Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Obama watch (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Obama watch
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
It was the liberal voters who voted on race...alot of them, which is sad because they are supposed to be un-biased towards race lol.

I know. So you'd have preferred...the old guy I forgot the name of? [Confused]

*Edit: McCain!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No because I don't believe in the left/right paradigm...they all take orders from the same people.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18305 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...so you abstained?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abstained from what? Let's not play cat n' mouse here...the voting system is also fraudulent, plus I knew who was going to win based on the campaigns at the time.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18305 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

From voting.

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Voting is pointless...especially how they have the Electoral College set up, it should be a 2/3 majority of populus vote to win ANYTHING in a Democracy.

--------------------
 -

Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It was the liberal voters who voted on race...alot of them, which is sad because they are supposed to be un-biased towards race lol.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Voting is pointless...

Do you *really* have a right to complain about any political issue then?

--------------------
 -

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by Five For Feet:
quote:

No he's got a point there. I mean hidden behind a veil of implying that Republicans are...racist?

I don't know if they are or not, but there's no reason they couldn't be...

--------------------
 -

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
quote:
Voting is pointless...

Hey, it's a free country.

Just because people don't vote doesn't limit their freedom of speech. Although other people who use that argument have it in their heads that people who don't vote should pretty much STFU.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
quote:
quote:
Voting is pointless...

Hey, it's a free country.

Just because people don't vote doesn't limit their freedom of speech. Although other people who use that argument have it in their heads that people who don't vote should pretty much STFU.

Well I've always been of the opinion that if you don't like how things are, try to change them. Voting is a way to do that. If you don't vote then you don't really have a right to complain that things haven't turned out the way you want them.

If you voted and you still didn't get the desired outcome, then complain your ass off, ya know? There's some poor fucks who don't get the vote, they just get dicked on and past generations worked hard to mean you had the right to vote. Just don't waste it is all I'm sayin'.

[ December 21, 2010, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you don't vote then you don't really have a right to complain that things haven't turned out the way you want them.

My last post was a counter to this exact statement.

I firmly believe that no matter my participation in the "system", I have an inalienable right to express my opinion, so long as it is done in a reasonable and respectful manner. I won't be stopped by a tautology as the "if you don't vote, you shouldn't complain" nonsense.

But to be quite honest, a single Presidential election has very little to do with "the way things should be". The situation in this country hasn't changed since our forefathers declared independence. The kind of persistence one has to have when dealing with the current "system" is not something that many people have. Not to mention how dangerous it can get for subversives.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
quote:
If you don't vote then you don't really have a right to complain that things haven't turned out the way you want them.

My last post was a counter to this exact statement.

I firmly believe that no matter my participation in the "system", I have an inalienable right to express my opinion, so long as it is done in a reasonable and respectful manner. I won't be stopped by a tautology as the "if you don't vote, you shouldn't complain" nonsense.

But to be quite honest, a single Presidential election has very little to do with "the way things should be". The situation in this country hasn't changed since our forefathers declared independence. The kind of persistence one has to have when dealing with the current "system" is not something that many people have. Not to mention how dangerous it can get for subversives.

Yeah, but I went on to further explain in my second paragraph, it's almost disrespectful not to vote seeing as people gave their lives so you'd have the freedom to do so.

Those who died for future generations' right to vote should be honoured, surely?

Otherwise if you had a means by which to do all you can to better improve the country - I know you can send letters and go to whatever your version of council debates and such, but those weren't specifically fought for, voting was - yet don't, it's hypocritical to then complain about the way things are (obviously excluding illness or other extenuating circumstances). You could have changed it, but CHOSE not to. If nothing else, you make the future leader aware of what his/her country believes/wants.

I agree to an extent they're all answering to the same boss, but you can't say Obama's thoughts to nationalising the healthcare system would be shared by McCain.

--------------------
 -

Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

No he's got a point there. I mean hidden behind a veil of implying that Republicans are...racist?

Racism is not hampered by political party affiliations. There's a little more to it than that, as with the election of Barack Obama.

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Racism is not hampered by political party affiliations. There's a little more to it than that, as with the election of Barack Obama.
Oh okay then, no politician is or has ever been racist.

You can't deny that black people who hadn't voted in however many years they were eligible all-of-a-sudden voting in the first non-white president is a racially motivated vote.

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links