Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself?
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's everyone's pick for 92?? I got my boy Griffin by submission in the 2nd! [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rashad matches up well with Griffin, even on the ground. He's by far the best wrestler Forrest has faced in the UFC. Rashad also has the power to badly hurt him in there, and probably is the faster and more explosive of the two on the feet. We'll see what happens, but the winner should fight Machida next. He's deserved a title shot for the longest time.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Whoever wins the fight Machida will just overpower them in every sense. He has consistently proven that in the octagon.
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For 92 my money's on Forrest to win a unanmous decision over Rashad. I don't think he'll knock Evans out, but I think he matches up well, and should be able to control the fight and win every round. Being taller, lankier with a better reach, I think he'll be more effective in the standup than Evans. Liddell is purely a devistating counter puncher who got frustrated and walked right into a bomb when he started chasing Evans. Griffen has a far better chin than Chuck, and if Rampage couldn't knock him out, I don't think Evans will be able to. Rashad's a good wrestler, but Forrest should be able to use his size advantage for leverage to negate Rashad's wrestling and even if he can't, Forrest will be the better fighter on the ground when it gets there. Ususally Evans is the superiour athlete in his fights and can ware guys down, but I don't think that will happen against Forrest. Griffen comes into 5 round fights ready to go 15 rounds if necessary, and I think he'll just bring the noise for 25 minutes and beat Evans in all aspects of the game to take a pretty decisive decision.

Is Big Nog/Mir 3 rounds or 5 now that the title Nogueira holds is only "inturm"? If it's 5 rounds Nogueira will stop Mir by either submission or GnP to a reff's stopage in the 3rd or 4th. If it's only a 3 rounder, Mir has a chance, he'll probably win the first round as Nog's a natoriously slow starter, the second round'll be up for grabs, but come the 3rd round when the fight becomes a war, Big Nog becomes a warrior and really turns it on. He'll be in better shape to go the distance than Mir, and either stop him or likely have done enough in the 2nd and 3rd to win the decision in a 3 rounder, if it's 5 he'll dominate the last 3 rounds to an easy decision if he doesn't finish Mir first.

The fight I'm most looking forward to is Silva-Rampage III. Their first two battles in Pride were epic. I think the UFC rules really favor Rampage and his wrestling ability as oppose to Silva and his wild striking, including stomps, football kicks, knees to downed opponents etc. all things that aren't allowed in the UFC. I think Rampage will be able to use his size to press Wandy up against the fence and impose his will this time around. He has all the motivation in the world comming off a somewhat controversial decision loss to end his title reign, and looking to put his leagal issue behind him, he's getting an oppertunity to get right back into the title picture against his greatest nemisis in an enviroment that caters to his skillset much better than the Pride ring did.

That being said, Rampage is a bit of a headcase, he may not be able to put the leagal problems behind him, and Wanderli may be in his head after a pair of destructive knockout victories that really stopped Rampage in his tracks when he was on the brink of light heavyweight greatness earlier in his career. I think it's going to depend on what Rampage shows up. If Rampage is able to focus properly I think he'll win this fight and it will be a barn burner just like the first two were. However, if his head is not in the right place, locking himself in a cage with the Axemurderer is not a safe thing to do because Wandy won't hesistate to knock the head right off him for a third time. I'm really looking forward to this one. It could go either way, I'm guessing Rampage will win, but more importantly I'm banking on another memorable battle that will likely steal the show.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

I havent seen ANYTHING from Wand to suggest the title "Axe Murderer" since he came into the UFC. He loses this he should consider going back to PRIDE. Rampage will own him though...he has too much on the line to not...legal issues...title shot...you name it and it's on his mind, which could also work against him like you said Drunk.
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You realize that PRIDE has been defunct for nearly two years, right?
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

My point exactly [Smile]
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You must have missed his last fight in the UFC against Keith Jardine Blue...It was a brutal knockout that looked a whole lot like the kind of hurt a prime Axe Murderer put on everyone, (including Rampage, twice) in his path during his prime. Jardine's no chump, he just beat Brandon Vera, and has wins over both Chuck and Forrest, but Wandi wasted no time in turning his lights out...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3411751867881762105

I like Jackson this time around as long as he comes in focused, I think the cage and the UFC rules will favor Rampage and he'll be able to take Silva down and ground and pound him, and give him the chance to press him against the fence to slow an onslaught if Wandi gets going. Being younger and stronger will all the reason in the world to put on the fight of his life to get back to the top of the mountian should be incentive enough for Quinton to form an effective gameplan and finally overcome his greatest nemisis.

Still though, you definatly can't count Silva out, which is why I'm so pumped for the fight because even though I'm picking Rampage, it's one of those fights that can easily go either way and has excitement written all over it.

Silva is in the same position as Liddell at this point. As a gaurenteed first ballot hall of famer, Silva was so dominant for so long and now people have figured out an effective game plan for him. However he still remains one of the most dangerous light heavyweights in the world and one of the most vicious strikers MMA's ever seen. The way to beat him is exactly the opposite of the way you beat Liddell who thrives on counter punching. Silva thrives on just overwhelming people and that's exactly what he did to Rampage in their first two fights.

You have to either beat him to the punch, which was a near impossible task in his prime. Vitor Belfort did it prior to his prime, and now that he's been on the recieving end of some big knockouts and he's been in so many wars, his hand speed may be slowing slightly, however he's only 32 years old, it's just that he's been in so many epic fights already that it seems like he should be older. For anyone to give themselves their best chance of beating him they have to be very, very, cautious in weathering the storm he's going to throw at you and effectively counter punch with pinpoint accuracy as his wild swinging reckless offence will leave him open to a great counter puncher. That's how he lost the Pride belt to Dan Henderson (he beat Henderson before though) and that's how Liddell beat him, but still that fight was a total war.

CroCop nearly killed him in the openweight grand prix with the big head kick, but in that fight CroCop was in his prime and it was a fight between a top 3 in the world heavyweight against a top 2 in the world lightheavyweight so Mirko had a slight advantage as the bigger fighter. Silva fought Cro Cop to a draw awhile back as well in a catch weight fight, and he got robbed in a decision against another heavyweight when Mark Hunt got the nod in a fight I thought Wanderli clearly won.

He had the shitty performance against Arona but he avenged it promptly. Aside from that, he's been pretty much a flawless recking machine since he left the UFC after losing to a prime Tito about 60 or 70 UFC's ago with a hat trick of wins over Sakuraba, a pair of wins over Yoshida, brutal knockouts over Kondo, Nakamura and Fujita (who's a heavyweight) plus of course the two unbelievable knockouts over Rampage.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3464093752534655937

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtUtypkRw0s&eurl

Jackson won't have a walk in the park by any stretch, I don't even know if he'll be the favorite, but I think this is his golden oppertunity and he has to cease it. I have to think Rampage is gonna want it more, and I think he's gonna pull it off, but it ain't gonna be no picnic. I'm going for him, and I think he can take Silva this time around, but he could very easily get knocked out again, and even if he wins, I'll gaurentee you Silva is gonna let him know he was in a fight. I can't wait to see how this one unfolds.

--------------------

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

You do make a case for Silva...I just didn't buy into all the hype that was surrounding Silva when he came back into the UFC. I was never a fan of Rampage though..too much showboating for my liking.

Who do you guys have for the Machida fight?? Silva or Rampage?

Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Machida's fighting Theigo Silva Next and he's going to frustrate the fuck out of him and win a unanimous decision.

Alot of people think Machida's going to be the next light heavyweight champion, and there's definatly a good possibility of that. He's so unorthadox it's hard to come up with an effective game plan to deal with him, he's like some kinda ninja or something. I don't think Rashad, Jardine, Vera, Franklin, Henderson or Chuck would be able to beat him. Wandy or more likely Shogun might be able to overwhelm him if they can get back to the form they were in when Shogun won the pride light heavyweight grand prix, and Wandi dominated that division for years, but again, the UFC's rules don't favor their ruthless striking style the way the pride rules did, so I think Machida would beat them too.

I think Forrest and Rampage match up the best with him. Rampage because he's so strong, he may be able to get him against the fence and smother him in the stand up, force him to the matt and pound on him, and Forrest is so relentless and in such great condition in a 5 round fight he may be able to figure him out and find a way to win it. Machida could very well beat either one of those guys too, it's really hard to picture a Machida fight before it happens because of his crazy style. He doesn't really even put his hands up, because he's always just out of range of his opponents haymaker and ready to pounce on the counter attack.

Where Forrest doesn't really posses that knockout bomb, that could actually work to his favor against Machida because it might make him more willing to exchange, and give Griffen the chance to either outstrike him or land enough on his feet to get it to the ground where he could cautiously work his ground and pound, but he'd have to watch out for Machida's submissions.

I like Forrest over Evans, Rampage over Wanderli Silva, Machida over Theigo Silva, Shogun over Coleman in the upcomming scheduled light heavyweight matchups.

--------------------

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Did anyone get to see Pacquiao beat the holy hell out of de la Hoya? I didn't...I had to work, but I wish I had, even in the undercard sucked complete ass.

Pacquiao/Hatton is rumored to be on tap next year during the spring or summer.

Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

I didn't see it either, I haven't got the dish hooked up since moving in with the fiancee, luckly the next UFC happens over Christmas, and I'll prolly be at mom or dads who both have dishes so I can order it. I was really looking forward to it, in hopes Pacman would make a fight out of it, and somehow pull it out. Instead he aparently dominated from start to finish and handed Oscar the worst beating of his career. I wouldda been in sheer amazement watching that live, so I really regret missing it. Now that I've heard how bad the beating was, it may not seem so shocking watching a replay, but hopefully I'll catch it at some point. Pacman/Hatton would be good too, and if Manny can win that one, you'd have to think the money would be there to make a fight with Mayweather go down. I thought Pacman'd be just too small for these guys, but Oscar was very close to upsetting Floyd, if Pac kicked the ever living shit out of him the way I've been hearing he did, whose to say he couldn't take down Mayweather as well...Here's Hoping! [Cheers]

--------------------

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, it hurt seeing Wanderlei get ko'd like that. I actually lost interest in the rest of the UFC card.
Joe Rogan said Wanderlei may be done, but I disagree.
Mir looked awesome striking, but I was a little disappointed in the fight. I wanted to see these two grapple. I believe Nogueria would have gotten the submission but it would have been exciting watching two of the best go at it.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to Shoguns return and watching hi destroy Mark Coleman. Should be very entertaining.
Also hoping Rich Franklin wins. I've always been a fan of his. He's very capable of getting a title shot and winning.
This Saturday is going to be good.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

I have a feeling Franklin will win, its his time. As for Mir saying he will beat Lesnar with little to no problem...bullshit. He beat him the first time because Lesnar had hardly any MMA experience,but Lesnar was beating him around the octagon like a little bitch. So it will be interesting to see what this fight will be like with Lesnar now trained in MMA(well,better then he was at the time of his first fight [Smile] )
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links