Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself?
LovelyLadies
All Pro Poster
Member # 5079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovelyLadies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I saw the Cotto-Marg fight. Man it was tough to watch. It started out good with my boy Cotto giving it to Margarito real well. Then he just lost everything in like the 6th or 7th round. Margarito took over and it was game over [Cry] Oh well, was awesome fight. Next up, Pacquiao-Oscar in December. Can't wait! I hope my man Pacquiao can teach Oscar a lesson for picking on the little man. Pacquiao can go down as one of the ATGs if he beats him and without a doubt one of the best fighters of this era.
Posts: 707 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, though to be honest, I myself am not that excited about the fight. Sure, it's a payday, but it just seems like a real circus sideshow act to me. Oh well. Pacquiao's mentioned to the Filipino media that he'd like to retire after next year, he wants two more fights in '09, most likely against Hatton and hopefully, a meaningful lightweight fight against any one of the winners of Campbell/Guzman, Casamayor/Marquez, or Diaz/Katsidis.

Oh yeah, Morales and Barrera are both planning to come out of retirement and fight at lightweight as well. If Marquez can't get a third fight with Pacquiao, pending a win over Casamayor, I would lay money on seeing Morales/Marquez fight sometime soon. Barrera is signing with Don King, so we could see him against the Campbell/Guzman winner, of which Campbell is promoted by King as well. Don't be surprised to see Barrera/Morales IV. If one of them ends up with a title, you can bet that the other's gonna want to get it. Both are trying to become the first Mexican fighters to win titles in 4 divisions.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, though to be honest, I myself am not that excited about the fight. Sure, it's a payday, but it just seems like a real circus sideshow act to me. Oh well. Pacquiao's mentioned to the Filipino media that he'd like to retire after next year, he wants two more fights in '09, most likely against Hatton and hopefully, a meaningful lightweight fight against any one of the winners of Campbell/Guzman, Casamayor/Marquez, or Diaz/Katsidis.

Oh yeah, Morales and Barrera are both planning to come out of retirement and fight at lightweight as well. If Marquez can't get a third fight with Pacquiao, pending a win over Casamayor, I would lay money on seeing Morales/Marquez fight sometime soon. Barrera is signing with Don King, so we could see him against the Campbell/Guzman winner, of which Campbell is promoted by King as well. Don't be surprised to see Barrera/Morales IV. If one of them ends up with a title, you can bet that the other's gonna want to get it. Both are trying to become the first Mexican fighters to win titles in 4 divisions.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody looking forward to the Shamrock/Kimbo fight tomorrow?
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Well.....so much for Kimbo.
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy shit I never even noticed there was a ports forum here till just now when "combat sports" sorta jumped out at me as the headlining post on the main page. I'm a big MMA, Boxing, Wrestling, Hockey and Football fan, so I'm looking forward to shooting the shit about sports with my foot fetish brothers here at Wus.

As for last nights Elite XC, "So Much for Kimbo" is Exactly right Mic and it's Long overdue. Mauro Renallo was right when he said post fight that Kimbo didn't look in the right mind frame for this fight, but it had nothing to do with the lack of notice, it was because he was in there with a real mixed martial artist for a change.

For the first time in his career he was fighting a young guy in his prime who had an oppertunity to make a name for himself and advance his career at Kimbo's expense instead of the typical washed up has been or never was, who would show up to collect a payday and feed into this facade that Elite XC has been milking for all that it's worth.

What Renallo was wrong about is his statement that Kimbo "deserves a mulligan". The fact that it didn't even take a real top 20 heavyweight to stop the Kimbo Slice Hype machine should be all it takes to stop the nonsense as it's gone too far. He didn't just lose, he was dismantled in 14 seconds by a light heavyweight journeyman in a fashion that exposed him as a bigger fraud than I could have possibly had him pegged for.

I figured him to be around Wes Simms level at this point in his career. I was hoping that after Shammrock got his payday for taking a quick knockout in the fight originally scheduled Kimbo would have to start fighting some decent heavyweights, not good ones, but decent ones, and that he'd eventually lose to a guy like Nelson or maybe Justin Eliers or someone, and if he fought those guys and beat them it would mean he was proving he had reached a level of some kind of heavyweight respectability.

I never could have imagined he was truely this horrible. You could see in his eyes and the fact that he didn't touch gloves after the staredown that he was scared shitless. Terrified at the fact that he found himself in there with a real opponent who wasn't in on the whole charade and actually had aspirations of winning the fight that was about to take place.

Sign me up to the Seth Petruzelli fan club. He seems like a good kid who spent the better part of the last decade in the trenches, learning MMA, trying to catch a break and falling short more often than not. Until last night he just never could get over that hump, but he's a gamer, he doesn't backdown, he doesn't give up and last night he was rewarded.

Petruzelli's a former cast member of The Ultimate Fighter who was eliminated by Brad Imes. Seth was 2-2 in his last four fights going into this one & he's 0-2 in the UFC with losses at lightheavyweight to Wilson Gouveia and Matt Hamill. He's a guy that any legit top heavyweight should not be apprehensive about fighting and should not have much trouble defeating. Kimbo couldn't even last 15 seconds with him. How fucking funny is that?

I thought the show wss great, really couldn't have possibly been better. I mean, the main event which was supposed to be a bad joke aimed at making MMA fans look stupid turned out to be a halarious joke on Kimbo Slice & Elite XC.

All the other fights were good. Shields took care of Daley by being patient and waiting for his oppertunity, he won, but at the same time it was quite apparent he's not on GSP's level or anywhere close at this stage of the game.

Arlovski looked real good again with wide open, pin-point striking. Nelson caught him at one point with a nice shot that rocked him and he was able to get a nice reversal into side control to make the fight competitive, but other than that it was pretty much Arlovski's fight from start to finish and the Pitbull was too much and scored an impressive knockout victory.

Speaking of knockout, I love Gina Carano. Her fight was great and she's great. The women always have exciting fights in MMA and Carano didn't disspoint. I would love to go a few rounds with her and take a beating of a lifetime. Gina controlled the entire fight but she suffered a few foot stomps that were hard to watch, I would be glad to kiss her lovely tootsies better right about now. Gina Carano alone is worth the price of admission.

Then you have the Ninja Rua fight with Benji Radach which was an absolute war and the fight of the night with a double knockout thrown into the mix in the first round that both fighters managed to survive before Benji was able to put Marilo away in the second. Hopefully Bas will give up on his exposed sideshow now and focus on helping Radach realize his full potential in the middleweight division because he's awesome.

With fights like these I hope Elite XC doesn't go out of business cause they got a good thing going over there with some excellent fighters but as a company they chose not to focus on the true talent and instead give a WWF like "push" to Kimbo Slice and alot of people seem to think now that the jig is up on Kimbo that Elite XC will end up folding. Aside from being poorly run based on the decison to put so many eggs in the Slice basket, they have some legit contenders at every weight class. It's an insult to fans who actually follow the sport and the athletes who compete in it for a card featuring the likes of Andre Arlovski, Jake Shields, Benji Radach, Ninja Rua and Gina Carano to be headlined by Kimbo Slice, but hopefully after the way things turned out that will never happen again.

Overall I thought it was a fantastic show with some great fights by some great fighters and in the end a great service was done for the sport of MMA by one Seth Petruzelli with a 6 inch jab that turned out to be the punchline on the joke known as Kimbo Slice. For a free show, you can't ask for much more than that. Way To Go Seth!

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big night for fights last night. Bernard Hopkins Schools Kelly Pavlik in what I thought was a major upset. I figured Pavlik would really bring it to the older Hopkins and perhaps even by the first guy to ever stop him. Boy was I wrong. Pavilk looked slower than I've ever seen him as if adding the extra weight hurt his conditioning while still making him appear to small to hurt Hopkins. He wasn't in the fight at all, it was like he appeared to leave all his power back at 160 while slowing his pace to the point where Hopkins was the quicker of the two and the Ghost really had nothing for Hopkins at all.

The crafty vet lived up to his nickname of the Executioner and Executed a solid game plan on route to a convincing victory and a possible fight with the winner of Jones/Calzaghe.

Meanwhile the UFC put on a pretty damn good show over in England with a card full of pretty entertaining fights from top to bottom. Bisbing with the decision over Leben in an entertaining fight. Leben labeled him with a few big shots and showed that iron jaw of his, often times dropping his hands and daring Bisbing to take a shot at him, but he wasn't able to land the big left he needed and Bisbing did enough to win all three rounds picking him apart with superior speed, technique and accuracy in his striking.

Keith Jardine got a split decision victory over Brandon Vera in another close one that definatly could have gone either way. I thought Vera won the fight, but it was so close I can't really say it was a bad decision. The fight was close the whole way through which made it pretty entertaining.

Those were the two big fights, but the undercard was even better. This Huge Brazilian dude Luis Cane scored what would have to be considered an upset with a devistating knockout of Sokoudjou. The always entertaining Marcus Davis won a decision over Kelly who's always a gamer and Lytle and Taylor lit 'er up in a phenominal war that was easily the best fight of the night. Lytle came out with the judges decision, but the fans were the true winners in that one.

Couple of good tilts in the NHL too. With Edmonton down 2-0 in the Battle of Alberta Steve MacIntyre crushes Boyd with a HUGE body check which prompts Prust to try and come to his aid, but when the gloves came off Big Mac proceeded to put a pretty good beating onto Prust as well. The fight seemed to spark the Oilers who came back with 3 goals in just under 4 minutes and won the game.

Montreal who's only weakness last season was that they were a little soft showed the kind of grit they've been missing when shortly after Kostitsyn got kocked out with a devistating but clean hit by Kurt Sauer, Tom Kostopolous took him to task for it. Kostopolous challenged the bigger Sauer and landed some good punches early before Sauer set himself and took over the fight. Even though Sauer won the fight the fact that the Habs were reacting physically and going after the guy who hurt their smaller player was a good sign that they're not going to roll over for anyone this season. Later in the game former Coyote Georges Laraque easily man handled Todd Fedoruk to put an exclamation point on 4-1 Habs victory.

The Flyers tough guy Riley Cote also went toe to toe with Sharks Heavyweight Jody Shelley in a very even fight that I think you'd have to call a draw, similarly he game ended up pretty even as well as it was 4-4 at the end of regulation until Boyle scored a powerplay goal in overtime to record the win for San Jose.

Three fights in the Dallas-Colorado game but all of them were fairly uneventful as the Avs scored a 5-4 victory. There were a pair of fights in the Nashville-Columbus game as the Preds doubled up the Jackets 6-3, Coincidently, both of the fights were won by the Nashville players. Greg DeVries beat Derek Dorsett and Jordan Tootoo got the better of Olle Tollefsen. Atlanta's Chris Thorburn put a one sided beating on Buffalo super pest Patrick Kaleta as the Thrashers defeated Buffalo 3-2. All in all it was a great night for fights in the world of sports.

--------------------

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found something on Ebaum's world today. "Extreme arm wrestling". I would have posted a link, but I don't know how. Maybe some one else can link to it for y'all. Looks pretty violent. Competitors are linked together as if in a regular arm wrestling match, but they're linked to the table with a length of chain, and use their free hand to beat each other senseless. www.ebaumsworld.com

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Haha! Hockey Fighters would do well in that X arm wrestling. I'd never heard of it until you just mentioned sofa, and as stupid as the concept may be it's pretty fucken entertaining.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1016568/

--------------------

sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drunk_24-7:
Haha! Hockey Fighters would do well in that X arm wrestling. I'd never heard of it until you just mentioned sofa, and as stupid as the concept may be it's pretty fucken entertaining.

I agree, some of the best fights I've seen have been on the ice!!!

p.s. Thanks for putting up the link.

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

I love how they took such special care to make sure the grip was done fairly and then what ensued had nothing to do with arm wrestling whatsoever. [Laugh]

Apparently they're trying to make a sport out of it, and it's not just punches like in this initial clip, elbows, knees, even kick, the whole 9 yards. It may be stupid as hell, but it's pretty fucking funny to watch.

http://www.ripetv.com/shows/58/episodes/165 6

--------------------

Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

I've been reading on a few forums and hearing on TV recently alot of people ragging on MMA since Elite XC went under and the investigation was launched as to wether they may have "tampered" with fights and stuff. Then alot of people were quick to pile on when the main event of the last UFC ended due to Patrick Cote tearing his ACL in the third round causing the fight to be stopped prematurely and end inconclusively. I've been hearing for three days, MMA is fucked...Elite just went out of business and the UFC is falling apart. To that, I say Bullshit!

I thought UFC 90 was a great show. Obviously the main event was extremely disapointing with Cote going down by way of a freak injury that had nothing to do with the fight itself but aside from that it was a great show.

Cote was doing very well for himself, he was stalking Silva like a Predator and the couple of times he got smoked with huge shots, he took them well and kept comming. You almost thought for a moment here and there that he wasn't going to be denied on that night, but then Silva would land another beautiful combination and skip away elusively to a counter attempt as if he was just toying with Cote and that he would eventually put him away or pick him apart methodically on route to a unanamious decision. Silva is so good, it's really a treat to watch him in there and it's unfortanate that the fight came to such a disapointing conclusion.

The fight kind of reminded me of the first Robbie Lawler and Scott Smith had where Smith hung in there and made a great fight of it, but he was getting tagged with some big shots where you felt like he could get stopped at any moment, but the heart and determination he was showing was enough to make you think, "he just won't go away, it could be his night" and then boom fight over with an unintentional poke to the eye. This fight reminded me of that fight in alot of ways, except it wasn't as much of a slugfest, and much like was the case with Smith and Lawler except to an even greater degree, now that it's over, I get the feeling like Cote probably would have lost, but he just might have found a way to pull it off, however even if there is a rematch he will never come that close again.

Maynard and Clamentti wasn't the most exciting fight in the world but I was pretty impressed by how easily Maynard seemed to make it look controlling the fight from start to finish.

Leites got rocked early and was in serious trouble against McFedries and then came back in impressive fashion to sink in the rear naked choke and score the submission.

Those three fights were the worst on the card, and they weren't that bad. The other three were fucking awesome! How about Junior dos Santos?? I wasn't expecting him to be very competitive with Werdum considering I'd never heard of him before, but when I saw Big Nog comming to the Octogon in his corner my interest grew, and then when the fight started this kid turned out to be awesome and just devistated Werdum with a vicious highlight reel uppercut for the spectacular knockout.

Then Koscheck and Alves went to war in a fight that was all that I'd hoped it would be. As much as I hate Kos I did gain some respect for him in this fight with the heart he showed recovering from some of the brutal shots Alves hammered him with. He hung in there, and he was swinging for the fences himself. Alves is the most powerful striker in the Welterweight division and Koscheck got after it and didn't resort to the defensive lay and pray hide and seek type of game that I thought would be the only way he would last 3 rounds. As much as he impressed me, I still don't like the guy, so his ability to recover and prolong the beating that Alves continued to put on him made for a fight that I could watch over and over again. The fight was exciting, Alves looked awesome and put a pretty good beating on Koscheck for a full three rounds which was exactly what I was hoping for. A knockout at the end would have been perfect, but I thought it was a great fight regardless. Alves will be a dangerous opponent for GSP with his punching power, but I think St. Pierre is just on a level that only Fedor, Anderson Silva and maybe BJ Penn can relate too with such a solid game in all aspects of MMA. I think GSP will be too quick in the standup, and be able to stay on the outside and pick Alves apart, and I also think dispite the fact that Hughes and Koscheck couldn't take him down, GSP will be the guy that's able too, and once he gets him there he'll be able to ground and pound him or tap him out with relative ease. That being said Alves standup and knockout power makes it a fight you want to see happen.

Then there was Sean Sherk and Tyson Griffin which I thought was a leading fight of the year candidate! That was an absolute war those two guys waged and that fight alone was more than worth the price of admission. Both guys just laid it all on the line, back and fourth, toe to toe, from start to finish. Sherk did a bit better and deserved the win, but neither guy was a loser here as that fight stole the show and was one for the ages in my opinion. Even with the disappointment of the way the main event ended, there's no way I could criticise this card because the Sherk/Griffin fight alone made it a great show, and watching Koscheck get beat up for 3 rounds was the icing on the cake.

I don't think the UFC is losing momentum at all. I for one and more excited about where things are at than I've been since Fedor/CroCop. It's wide open out there. I can't wait to see Lesnar and Couture get at it in UFC 91. That's going to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest draws in the history of MMA, and then you move forward to a triple main event card featuring the light heavyweight title being contested between Forrest and Evans, what would have been a Heavyweight title fight between Mir and Big Nog, and two Huge names stepping into the Cage to complete an epic Trilogy and likely crown the next Light Heavyweight number 1 contender in Rampage and Wanderli Silva all on the same show.

You've got a champion vs. champion tilt in GSP and Penn around the corner, and if GSP wins that he's got the Dangerous Alves in his path, and I've even heard rumblings of a GSP/Anderson Silva battle around UFC 100 if both guys keep winning. You've got Elite XC out of business which may mean some of their best fighters could turn up in the UFC. Nick Diaz would make a good opponent for BJ Penn in the lightweight division which is already stacked with talent within the UFC. Robbie Lawler could provide an interesting and creadable opponent for Silva at Middleweight, Bisping continues to impress at 185 and Dan Henderson looked awesome in his last outing. There's also the possibility of Anderson fighting a couple more light heavyweight fights. Speaking of light heavyweight you've got Shogun on the comeback trail, Rampage and Silva poised to establish the next number 1 contender, Machida continuing his rise, Franklin injecting himself into the division, Liddell still looking to rebound, along with the enigma's that are Keith Jardine and Brandon Vera in the mix.

With Elite XC toast and tea and Affliction in trouble, they'll probably gather enough now unemployed Elite competitors to mix with their own guys to make one more big show where we'll hopefully get to see Fedor tear apart Arlovski, they may be able to get the Gina Carano and Cyborg fight done as well in what would probably be a full card and most likely their final card before going under. If it is, it should create some interesting fights and just enough time for the UFC to allow the winners of Brock/Couture and Noguira/Mir to faceoff to figure out who their heavyweight champion is. That'd bring us to about time for UFC 100 and if by that time Affliction has fallen, that could allow for the UFC to perhaps persue Fedor one more time. The possibilites are endess and awesome in my opinion and I think this sport is going to continue to grow in popularity, public interest and overall awesomeness. Anyone who says MMA is in trouble is out of their mind, it's stronger now than it's ever been and it's potential is unlimited.

--------------------

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

[Thumbs Up]

Co-sizzle Drunk. Great post.

Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

He did it! Just as I expected, Brock Lesnar proved to be just too big & too strong. Couture did better than I thought he would but he didn't have the power to hurt Brock with his shots, and all it takes is one big one that Lesnar throws to find the mark and it's game over. If anyone can withstand a haymaker or two from Brock it's Big Nog, the warrior who's been hit by all the hardest hitters in the game and can usually weather the storm to lock in a submission and secure a victory. Unlike the matchup with Couture, Big Nog is a very bad matchup for Lesnar because his increadable chin is a possible counter to Lesnar's unparalled power, and his flawless ju-jitsu and ability to fight from his back could very well be the krytonite required to overcome the still fairly inexperienced champion.

That being said, nobody is going to have a walk in the park against Brock Lesnar. Brock can knock out or physically dominate anyone in the world, dare I say even Fedor. He's the one guy I think might hit hard enough to knock out Big Nog, or Fedor. I would be betting on Fedor and Big Nog if they were to face Brock right now, but until Lesnar, I didn't really see anyone having any possible chance of ever having a chance of beating Fedor. Lesnar with his strength and power would have a chance, but would more than likely end up getting submitted. I would put my money on Lesnar if he fights Mir again, as he had Mir the first time out but Frank got the lucky second chance when the ref took the point, and then Brock got overanxious, made a mistake and got caught. Ever since he has been much more relaxed, composed, patient, effective and ultimately dominant. I don't think Mir could ever beat Brock Lesnar again.

Regarless, hopefully the time will come where we get to witness and enjoy how that all unfolds. Right now, I just want to give some props to Randy Couture for standing in there, avoiding the early takedowns, getting back up when he was taken down, opening up Lesnar, and fighting his fight, and hanging in well against a guy who was a really bad matchup for him, after more than a years layoff, until the inevitable happened. I'd also like to congratulate Brock Lesnar on becoming the UFC Heavyweight champion of the world by defeating a legend in a good fight that will hopefully put an end to any of the doubters saying he's nothing more than a WWF gimmick. The guy is a world class wrestler, a physical freak of nature, and a hard working athlete who becomes a better mixed martial artist day by day.

--------------------

imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seriously think, that if Couture hadnt gotten caught by that mis-punch, he really had a chance of winning. Not trying to take anything away from Lesnar, that guy is scary big, and has alot of power, and is probably one of the best wrestlers in MMA today. I think if it hadnt been for that shot, Couture could have won, mainly because he was doing everything he did in his previous fights w/ Gonzaga and Sylvia. Controlling the clinch up against the cage, avoiding takedowns, and when he was taken down, quickly scrambling up before taking serious damage. Couture landed some good shots, but I guess it was just Lesnars night. Now, before you say I am hating on Lesnar, I am not. I was a fan of his in his WWE days, and I continue to be a fan today. I think for the next 2 months, he needs to work on nothing but his ground game. Well, not literally nothing, but you guys know what I mean. His next opponent is either going to be Mir or Nog, and those guys are THE Jiu-Jitsu guys for the HW Division in the UFC. There are of course others, but Mir/Nog are widely known for their ground work. Lesnars striking/standup isnt very tactical/technical right now, but I think that will all come in time. His punching has gotten better though I think. His size/strength, and his wrestling ability really come into play and help where he lacks on his striking skills, as we saw in the Mir fight, and the Couture fight. HE was able to control Mir on the ground and just pound away at his face. I think he would have won that fight had that stupid ref atleast given him a warning at first. So if he can continue to do that, he should still be OK until his hands get better. If he can do that on his next few fights, and keep away from the back of the head, most if his fights will probably be stopped soon after his huge sledgehammer for fists start going. His kicking, still needs alot of work, and I'm not too sure if kicking will be a focal point in his training, mainly because right now it seems that until he has it down better, he probably shouldnt be doing any of that in his fights. Knees in the clinch on the other hand seem to be coming along nicely. Anyway, to end my rant, I am happy that he won, and hopefully, he can defend the belt against Mir/Nog, but I am really not too sure about that. I honestly dont know who I would want to win between the upcoming Mir/Nog fight. I do have a feeling that Nogueira might take it though.
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links