Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » 2D Gaming (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 2D Gaming
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
Have you heard anything about a Ninja Gaiden appearing on my all-time favorite system?

Yeah, I knew that there had been mention of a Ninja Gaiden prototype floating around the Neo Geo community for some time, though I've never personally seen the cartidge nor the rom for it. Looks like Rockwell's got the scoop on this one. My own personal favorite Neo Geo prototype has always been Ghostlop, which is basically a Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move type of game with enjoyable gameplay and adorable sprites.

-  -

[Cool]

Calico Jack

P.S. - Hey Rockwell, if you've got any screen captures of that Ninja Gaiden game on the Neo Geo, we'd love to see 'em!

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I already have the rom. [Nana]
Really?! Kewl! Maybe we can hook up for some gaming Bro! I'll grab my roms of Magician Lord 2 and Mark of the Wolves 2, plus my console version of the Hyper 64 along with the home cart of Buriki One and we'll be in video gaming bliss! [Big Grin] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My own personal favorite Neo Geo prototype has always been Ghostlop, which is basically a Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move type of game with enjoyable gameplay and adorable sprites.
Yeah, Ghostlop looked pretty sweet, what I got to see of the screen shots of it. Shame that game never came to fruition either. I wish Data East could've made that, and at least one more Magical Drop game before they closed shop. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockwell
Board Regular
Member # 1616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockwell   Email Rockwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
My own personal favorite Neo Geo prototype has always been Ghostlop, which is basically a Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move type of game with enjoyable gameplay and adorable sprites.
Yeah, Ghostlop looked pretty sweet, what I got to see of the screen shots of it. Shame that game never came to fruition either. I wish Data East could've made that, and at least one more Magical Drop game before they closed shop. [Cool]
Actually it was released in ROM form. Some people got together, bought the cart and had it dumped.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, as a kid I hated the Atari before it was called Atari 2600. My best friend had it and a pile of cartridges along with it. A few years later I thought the most powerful graphics machine was unleashed on the public when the first Intellivision came out. (LOL) A few years later we actually bought a Colecovision as well. Wasted many hours of my youth plugged into a TV set burning away my retinas with mind numbing video games! Nothing nearly as important as spending many hours of my adulthood pulling it at Wu's. [Laugh] [Laugh]

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ledaemon:
Alright, as a kid I hated the Atari before it was called Atari 2600.

I doubt too many young gamers today remember that it was originally called the Atari VCS (Video Computer System) before it later on became affectionately known amongst gamers as the 2600. That's a good little bit of trivia right there! I was always pretty anti-Intellivision back then because in those days your loyalties either fell into one camp or the other. As an Atari kid since day 1 I always thought the 2600 was the cat's meow until Colecovision came along and its home translations of games like Donkey Kong & Burgertime graphically blew Atari's ass right out of the water. Today I love all of those systems, Intellivision included.

"I guess I've matured", he offered with confidence as he discussed his affinity for 8-bit children's video games with other grown men.

[Laugh]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockwell
Board Regular
Member # 1616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockwell   Email Rockwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
P.S. - Hey Rockwell, if you've got any screen captures of that Ninja Gaiden game on the Neo Geo, we'd love to see 'em!
That's an old Neo-Geo joke. Sorry, no news (info, screens) on Ninja Gaiden as all it did was make it to a list of games coming out for the Neo... Doesn't mean they did anything with it. [Cry]

I'll take that lie about Ghostlop back, apparently before it was dumped the people had some carts made. I don't know how many were created though.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Rockwell:
I'll take that lie about Ghostlop back, apparently before it was dumped the people had some carts made. I don't know how many were created though.

Too bad it wasn't more successful. It's easily one of my favorites, and Under The Bed has to be one of the coolest opponents I've played against in a video game!

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
I can imagine the price of said carts (if they ever came up for any kind of sale) being waaaaayyyyy out of my personal price range.

quote:
Under The Bed has to be one of the coolest opponents I've played against in a video game!
Screenshot please! [Smile]
Is he cooler than Tower in Magical Drop III? Tower's got my vote of being the coolest opponent type of character. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Screenshot please! [Smile]
Is he cooler than Tower in Magical Drop III?

LOL, not exactly. I got jazzed up so I may have made him sound far more grandiose than he actually is. hehe Visually there's nothing amazing about Under The Bed, but I just absolutely loved the concept of him. We've all heard about small children complaining of monsters under the bed, and that would appear to be exactly what Under The Bed is. They took an old ambiguous idea and animated it in a very cute way. I'll grab a couple of screenies today.

[Hop]

Calico Jack

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Here you go Lou, some screenies of Under The Bed from Ghostlop as promised. In the succession of the bottom three pics you can get a sense of the bouncy quality in the animation of the sprite as the mattress ripples in the middle to spring the ball up into action:

-  -  -
 -  -  -

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

And when he defeats you, he flips his mattress around and around in a celebratory victory dance:

-  -

Cute, isn't he? hehe

[Hop]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Cute, isn't he? hehe
Different anyway. [Big Grin] Thanks for the screenshots Bro. [Cool]

Looks like that game relies quite a bit on digitized backgrounds, at least quite a bit when comparing to other Neo Geo games.

Here's a little trivia for you Brother CJ; which Neo Geo game actually used some FMV (with live actors) in a video game intro? Cue in Final Jeopardy music, and...go! [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Rockwell
Board Regular
Member # 1616

quote:
[QB]

Here's a little trivia for you Brother CJ; which Neo Geo game actually used some FMV (with live actors) in a video game intro? Cue in Final Jeopardy music, and...go! [Smile]

Can I play?
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Here's a little trivia for you Brother CJ; which Neo Geo game actually used some FMV (with live actors) in a video game intro? Cue in Final Jeopardy music, and...go!

Hmm, my guess for that one has to be Neo Geo's version of Double Dragon. It's grainy as hell but it's FMV alright. hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links