass boxer and that his brother was going professional. They said he, the younger brother, was in Key West for a 2 week detachment and some local approached him. The guy was drunk and was starting trouble. So Pavlik just threw two shots and dropped the guy. I just thought its pretty cool the kind of people you can meet who seem like any normal person, yet are far from it.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

It is here. Cotto/Margarito has finally arrived, and I will watch it gleefully. I'll post in here later to give you my take on the fight.
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Wow! What a fight! That was one of the best fights I've ever seen, both guys were really going for it in different ways. Margarito won a really close fight by 11th round TKO, but he had to overcome Cotto's sharp counterpunching and handspeed to do so and took a tremendous amount of punishment. However, Margarito's chin is something else, because he never so much as blinked at Cotto's considerable poewr and just put the pressure on Cotto whenever he could and it wore the smaller man down.

If you guys get the chance, track down this fight somehow, because it was one of the best fights of the year, and without doubt the best welterweight fight of the decade for me, Shane Mosley/Oscar de la Hoya I notwithstanding. I don't know if it's better than Vazquez/Marquez III though, but in most other years, it would run away as the Fight of the Year.

-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -cfg-   Email -cfg-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't believe I didn't find this thread before now. Mic, I'm a huge boxing fan and train mma as a hobby. I doubt I'll ever fight competitively or anything. I do it just trying to get into the incredible shape fighters are in.

--------------------
KLTPZYXM (kil-tip-ZEE-zim)

Posts: 1107 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links