Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Obama watch (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Obama watch
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by coqui78:
Well obviously you are not going to solve eight years of screw ups in just a few months. Things are still fucked yeah but, they are just a lot less fucked than they were before and most definitely a whole lot less fucked than they were about to get.

Yeah, it's difficult to get an accurate reading of the success of a president/leader if they walk into a fucked up situation. How do we know that there was no way there wasn't going to be a huge downfall, the acting president just managed to lessen that which could have got a hell of a lot worse etc etc.?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention the "other party" sniping him at every damn turn.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
Not to mention the "other party" sniping him at every damn turn.

Well my outside perspective is that he had absolutely good intentions when he campaigned. (although it's pretty obvious that a large number of people only voted for him because *shock* *horror!* - He's black, I reckon he was the right choice).

I just think that no one really realises the actual powerlessness that the presidential position holds. All the promises he intended to keep have to go through your version of Parliament/House of Lords - "Congress" I believe - heavily conservative/Republican, so it's kind of the same situation as here. The fat-cat company owners and land barons and dukes and lords and senators and whoever else have the final say. If it's too liberal a view, it's vetoed.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course. Good intentions can win you elections, but it doesn't mean much once you're in office.

As I recall, Congress wasn't shifted too far to the right until after the mid-term elections. So he had plenty of time with a marginally friendly legislature to get stuff done.

It's difficult (if not impossible) to say that he can get stuff moving now, since the mid-term elections were so "damaging" to his party.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all he's not black...he's 1/2 African and 1/2 Caucasian, let's get that right. He had 2 years folks, 2 years...with a majority, and did nothing. It was obvious he has handlers. Shift your mind out of the left vs. right paradigm and it will all get clear.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18305 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

You're right, wrinklesguy. The people that control the money didn't want the status quo changed, so it didn't. Simple as that, right?
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They find someone who is popular, until they run the course and people don't like them anymore...then they find a new patsy. Been that way for awhile now.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18305 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
First of all he's not black...he's 1/2 African and 1/2 Caucasian,

Yep, I know. He's black enough for black people and black sympathisers. That better?

--------------------
 -

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

BTW, are the members of Congress voted in by you, the voter? Or are they elected by someone you've voted in? or are the proportionally representative of the local politicians within each constituency?

I.E: one state has a republican voted in as state senator or whatever it's called there so that man/woman is then a member of Congress.

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Yep..each senator and house member comes from individual states voted in by members of that state or constituancy then becoming the voice for all...which would technically work in a perfect world, but seems to be troublesome with some of the vast differing of ideas from rural or urban reps who end up clashing while trying to pass laws because not everyone wants a certain thing the others want...you then have a mob rule type democracy. I personally feel a 2/3 majority instead of 51/49 should be the judge..

--------------------
 -

Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
First of all he's not black...he's 1/2 African and 1/2 Caucasian, let's get that right. He had 2 years folks, 2 years...with a majority, and did nothing. It was obvious he has handlers. Shift your mind out of the left vs. right paradigm and it will all get clear.

????????????????????????

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

He's of Black African descent, and he identified himself as a Black man (though he acknowledged his White family on multiple occasions). I'd say he's Black; he's also White, but most people are going to look at him and see a Black man.

Also, there's that one-drop rule.

I agree that he should have gotten more done, but there's still two more years left in his term. Maybe he'll wow us. But with the GOP the way they are, I doubt it.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spruce314
All Pro Poster
Member # 35412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spruce314   Email Spruce314   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
quote:

He's of Black African descent, and he identified himself as a Black man (though he acknowledged his White family on multiple occasions). I'd say he's Black; he's also White, but most people are going to look at him and see a Black man.

I agree that he should have gotten more done, but there's still two more years left in his term. Maybe he'll wow us. But with the GOP the way they are, I doubt it.

Not that it really matters to most of us, but his mother was Caucasian and his dad was of African/Arab descent. More Caucasian than any other race. Funny, I didn't hear very much about that? I wonder why?
Posts: 602 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by Spruce314:
quote:
Originally posted by Rider Aldebaran:
quote:

Not that it really matters to most of us, but his mother was Caucasian and his dad was of African/Arab descent. More Caucasian than any other race. Funny, I didn't hear very much about that? I wonder why?
Seriously people, get over how black or not he is and focus on the politics.

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

It was the liberal voters who voted on race...alot of them, which is sad because they are supposed to be un-biased towards race lol.

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links