Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Obama watch (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Obama watch
Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:
Originally posted by Five For Feet:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
It was the liberal voters who voted on race...alot of them, which is sad because they are supposed to be un-biased towards race lol.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
No he's got a point there. I mean hidden behind a veil of implying that Republicans are...racist?

I don't know if they are or not, but there's no reason they couldn't be...

Racism is not hampered by political party affiliations. There's a little more to it than that, as with the election of Barack Obama.
Oh okay then, no politician is or has ever been racist.

You can't deny that black people who hadn't voted in however many years they were eligible all-of-a-sudden voting in the first non-white president is a racially motivated vote.

No need to resort to the "all or nothing" stance in disagreeing with my point. Some politicians may be racist, some are not. My point is a racist disposition isn't contingent on the party you've chosen to support.

We tend to simplify everything so that it makes sense based on our own experience, and I'm certainly guilty of it too. Sure many blacks came out to vote who hadn't voted before (can you really blame them ?), so did many young people for example. I'm not saying they weren't racially motivated to an extent, but it's more than that is what I'm saying. I would argue that Obama did a pretty darn good job of distinguishing himself as better qualified for the office, and the alternative wasn't as attractive to voters generally speaking. That brought out a lot of first time voters too, yet there seems to be a reluctance to give him credit for that. It's easier to just chalk it all up to race, and dismiss his actual competence. That excited a lot of people too you know, black and white, liberal or otherwise.

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
It was the liberal voters who voted on race...alot of them, which is sad because they are supposed to be un-biased towards race lol.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
No he's got a point there. I mean hidden behind a veil of implying that Republicans are...racist?

I don't know if they are or not, but there's no reason they couldn't be...

Racism is not hampered by political party affiliations. There's a little more to it than that, as with the election of Barack Obama.
Oh okay then, no politician is or has ever been racist.

You can't deny that black people who hadn't voted in however many years they were eligible all-of-a-sudden voting in the first non-white president is a racially motivated vote.

No need to resort to the "all or nothing" stance in disagreeing with my point. Some politicians may be racist, some are not. My point is a racist disposition isn't contingent on the party you've chosen to support.

We tend to simplify everything so that it makes sense based on our own experience, and I'm certainly guilty of it too. Sure many blacks came out to vote who hadn't voted before (can you really blame them ?), so did many young people for example. I'm not saying they weren't racially motivated to an extent, but it's more than that is what I'm saying. I would argue that Obama did a pretty darn good job of distinguishing himself as better qualified for the office, and the alternative wasn't as attractive to voters generally speaking. That brought out a lot of first time voters too, yet there seems to be a reluctance to give him credit for that. It's easier to just chalk it all up to race, and dismiss his actual competence. That excited a lot of people too you know, black and white, liberal or otherwise.

This quote's getting impressive [Tongue]

I of course agree that he was the right choice.

I'm just saying...a lot of people's sole reason had to have been put down to how "revolutionary" and historic it would be to have a black dood as a president.

And yeah, sorry that comment about racist politicians was a bit childish. My personal view would be that you have a greater inclination to perhaps not be racist, but to at least favour your race if you are a conservative politician. Same with homosexuals, women, other minorities etc - I believe (though could be wrong) that the Republicans don't offer anything specifically designed for minorities, whereas Liberals do.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, but I went on to further explain in my second paragraph, it's almost disrespectful not to vote seeing as people gave their lives so you'd have the freedom to do so.

Those who died for future generations' right to vote should be honoured, surely?

Otherwise if you had a means by which to do all you can to better improve the country - I know you can send letters and go to whatever your version of council debates and such, but those weren't specifically fought for, voting was - yet don't, it's hypocritical to then complain about the way things are (obviously excluding illness or other extenuating circumstances). You could have changed it, but CHOSE not to. If nothing else, you make the future leader aware of what his/her country believes/wants.

I agree to an extent they're all answering to the same boss, but you can't say Obama's thoughts to nationalising the healthcare system would be shared by McCain.

I disagree.

In fact, I would go on to say that it would be extremely arrogant of me to think that my one vote being "wasted" (another thing I disagree with; just because I choose not to use it doesn't mean it's wasted) means anything in the grand scheme of things, including some kind of "disrespect" given to the Patriots who fought (and died) for our freedom.

If people see it that way, I'm not going to try to change their minds, because it's really a waste of time. I know where I stand, and my foremost concern is with me and mine, not pleasing people that I won't likely have contact with or whose criticism I won't ever hear.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
quote:
Yeah, but I went on to further explain in my second paragraph, it's almost disrespectful not to vote seeing as people gave their lives so you'd have the freedom to do so.

Those who died for future generations' right to vote should be honoured, surely?

Otherwise if you had a means by which to do all you can to better improve the country - I know you can send letters and go to whatever your version of council debates and such, but those weren't specifically fought for, voting was - yet don't, it's hypocritical to then complain about the way things are (obviously excluding illness or other extenuating circumstances). You could have changed it, but CHOSE not to. If nothing else, you make the future leader aware of what his/her country believes/wants.

I agree to an extent they're all answering to the same boss, but you can't say Obama's thoughts to nationalising the healthcare system would be shared by McCain.

I disagree.

In fact, I would go on to say that it would be extremely arrogant of me to think that my one vote being "wasted" (another thing I disagree with; just because I choose not to use it doesn't mean it's wasted) means anything in the grand scheme of things, including some kind of "disrespect" given to the Patriots who fought (and died) for our freedom.

If people see it that way, I'm not going to try to change their minds, because it's really a waste of time. I know where I stand, and my foremost concern is with me and mine, not pleasing people that I won't likely have contact with or whose criticism I won't ever hear.

Well it's all gonna come down to opinions and opposing views in the end. No one's mind's changing and no one's changing the world. I mean Australia has compulsory voting for example - get fined if you don't vote so you're contributing to the country either way.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, sir.

And if I lived in Australia, I'd get my ass down to the voting booth. [Laugh]

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This quote's getting impressive [Tongue]

I of course agree that he was the right choice.

I'm just saying...a lot of people's sole reason had to have been put down to how "revolutionary" and historic it would be to have a black dood as a president.

And yeah, sorry that comment about racist politicians was a bit childish. My personal view would be that you have a greater inclination to perhaps not be racist, but to at least favour your race if you are a conservative politician. Same with homosexuals, women, other minorities etc - I believe (though could be wrong) that the Republicans don't offer anything specifically designed for minorities, whereas Liberals do. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah, this quote is long. I'll wittle it down a little. Good points. I think the black dood had to have actually brought something to the table though, for those revolutionaries to follow through. Aftr all, Jessie Jackson ran for President at a time when his stock in the black community was probably higher than Obama's, and we see how that turned out. I was just responding to this line his detractors like to take; which is that his getting elected had EVERYTHING to do with race. They can't seem to stand the fact that he was simply the best person for the job. THAT's what we were moved by.

Hey, did you notice that you said "people's SOLE"? We may have to move this thread over to foot fetish talk! [Laugh]

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

-
http://www.lolcatz.net/gfx/c.gif

[Laugh]

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Do you *really* have a right to complain about any political issue then?

Actually, yes...in America we have something called Freedom..ok I will spare you the Patriot speech. But if you're not being represented you should have an even LOUDER voice so that you are. I usually take a bat to people's skulls who say someone should stfu if you didn't vote..or..something to that effect lol. [Laugh]

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18303 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Actually, yes...in America we have something called Freedom..ok I will spare you the Patriot speech. But if you're not being represented you should have an even LOUDER voice so that you are. I usually take a bat to people's skulls who say someone should stfu if you didn't vote..or..something to that effect lol. [Laugh]

Every democracy has freedom; it's not just America.

[God] you're violent.

[ January 18, 2011, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links