Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » 2D Gaming (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 2D Gaming
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
I remember buying "Mousetrap" for Atari around 1981 and it costed about $200!

$200 ?!?! LOL, the whole damn 2600 system initially retailed for $200! hehe Most of the cartidges generally went for around $30 apiece, but I suppose the arcade translations made by companies like Coleco & Parker Brothers always fetched a little bit more considering how popular those titles were. Mouse Trap was a Coleco cartidge as I recall. Still, $200 for any 2600 cartidge even at the height of that system's popularity would've been certifiably insane. hehe The most expensive cartidges I can remember encountering were the three X-rated adult games made by Mystique which all retailed for around $50 apiece.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I bought it in South Africa and most electronic devices costed about 10 times as much as everywhere else.

I downloaded the Atari Emulator (+ loads of games) a while back and was surprised that there were even an Xrated games. I tried to play them but they are the worst ever [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

-

-

There was still a third game but can`t find a screenshot now...

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There was still a third game but can`t find a screenshot now...

Your 1st screenshot is from Custer's Revenge and your 2nd one is from Knight on the Town. The missing one is from Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em. Here ya go:

-

There were also two more (Bachelor Party & Bachelorette Party), but the graphics in those looked more like Robotron than anything sexually provocative so I'll spare you the screenshots. hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Man, who came up with the ideas for those games??? [Roll Eyes]

But as we all know, there were similar bad games on C-64 and Amiga (and probably on every other computer as well).

-Hal-

--------------------

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lucky you! I remember buying "Mousetrap" for Atari around 1981 and it costed about $200! My brother and I saved up for it for about 6 months, and then it actually turned out to be total cr*p!
Oh man, sorry to hear about that kind of let-down Bro. Still, I gotta admire the stick-to-itiveness in your wanting to get the game and saving for it for so long. You remind me of myself back when the Neo Geo was being supported by SNK. I too would save up for months to land that $200+ game cartridge, squireling money away here and there and the big day arriving when the UPS or Fed Ex truck would arrive outside my door. I can still remember all that anticipation, and keeping an eye out for that big truck to make it's way into the neighborhood. Ahhhhh....the memories... [Thumbs Up]

To my credit, I never bought any of the "collector" kind of games (for example, Kizuna Encounter European version, which I heard once sold for $3000). The most I ever spent on a Neo Geo cart was a little over $300 for Metal Slug 3, which I still consider an unbelievably awesome game to this day. I have however had my mind blown over the years, seeing games I spent so much on going for so cheap. I bought Fatal Fury for about $212 back when it first came out, only to see it going for about $40 about ten years later.

I don't regret any of it though, because at the time I wanted the best you could get, and that's what I got. It's also pretty cool being the only guy in my neighborhood having those big carts lining a couple rows of shelves. [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It was an elaborate solution which involved going into the various rooms on many different trips and dropping off specific items in each of them along the way. As I did that, I was able to unlock all of the game's clues until I was finally given the great sword at the end. Cool stuff, and it only took me 23 years to do it! LOL...
:laugh:Okay, cool. Sorry for the bad information. The memory's slipping in my old age apparently. [Big Grin]

quote:
Like the Sword Quest games, I couldn't figure out what in the hell I was doing, so I actually mailed away for the solution sheet and once it arrived I was finally able to solve the game from that. Whether I cheated or not, nothing could quite match that feeling of accomplishment that I got when I finally solved those wacky Atari mysteries.
I remember a kid at school telling me how to use the "anchor", and once I nailed that down, it was a matter or time before I knew where to dig with the shovel. [Thumbs Up] I can remember one of my cousins calling me long distance one week night to ask me how to finish that game. [Big Grin]

quote:
Speaking of which, hey Lou, did you ever find "the dot" and uncover the hidden message in Adventure on the 2600? That was the first one of those types of things that I successfully uncovered on that system, and I still love doing it today in the company of friends just to embarrass myself.
I never owned that game, but I know what you're talking about. Isn't that considered the first real "Easter Egg" in video games?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
I've already played it several times in the last few minutes, and I can see why you'd say it's addicting. hehe So simple yet entertaining! Reminds me a little bit of Qix or Tempest type of game in so much as you're confined into a small space and have to do your thing as quickly as possible before the enemy multiplies and gets medieval on your ass.
It kinda' makes me think of Yar's Revenge, being as how you'd have to build up to a massive attack, the Rasha Ray you could build up to nail the other bees being the equivalent of the Nuke used on the Quotile. Good game. Say, you don't know where I could download a good Odyssey 2 emulator do you? [Smile]

quote:
Yeah, Krazy Chase was cool. They kept the charm of the first installment intact but added some nice goodies (auto-forming trees, spinning K.C., segmented worm, new enemies) & slightly new gameplay to differentiate the sequel from its Pac-Man-like predecessor. Not a bad follow-up effort at all.
And don't forget to mention the voice capabilities! I (meaning me and dad) never owned the voice module for the Odyssey 2, but that game had speech in it when played through it. No big deal now-a-days, but at the time it was like: "Whoa! These home games have voice in them!" [Laugh] Turtles, when played through the same module had a lot of music in it, or so I'm told.

quote:
I guess it wouldn't be altogether that different from Sword Quest: AirWorld, the 4th and final installment of Atari's series that had a prototype developed yet still never saw the light of day. hehe
Cool cover! Thanks for posting it. [Thumbs Up] Though I wish they'd put his twin sister on the cover instead of the guy. *lol* I don't know why they had twins in the comics of the game, when on screen all you got was the guy...I guess they figured out a little late that adding a girl would add some appeal, and she was a last-minute character. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Thanks. Man, who came up with the ideas for those games??? [Roll Eyes]

But as we all know, there were similar bad games on C-64 and Amiga (and probably on every other computer as well).

-Hal-

I'll never forget the game Masturbator a kid managed to slip into the computer class at school. We all had C-64's in this class, and there were about five or six of us gathered in the back to look at this game. He had an Atari 2600 controller plugged into the computer, so we took turns playing it. The object of the game was to jack a dick in the middle of the screen, while keeping an eye on the guy's face in the upper right corner. None of us took it too seriously, and treated it like a game of Activision Decathlon, just hammering the controller and scoring terribly. One guy though stepped up, didn't hammer the controller, and made a good score. We were giving him some funny looks for a while after that incident. [Laugh]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
Isn't that considered the first real "Easter Egg" in video games?

Yep, indeed it was. Warren Robinett (the game's programmer) purposely stuck it in there as a way of thumbing his nose at Atari president Ray Kassar who'd become infamous for mistreating his programmers and not allowing them to be credited in the games themselves. Warren stuck that easter egg in there where he figured nobody would ever find it, and basically all it was was a hidden room which contained the words "Created by Warren Robinett". Of course that little easter egg would go on to spark a generation of hidden goodies in video games and it's even still a popular contemporary feature in the DVD movie industry.

[Hop]

Calico Jack

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Say, you don't know where I could download a good Odyssey 2 emulator do you?

This is the one that I use.

quote:
And don't forget to mention the voice capabilities! I (meaning me and dad) never owned the voice module for the Odyssey 2, but that game had speech in it when played through it. No big deal now-a-days, but at the time it was like: "Whoa! These home games have voice in them!"

Ah yes, the voice module... I'm not sure if you're familiar with it or not, but in 2002 two guys (Mike Mika & Dan Hitchens) hacked the original Atari 2600 cartridge for Berzerk, and they created a new voice-enhanced version of the game which added the robotic voices saying "Intruder Alert!", "Chicken, fight like a robot!", & "Humanoid must not escape!" just like the arcade did. And I must say, it sounds damn good! I was somebody who thought that the original Atari cartridge was excellent back in 1982 when I bought it, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss the voices. That hacked version is a work of art.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Hal
Member # 3484

quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
Ah yes, the voice module... I'm not sure if you're familiar with it or not, but in 2002 two guys (Mike Mika & Dan Hitchens) hacked the original Atari 2600 cartridge for Berzerk, and they created a new voice-enhanced version of the game which added the robotic voices saying "Intruder Alert!", "Chicken, fight like a robot!", & "Humanoid must not escape!" just like the arcade did. And I must say, it sounds damn good! I was somebody who thought that the original Atari cartridge was excellent back in 1982 when I bought it, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss the voices. That hacked version is a work of art.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

If you imagine what some computer whizz-kids could do on an Atari2600 nowadays...
There are still C-64 Computer Parties here in Europe (even now in 2005!) where guys show demos & games that they programmed on the Commodore with the skills of today. A few years agon one guy even put the engine from the game DOOM onto the C-64.

-Hal-

--------------------

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
There are still C-64 Computer Parties here in Europe (even now in 2005!) where guys show demos & games that they programmed on the Commodore with the skills of today.

C64 computer parties? And here I've been wasting my time all these years at foot worship parties! I had no idea what I've been missing out on. hehe

-  -

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
This is the one that I use.
Thanks Bro. Do I have to download all those zip files to run it, or do I just need a certain one?

quote:
That hacked version is a work of art.
That sounds cool! I remember thinking those robot voices on the arcade game were cool as hell. Reminded me of the Cylons voices on Battlestar Gallactica. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Hey CJ, I had a Bro tell me today that a Ninja Gaiden game was made for the Neo Geo, but never made it to actual production. The game itself exists in an unfinished state (proto cart) and I'd wager some lucky guy with a lot of money and the right contacts has it. When I heard this I about flipped out! Have you heard anything about a Ninja Gaiden appearing on my all-time favorite system? Can you imagine how damn sweet it would've been if that game made it to full-on production?! Man, my mind boggles at the possibilities...

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Rockwell
Board Regular
Member # 1616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockwell   Email Rockwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey CJ, I had a Bro tell me today that a Ninja Gaiden game was made for the Neo Geo, but never made it to actual production. The game itself exists in an unfinished state (proto cart) and I'd wager some lucky guy with a lot of money and the right contacts has it. When I heard this I about flipped out! Have you heard anything about a Ninja Gaiden appearing on my all-time favorite system? Can you imagine how damn sweet it would've been if that game made it to full-on production?! Man, my mind boggles at the possibilities...

I already have the rom. [Nana]
Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links