Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself?
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I believe Lesnar would have gotten a first round win over Mir if it weren't for the ref. I'm not a fan of Lesnar but he was wrongfully stopped in that fight. Pulling for Mir in the rematch. His best chance is submitting him again.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Mir's best and only chance at beating Lesnar. But as much as people rag on Lesnar for being in the WWE and being just a wrestler...same thing could be said about Liddell or other toe-to-toe stand up guys who never really stray away from the one aspect of their strategy. Basically, what I'm getting at is Lesnar came into the UFC as a wrestler but is now becoming a well rounded,multi-faceted machine. Lesnar whether you like it or not is going to be damn near impossible to dethrone.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to admit it but you are right. Lesnar is going to be hard to beat. But I don't think his striking has been tested yet. I can't remember his name, but he's the black french guy that beat Crocop and lost to Herring and just won in this previous UFC event. His ground game still needs a lot of work but his striking is great. I believe if he could avoid getting taken down by Lesnar, he can outstrike him and pull off a decision. Thats just a possible fight I'd like to see after Mir faces Lesnar.
Anyone plan on watching the Fedor fight? I believe its on the 24th. The rest of the fight card looks exciting.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Second Timer
BANNED
Member # 21660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Second Timer   Author's Homepage   Email Second Timer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No mention of the upcoming BJ Penn vs. GSP fight on January 31st. This could be one of the best fights in a long time considering their fight in '05 went three rounds and ended in a controversial decision for GSP.

I'm goin with BJ Penn, knockout in two

Posts: 238 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Hard fight to call but I'm going with GSP via 5 round decision.
This is a month filled with great fights. Shogun/Coleman, Franklin/Henderson, Fedor/Arlovski, GSP/Penn. I'm picking:
Shogun
Franklin
Fedor
GSP

Second Timer
BANNED
Member # 21660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Second Timer   Author's Homepage   Email Second Timer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda new to this sport but it friggin ROCKS!!

How bout UFC 93? Ya 'all like Franklin over Henderson? I don't know...I remember watching Franklin get destoyed, twice, by Anderson Silva. Goddamm that dude is badass. Has Silva ever lost a fight?

From what I've read this Payperview event is on at 3:00pm EST cuz it's in Dublin, Ireland? Is that right?

Posts: 238 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Depends on where your at Second. I'm on the East Coast of Canada and it starts here at 10pm EST as per usual.

As for the GSP vs Penn fight I got my boy GSP in the 3rd with a knockout. Penn doesn't have the endurance to match GSP let alone the striking power. Although he does have the agility to match GSP as well as take down defense...but may God help him if GSP gets him down. If GSP hadn't lost when he did then yes I could see BJ upsetting him due to GSP getting a big head but now that GSP had that taken care of you will not see a controversial decision in this bout. Either way it goes it will be one of the top billing pay per views of 2009!

As for Lesnar...now one to match his striking power? Your god damn right there is no one to match his striking power!! Did you see his workout video?? Have fun matching that power.

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Second Timer, you are right. A derson Silva is badass. But he has lost fights before. A couple of years ago there was an organization called Pride Fighting Championship. Anderson Silva fought there and had some losses before joining UFC and dominating the 185lbs division. Its also where Wanderlei Silva fought and dominated the 205lbs division for years. Even beat several heavyweights in their open weight gran prix. As for Rich Franklin, he is an awesome fighter and he dominated the UFC's 185lbs division for a while until Anderson Silva showed up.
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GSP vs. Penn II should be phenominal. My money's on GSP. The only thing that cost Penn the first fight was his conditioning, and he appears to have taken care of that issue, as he's looked to be in great shape in each of his lightweight contests and continues to prove time and time again that he's an amazing fighter and a truely gifted athlete. That being said, GSP is a hell of alot better now than he was when they fought the first time as well. He was just comming into his own at the time of the first fight, and defeating BJ was his first really Huge win.

Since then he's dominated Matt Hughes on a couple of occasions. He had the shocking loss to Matt Sara, but as Blue mentioned, I think that only helped him because he realizes he can be beaten, and that he can't take anything for granted in this game no matter how good he is. He ahnialated Sara in the rematch, beat Josh Koscheck thought by many to be the best wrestler in the welterweight division by outwrestling him, totally dominated John Finch who was on a great streak going into their fight. He's looked like a man on another level compared to his opponents it's not even fit. Penn has to move up to make the weight so GSP's going to have the edge in size and strength and reach. I'd say he's just as quick as BJ, and has clearly has better wrestling, ground and pound & cardio and a slight edge in the standup. Penn is pretty close to him in the standup and has the better ju-jitsu and the better chin. However it's gonna be damn near impossible to submit GSP from your back, and that's likely where you're going to end up because George's wrestling has become so effective. Also being a natural lightweight, it's going to be tough for BJ to knock George out. I think Penn's an excellent striker for points, but he's not really a knockout artist. Anything can happen and I would never say Penn has no chance in a fight against anyone, but I think GSP is going to be too much.

St. Pierre is a brutal striker and he could win by knockout but Because BJ has that Hawaiian chin along with very elusive head movement, he may be able to avoid the knockout, so I'm predicting GSP by unanimous decision.

If George wins, he'll likely defend the title against Theigo Alves, but beyond that there's not too much left for him at 170. I wonder would he up to challenge Anderson Silva at 185? I don't know if he could take the Spider. It'd be very similar to to this superfight except St. Pierre would be assuming the role of underdog and giving up size, strength and reach to Silva, but with his wrestling ability he might be able to pull it off. I'd be rooting for GSP if that fight were to happen, and probably be more pumped for it than any fight ever, even though I'm not so sure he could win it. If he somehow managed too, then I'd put my money on him to keep going in the gauntlet run and take out Evans at 205.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Great fights Saturday night. Shogun won, but did not look good. Figured he would be well conditioned, especially since Pride had 10 minute first rounds. But Shogun was gassed way too early.
Would have loved to see the Marcus Davis fight go one more round. Decision could have gone either way, but it was very exciting. Both choosing to keep it standing and trading strikes.

Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Saturday's Affliction card looks awesome. It's always a special event everytime Fedor steps into battle to tear someone's head off. Arlovski is about to become the latest victim.

I really wanna see Belfort vs. Lindland. Vitor looked like the old Vitor in his last fight but it'll be a huge test for him to go up against "the Law". That fight could definatly go either way, and it should make for a very interesting battle. I have no idea who's going to win, but I'm rooting for Belfort.

Affliction picked up Sokoudjou from the UFC and he's fighting Babalu Sobral which should be explosive. Babalu should tire him out and then knock him out, but being as crazy as he is he might exchange right from the opening bell which is dangerous as Sokoudjou is a great striker until he gases. I'm picking Babalu, but expecting this fight to be awesome as well.

Chris Horodecki is still being advertised to be fighting Dan Lauzon which would be awesome as well, but I've heard that he failed his phyisical due to a buldging disk restricting movement in his right arm and the athletic commission is refusing to licence him. That's a shame because Horodecki is one of the most explosive little fuckers you'll ever see in action. Plus Josh Barrnett is on the card. He gets to beat up Gilbert Yvel, which should set up a Fedor-Barrnett main even if Affliction is able to stage another show...if they can't, hopefully both will head to the UFC.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

I don't think Barnett will ever fight in the UFC. I read either on the internet or an mma magazine that there is bad tension between Barnett and the UFC.
I really want to see the Affliction fight card, but I want to see GSP/Penn II. Three pay per views in one month is an expensive cable bill.

bluetoelover
unregistered

I used to have respect for Penn that is until he started beaking off about GSP. In my eyes fighters who shoot off before the fight usually know what the outcome will be(not in their favor!) and try to get into their opponents head. Can't wait to see GSP bounce his bald little head off the mat! [Big Grin]
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like GSP to win, but I have a feeling that Penn's gonna take it. Normally, I don't care about BJ's shit talking, but it generally bothers me when that sort of shit talking is directed at class, respectful guy like GSP who seems to genuinely like all of his opponents, or at least respect them.

Anyway, at least if BJ wins, we'll see a rubber match, so there's that. On the other hand, it's not fair that Florian and Alves have to wait for their title shots.

Changing subjects, is anyone gonna watch Margarito/Mosley this Saturday. I understand it's on the same day as Fedor's beheading of Arlovski, but it's one of the best fights made, even though Mosley's lost a step since his fight with Cotto. I think Margarito wins a decisive 8-4 decision.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

GSP/Penn II is going to be a 5 round war with GSP getting the decision. His gameplan last year was great. Outstrike his opponents and takedown them and completely controlling every round. Although BJ knows GSP is awesome standing and on the ground, he'll be expecting GSP to strike the entire time. Thats when GSP will take him down and edge out every round.
GSP all the way.

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links