Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » 2D Gaming (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 2D Gaming
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite things to talk about...classic 2D video games. Anybody else feel all warm and fuzzy inside when playing video games with good ol' fashioned hand-drawn sprite-based graphics?

I'm currently playing that old game Tin Head on the Sega Genesis. I can't help but think of another 2D game while playing it called The misAdventures of Flink. Both games are platformers, and both games are European designed. The Euro games tend to have a very distinct look and feel to them, especially when you're already getting a steady dose of Japanese designed video games. It seems like the Euro developers spent more time on graphics than most other developers, getting everything detailed and shaded very nicely. On the flip-side, it seems like these games are paced a tad bit slower, and sometimes fall back on strategy more than reflexes. Anybody else notice this in certain games?

Tin Head has some beautiful graphics, big detailed characters, and plenty of platforming to keep the running and jumping fans happy. It's kinda' hard and not very forgiving, but addictive at the same time.

Anybody else playing some good ol' 2D video games?

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yates
All Pro Poster
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yates   Email Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been out of the gaming world for a long time.

And thanks to you, I just downloaded the windows version of
 -
Man I loved Zelda as a kid, game kicked ass!

Link to Zelda Classic

Thanks again bro!

Posts: 500 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one, Yates! Here's the 2D gem that I've been playing quite a bit lately:

-

It's an arcade game called Saboten Bombers that was released back in 1992 by NMK/Tecmo. It's basically another variation on the old Bubble Bobble platform game concept. Aside from being considerably surreal (you control a cactus!), the characters are colorful and just cute as all hell. I was enchanted from the moment I first laid eyes on it.

Do I feel all warm & fuzzy inside from playing classic 2D video games? You know it, Brother Lou!

[Hop]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would the original Contra on the NES count.

That was a great game!

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yates
All Pro Poster
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yates   Email Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hott3028:

That was a great game!

Great game!

What about Metroid, this game rocked!

-

Man, I feel like a kid again.

Great thread!
Thanks Lou. [Cheers]

Posts: 500 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Man I loved Zelda as a kid, game kicked ass!
You know it Brother Yates! [Thumbs Up] I can remember sitting on the floor playing that game for so long my whole lower-half would be numb...but I didn't care, I'd just get up, walk around a bit, and play some more! Gannon had to go!

I remember reading something a while back where Shigeru Miyamoto said that his inspiration in designing Zelda came from these little "garden in a drawer" things they had going in Japan at the time (and may still have going for all I know). These little gardens were just that, raised in the drawer of a person's chest of drawers, being as land is pretty scarce for people over there. He said the idea of "creating" a whole little world in that confined space egged him on into designing the lay-out of Hyrule. Who'da thought such an off-the-wall inspiration would go on to be one of the greatest game series of all time? [Smile]

quote:
Do I feel all warm & fuzzy inside from playing classic 2D video games? You know it, Brother Lou!
Somehow I had a pretty strong feeling you'd be replying to this thread Brother CJ. You and I have pretty much the same mind-set when it comes to video games. [Thumbs Up]

quote:
Absolutely Brother Hott! [Cool] That was an excellent game too! I played the fire out of it, and it was a bit later that I finally got to play the arcade game it was based on. Personally, I liked the NES version better, because it was so much faster-paced.

Do you still like the Contra series? Me personally, I consider the best one of the series to be Contra-Hard Corps on the Sega Genesis. If you haven't played that installment, by all means, play it! It becomes a total boss-fest midway through the game and keeps up that way, and I totally dig boss fights in shooting games.

And while I'm recommending games here, if you love Contra, you'll be lusting over Metal Slug! And Alien Soldier...and Gunstar Heroes...all these great run-n-gun games, but respects have to be made to the NES Contra...the game that got the ball rolling and still a goodie. [Thumbs Up]

quote:
What about Metroid, this game rocked!
It most certainly did!

Can you remember the name of the weapon Samus gets where it causes her to become invincible when she does a spinning jump? I remember exploiting the hell out of that weapon, plowing through enemies right and left.

quote:
Man, I feel like a kid again.

Great thread

Thanks Bro. [Cool]

You sound like quite a fan of the original NES. I would love to be able to play a whole bunch of those classic titles again, but damn me to hell I can't find an NES emulator to run on my computer. [Cry]

I used to play the crap out of games like Excitebike, Ice Climbers, Punch-Out, etc...and I can remember being the first kid in the neighborhood to own Double Dragon on the NES. I used to think home video game graphics were never going to get any better than that! [Laugh]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yates
All Pro Poster
Member # 5391

Where the hell was this version of Mario at years ago?
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yates:
Where the hell was this version of Mario at years ago?

LOL, that was freakin' hysterical!

[Laugh]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally into old games but I never played any of the games you guys are talking about (I must be OLD [Cry] )
My time was when the old Atari 2600, ZX Spectrum und Commodore 64 came out, plus I loved playing the old Arcade classics. Ahhhh, those were the days....

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
My time was when the old Atari 2600, ZX Spectrum und Commodore 64 came out, plus I loved playing the old Arcade classics. Ahhhh, those were the days....

Don't worry Hal, you're in good company. Those were definitely my golden gaming days too and some of my all-time favorite systems! Did you have any particular favorite games on the 2600 or C64? Let me know and I'll capture some screenshots from them so you can feel all warm & fuzzy too! Here's one of mine while I'm at it, taken of course from none other than Adventure on the 2600.

-

[Cheers]

Calico Jack

Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, CJ.
Did you know that there is an online version of Atari`s Adventure? Adventure

My favourites on Atari back in the old days were Combat and Indy 500, because it was awesome playing them with a second player. I also loved Pitfall, that was a really good conversion of an Arcade classic.
On C-64 my favs must have been Impossible Mission, Elite, Wizball, Giana Sisters, Maniac Mansion, Blue Max, Choplifter and all those old Infocom Adventures --- just to name a few.

Don`t get me wrong, I also love new games on Playstation or X-Box, but the feeling just isn`t the same.

Cheers,
-Hal-

--------------------

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam 4 Feet
Major Player
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam 4 Feet   Email Sam 4 Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last 2d game i played was pokemon on my brothers game boy but when i was yonger i used to love sonic the hedgehog for megadrive

--------------------
"And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing
mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and
lick up the dust of thy feet . . ." —Isaiah 49:23

Posts: 115 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
My favourites on Atari back in the old days were Combat and Indy 500, because it was awesome playing them with a second player. I also loved Pitfall

Here ya go buddy, some screenies as promised!

-  -  -

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
On C-64 my favs must have been Impossible Mission, Elite, Wizball, Giana Sisters, Maniac Mansion, Blue Max, Choplifter

And some C64 screenies for good measure!

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Hal
Member # 3484

Wow, thanks Calico Jack.
Seeing those screenshots I feel like getting my old C-64 up out of my cellar and having a few sessions!

-Hal-

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links