Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Do we have the right to stereotype other fetishes/interests? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Do we have the right to stereotype other fetishes/interests?
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well fiisco, may I ask who are the members misusing "streotype?" If it me, you can (in your mind) change the title to "Do we have to right to ridicule other fetishes?"

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Fetish Artist
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Fetish Artist   Author's Homepage   Email Foot Fetish Artist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by climax:
Nope, at least thats how i feel about it, not simply because I have a fetish too or whatever, but because i find it wrong in general to ridicule or look down on someone for liking something i dont, period. That kinda attitude aint a good foundation of forming a community of people who get along and accept one another. I dont care what the next person likes, whats good to them is good to them and it aint got nothing to do with me. I always say, as long as its lawful and concentual, anything goes, just dont talk to me about it.

Well said, climax.

--------------------
FootFetishArtist.com

Posts: 1779 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliza Durden   Author's Homepage   Email Eliza Durden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by coedfeet:
So that means you guys would also be accepting of animal crushing and guys wacking off onto little kids feet..fucking yikes [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Can these things really be called fetishes? I mean really!
Posts: 1549 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FIASCo:
quote:
Originally posted by climax:
Nope, at least thats how i feel about it, not simply because I have a fetish too or whatever, but because i find it wrong in general to ridicule or look down on someone for liking something i dont, period. That kinda attitude aint a good foundation of forming a community of people who get along and accept one another. I dont care what the next person likes, whats good to them is good to them and it aint got nothing to do with me. I always say, as long as its lawful and concentual, anything goes, just dont talk to me about it.

Well said, climax.
you still reply to my post, where i asked you question about what you said earlier

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot Fetish Artist
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Fetish Artist   Author's Homepage   Email Foot Fetish Artist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
well fiisco, may I ask who are the members misusing "streotype?" If it me, you can (in your mind) change the title to "Do we have to right to ridicule other fetishes?"

Sorry i missed this, Keyfeet. Yes, I thought that's what you were asking.

--------------------
FootFetishArtist.com

Posts: 1779 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eliza Durden:
quote:
Originally posted by coedfeet:
So that means you guys would also be accepting of animal crushing and guys wacking off onto little kids feet..fucking yikes [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Can these things really be called fetishes? I mean really!
Animal crush is certainly a fetish. Pedosexuality isn`t.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To supplement FIASCo's definition, I would like to suggest that a stereotype is very much like a caricature; both are based in some truth but it is usually the flaws that are exaggerated (for humorous effect in the latter, not always for the former).

Keyfeet, you mention that you believe that you must "accept" it. I'm wondering what you mean by that. If you mean that you accept the fact that such sexual proclivities exist in the world, I would have to agree with you and have accepted that notion long ago.

If, however, you mean that you "accept" such fetishes as scat and animal crush to be on an equal footing, and carrying the same legitimacy, as a foot-fetish, I would have to strongly disagree. I would contend that there are certain (sexual) practices that are simply wrong and others that are undeniably unhealthy. If you are accepting these as sexual peers in the fetish world, I would have to say that you are mistaken or misled.

I never have the time to expand, anymore.

Hey Hal! Just curious, here. How did you come to the delineation between Fetish and Pedosexuality? How did you draw the line? Where is the line? I'm guessing that it is by definitions of behavior that you drew your conclusions. Just interested in your reasoning.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ejc8708
Hall Of Famer
Member # 31433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ejc8708   Email ejc8708   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow one of my post got baned i whould just like to say some of those shemales make them selfs look better thena lot of women out there oh and i dont care if it gets ugly or not its called freedom of speech

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1869 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey Hal! Just curious, here. How did you come to the delineation between Fetish and Pedosexuality? How did you draw the line? Where is the line? I'm guessing that it is by definitions of behavior that you drew your conclusions. Just interested in your reasoning.
A fetish is defined as the sexual attraction towards an object, body part or a certain (inter)action. This will fit to the animal crush fetish (it is a sub-fetish of the foot/shoe/crush fetish, mixed with GTS, femdom and BDSM fetish) but it does not fit the term pedophilia.

I don`t want to turn this thread into a discussion about the definition of (or the line between) fetish/pedosexuality. It`s a really ugly subject that should have no room here.
For further reading just consult the internet, there are probably loads of articles about this.

-Hal-

--------------------

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have a saying where I come from - "What you do with your dick is your business". Now, children and animals are different. They just are. But this pretty much sums it up for me, and I would never look down on someone because they are into something that doesn't necessarily float my boat. Hell, it could be something that I'm just not into.....yet!

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jono86
Elite Trooper
Member # 9142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jono86   Email jono86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
should we steroptype? No
do we sterotype? yes

Its just in our nature

--------------------
If you want to chat my yahoo id is kinky_man789

Posts: 304 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toetapper:

If, however, you mean that you "accept" such fetishes as scat and animal crush to be on an equal footing, and carrying the same legitimacy, as a foot-fetish, I would have to strongly disagree. I would contend that there are certain (sexual) practices that are simply wrong and others that are undeniably unhealthy. If you are accepting these as sexual peers in the fetish world, I would have to say that you are mistaken or misled.

EXACTLY!

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

quote:
Originally posted by Michael P:
quote:
Originally posted by Toetapper:

EXACTLY!
I agree that aninmal crush is wrong.
But I disagree with judging fetishes by their standard of "health" (like the scat fetish). I am sure that the majority of "normal" people will also think that feet are disgusting and unhealthy...slobbering around on a woman`s sweaty, stinky and dirty feet isn`t exactly the most appetizing thought to most people.
And other sub-forms of the foot fetish probably aren`t recommended by doctors either...for example ball crushing, being trampled in high-heels or other certain forms of foot-domination. I doubt this would really be considered "healthy". [Wink]
Also, why use the term "legitimacy"...is foot fetish now more legitimate than other fetishes? Foot fetish uber alles!?!

I certainly have to agree with the majority of posts in this interesting thread: We should tolerate, accept and maybe even try to respect other forms of sexuality/fetishes.
(as long as these are done with mutual consent...so this obviously excludes pedophilia, rape, animal crush, ...)
I know it may be difficult but if we (the people with fetishes) can`t even be tolerant towards other "weird" forms of sexuality, how can we expect the rest of society to ever accept us?

-Hal-

[ March 04, 2009, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Hal ]

--------------------

Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:

Also, why use the term "legitimacy"...is foot fetish now more legitimate than other fetishes? Foot fetish uber alles!?!

You are right it was a bad choice of words; I even hesitated before using it but could not find the more appropriate word. Still can't.

I certainly wouldn't argue that one fetish is superior to all others. What I was trying to get at is that most fetishes are, in the final analysis, harmless (foot-fetish, very likely, the most harmless). Some seemingly extreme fetishes such as bondage, if conducted lovingly and carefully, are a very healthy release.

My concern is the psychological underpinnings of such a fetish. As a practitioner of bondage, when I meet an apparently willing "bottom", I don't race her right home to my dungeon. I want to get to know her; if I get the sense that her enjoyment of it is even remotely self-destructive, it stops right there.

This leads to my problem of a choice of words. There are some fetishes that are harmless and some that are destructive, either to the possessor of the fetish or to those around them; the latter are often revealing of some serious personal problems (ball-crushing and scat are some good examples - Ted Bundy might even be better, though off-the-charts in extremity). When I said unhealthy, I didn't mean just physically.

I notice that I haven't addressed the actual topic of this thread so I'll close with a brief story:

While I was playing in a traveling C&W band, we had landed in a place that was within driving distance of one of the member's home and his wife came to pay him a visit. A number of us returned to the motel where we were staying and went to the room where we kept our booze and other diversions. There were no customary signs of "Do Not Enter" on the door so the door was opened...

Thereafter, he was always introduced as "Duct Tape Dan the Fiddlin' Man".

The moral: Expect your foibles to be exploited.

My conclusion: If you can pick on someone's faults, seize the opportunity BUT do it with care and some kindness.

Stereotype I will but I also keep in mind that I have flaws, as well.

If it is for the sake of a laugh and not ridicule, it's all fair game.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuckyTeen
Elite Trooper
Member # 30822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuckyTeen   Email LuckyTeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that I shouldn't judge anyone who has a fetish (providing it isn't illegal or morally wrong-they are not sane and consetual.) Isn't scat illegal though, yeah it is very, very extreme and hard to understand? Hazardous if consumed or excrement gets into the body somehow so that's edgey. [Eek!]

--------------------
There is nothing more heavenly than the smell of a female foot ^_^

Picture shows foot worship...mmm.

Posts: 311 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links