Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself? (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself?
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Alves had to drop out due to a brain problem that popped up in the prefight CAT scan. They replaced him with Ben "Killa Bee" Saunders. Should be a great fight and props to Saunders for taking the fight on such short notice, win or lose he's got a set of brass ones.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

WAR GSP!!!!!! Props to Hardy for lasting 5 rounds...barely. But Karma came and kicked Hardy's ass for saying he was going to knock out GSP. For that, he was dominated!!!! [Big Grin]
bluetoelover
unregistered

Eat a dick BJ Penn! [Big Grin] That friends is what is called KARMA. I'm still waiting to hear him rag on about how Edgar greased...you know its coming!

Dana is PISSED off hardcore about Silva! Here's a vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qb5xo5LKhU&feature=player_embedded

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BJ to me is still the best LW fighter and always one of my favorites. He'll be back and will take the title back.

I saw the video Dana White said that Anderson Silva doesn't deserve a shot against GSP. Yes he does. No matter how disappointing that fight with Maia was, if Anderson Silva wants to drop down to 170 to fight GSP, you have to let him. Its the fight every fan wants and GSP is the guy that will give Silva a hard time. And thats what Dana White said he does, is make the fights that the fans want to see.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

But don't forget, Silva lost a buttfuckload of fans during the Maia fight. Belfort just called out Silva too...so it will be a while before we see GSP vs Silva. I'd rather see GSP move up to MW and have a couple of fights and get used to the extra weight/muscle and used to training with that weight and THEN fight Silva...or at the very least have a catchweight fight of say 177/178 that way neither fighter has to drop too much or gain too much...something to consider
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silva might have his hands full when he fights Chael Sonnen in a few months. If Sonnen is able to take Silva down, Silva will have a hard time, probably his toughest fight in the UFC. But I'd rather see Silva fight someone more well rounded, like GSP who is great in stand up and takedowns, than Sonnen who is great on the ground but not so great striking.

The next mma fights are going to be good. Faber vs Aldo on Sunday. Machida vs Shogun 2 in a few weeks. Rampage/ Evans next month. Liddell vs Franklin and Crocop vs Pat Barry in June. I think Fedor fights in June or July.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Machida/Shogun rematch is gonna be another war. Can't wait for that one. Rampage hates leg kicks, but Evans doesn't use too many of them, so that one should be pretty entertaining too. Liddell needs to retire before he gets seriously hurt.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Liddell hit the gym BIG TIME, no more gut [Blush] Won't see Liddell KTFO any more. I give him Franklin and maybe one more fight after that and he'll probably call it quits.

Did you guys hear that Couture and Toney are lined up for 118! That should be interesting...Couture's "dirty boxing" vs Toney's "Knock you the fuck out" boxing [Tongue]

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

WOW! Machida K.O'd in the first round. As much as I hated seeing Machida lose, especially by K.O., I'm so glad Shogun won and is a champion. I hope he defends for a while.

Kimbo lost and got cut from the UFC and so was Daly. What an idiot Daly is. He deserved to get cut after doing such a bitch move at the end.

Was hoping Sam Stout would win, but it was still a great fight. Stout has got a heck of a chin.

Great night of fights.

-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -cfg-   Email -cfg-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Predictions on Rashad Evans vs. Rampage Jackson? I'm really on the fence about this one.

--------------------
KLTPZYXM (kil-tip-ZEE-zim)

Posts: 1107 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

I was going for Rampage, but he lost. He blew his chance. Hit Rashad and Rashads leg gave out. All Rampage had to do was dig deep inside and find that last bit of energy and he would have finished Rashad, but he let Rashad recover and is regretting it.

I was glad Diego Sanchez moved back up to welterweight, yet he got his ass kicked. I was very disappointed.

Todd Duffey, what the hell? Completely dominated the entire fight until finally getting hit and getting k.o.'d in the 3rd.

Next UFC, I think Franklin will pull off the win. I'm even more excited to see Crocop vs. Pat Barry. Picking Pat Barry.

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Man, what happened to the MMA discussion? Past couple of events have been great. The most dramatic and unexpected fight had to be Fedor losing to Werdum. Nobody, other than a random few, gave Werdum a chance and he comes off with a 1st round submission. I still se Fedor as the greatest heavyweight and MMA fighter in the world. He finally got a loss, so what? Look who he has been in wars with and still managed to win.

Brock almost got K.O.'d in the 1st round against Carwin. I think if Carwin wouldn't have gassed himself out trying to finish Brock, he would have been able to get out of the choke Brock applied, or may not have gotten in that position in the first place. Cain Velasquez gets the next shot at Brock. Cains cardio will be enough to last 5 rounds, I'm just worried if he can avoid getting hit by Brocks huge hands and avoid having Brock lay on top of him. If he can do that, he should be able to pull off the win. I'm not much of a fan of Brock Lesnar,so I'm hoping Cain wins.

Next month, Anderson Silva will fight Chael Sonnen. I've been a fan of Anderson Silve since he was fighting in PrideFC, and I've been a fan of Sonnen and was disappointed of him getting robbed of winning the title in the WEC because Paulo Filho came in overweight. I kind of want Sonnen to win just so GSP can attain the title of #1 ranked MMA fighter, but won't be disappointed if either fighter wins because I'm a fan of both. I just hope its not a one sided domination that has been Anderson Silvas past several fights.

imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we can bring it back.
Velasquez has much better striking, but his chin is kinda suspect to me. Brock is the better wrestler, and is much stronger. Brock's striking has improved but I don't think its "UFC Quality." Obviously up to this point that has not mattered because hes just steamrolling people and pounding them till the end. I was surprised though, at how the Carwin fight ended, never would have expected a submission, let alone a Head and Arm Choke/Arm Triangle. Anyway, I think Velasquez needs to keep it standing, to win. His standup is much better, but as we saw in the Kongo fight, he may not be able to take good clean shots. Not that many people can take em from Kongo whos a monster standing up, but usually people show better responses to his hits. Especially early in the fight. It'll be good, but I think I'm picking Brock again for this one.

Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Velasquez has a great chance of winning if he keeps it standing and can avoid one of Lesnar's punches since his stand-up os waaaaayyyy better than Lesnars. But if it goes to the ground its over for Velasquez. I want Velasquez to win, but if I were to pick, I'd pick Brock. I was standing up when Carwin was on top of Brock and it looked like Brock was finished. Then the 2nd round came and Carwin just had no energy and got taken down so easy, my enthusiasm dropped and disappointment started to set in and Carwin was submitted.

Jake Shields makes his debut against Kampmann. Good luck Shields, he will has his hands full. I don't know who to pick, but I'm a bigger fan of Shields than I am of Kampmann so I'm picking Shields. He may be slow or boring at times, but he is really good.

imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going for Shields, because Kampmann beat Condit, and Condit is my boy! lol
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links