Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Obama watch (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Obama watch
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -cfg-:
It was never and is not okay to call any president any name in any book. At least respect the office even if you do not respect the man's politics.

Agreed.

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the point of a democracy is that after the election instead of sitting back and complaining/defending like everyone does we are supposed to continue to work with and guide whoever won in a civilized manner toward the greater good.

politicians are always on campaign because "we the people" only exert our self-governing rights during elections. after which we become either complainers or defenders for a government which has no other option other than to operate by themselves in a vacuum. we should be offering constructive direction constantly to our representatives. Solutions to problems, offering our services and volunteer efforts if needed, regardless of if we agree with their views. That is how we have control of government in our system. By participating for real, not just bitching about things, defending against bitching, displaying anger, displaying praise. we have to DO things.

Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ozkar:
the point of a democracy is that after the election instead of sitting back and complaining/defending like everyone does we are supposed to continue to work with and guide whoever won in a civilized manner toward the greater good.

politicians are always on campaign because "we the people" only exert our self-governing rights during elections. after which we become either complainers or defenders for a government which has no other option other than to operate by themselves in a vacuum. we should be offering constructive direction constantly to our representatives. Solutions to problems, offering our services and volunteer efforts if needed, regardless of if we agree with their views. That is how we have control of government in our system. By participating for real, not just bitching about things, defending against bitching, displaying anger, displaying praise. we have to DO things.

Well said Ozkar! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robotron2084:
quote:
Originally posted by -cfg-:
It was never and is not okay to call any president any name in any book. At least respect the office even if you do not respect the man's politics.

Agreed.
Did you guys watch the news when Bush was in office? Did you talk to people around your town? Did you listen to what they said about the man?

How on earth can you come with this crap now after I had to listen to Bush get SLAMMED for 8 years and called EVERY NAME IN THE BOOK? Now, because Mr. One Term is in office, it's not ok to call the president "a clown"?

I just don't understand gentlemen. Just don't understand.

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

I am in the military and we are forbidden to publicly criticize the commander-in-chief. I believe People should use discretion when exercising their rights to free speech.

That said I know that President Bush was not a popular president and I did not agree with all of his policies. I did each a "happy medium" by acknowledging that even the "best" president is not perfect and simply moved on. Perhaps you should as well?

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair enough. Onward we march!

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither president worked for the people..only the armed service members do that. Both presidents were puppets who work for many other interests than the people, don't be fooled. If you aren't allowed to say anything bad because you are in the service, fine..but we can and we will.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18304 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilikesoftpeds
All Pro Poster
Member # 9269

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ilikesoftpeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
Neither president worked for the people..only the armed service members do that. Both presidents were puppets who work for many other interests than the people, don't be fooled. If you aren't allowed to say anything bad because you are in the service, fine..but we can and we will.

Best post in this thread! [Thumbs Up]
Posts: 642 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:

Agreed we are all "servants" serving one "master" or another. I am not saying do not say anything bad, juts use some discretion.

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

Spruce314
All Pro Poster
Member # 35412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spruce314   Email Spruce314   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noticed over the weekend Obama was on vacation again. Is it just me, or does he have the record for number of vacations taken while in office?
Posts: 602 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

quote:
Originally posted by Spruce314:
Noticed over the weekend Obama was on vacation again. Is it just me, or does he have the record for number of vacations taken while in office?

Or maybe the media seems to cover everyone of them?

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

The current President doesn't have a private secluded ranch. And he looks good with his shirt off. He's got two adorable daughters. And half of America hates him regardless of what he does. So they'll always be people willing to read about his vacations. Interesting....what do you do when you haven't had a day off in a month? Anyone ever been there? 100k troops brought home. Oil spill fixed. Time to rest up and fix this economy.

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spruce314
All Pro Poster
Member # 35412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spruce314   Email Spruce314   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, somehow I am missing the red cape. Fixed the oil spill? He sat on his hands for 45 days. Iraq? He has done nothing to get it where it is today.

Yeah, guess I'm that half that just doesn't like him. LOL

Posts: 602 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

quote:
Originally posted by GQguy:
quote:
quote:

The current President doesn't have a private secluded ranch. And he looks good with his shirt off. He's got two adorable daughters. And half of America hates him regardless of what he does. So they'll always be people willing to read about his vacations. Interesting....what do you do when you haven't had a day off in a month? Anyone ever been there? 100k troops brought home. Oil spill fixed. Time to rest up and fix this economy.
I was recently home on leave and I got to observe the mean spirit vibe that has been going around. It makes me glad I am in Germany, but concerned that I may have to return to the States one day. I do not think President Obama (or Bush) for that matter is responsible for it either.

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

coqui78
Board Regular
Member # 9702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coqui78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Uh no? Bush does, by FAR.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/

Look at that, both Bushes and Reagan had more vacation days on their first year than Obama, bet you were bitching up a storm then too?

Posts: 48 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links