Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » 2D Gaming (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 2D Gaming
Rockwell
Board Regular
Member # 1616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockwell   Email Rockwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm trivia...

What's the first game to feature scrolling backgrounds?

What gimmick was added to the Q*Beret arcade cab?

*Next to impossible question*

Name the games that Mario make an appearance in.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rockwell:
Hmmm trivia...

What's the first game to feature scrolling backgrounds?

What gimmick was added to the Q*Beret arcade cab?

*Next to impossible question*

Name the games that Mario make an appearance in.

Moon Patrol.
A little *thump* when Coily (sp?) the snake fell off the pyramid.
And hell if I know!

BTW, CJ, you're correct. Made me wonder why they even bothered with the FMV since it was so grainy.

Hmmmm, okay, more trivia it is, and Brother Rockwell, feel free to play.

What's the name of the little man that replaced Mario as Donkey Kong's adversary in Donkey Kong 3?

Who was the fourth monster added to the Atari Lynx version of the game Rampage?

and finally...
Name the enemy invaders in the following games:
(example: R-Type ->The Bydo Empire, Air Zonk ->King Drool III)
Gaiares
Thunder Force III
Gates of Thunder
(and the stumper)Fantasy Zone II

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll tackle the ones that are jumping out at me.

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
What's the name of the little man that replaced Mario as Donkey Kong's adversary in Donkey Kong 3?

Stanley.

quote:
Who was the fourth monster added to the Atari Lynx version of the game Rampage?

His name was Larry, and he was a big ol' rat!

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody remember the Battletoads? Some may argue that they were rip-off's of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I personally found them to have a charm and coolness all their own, with some very fine console games made of them and a totally killer arcade game! I've been playing the Battletoads in Battlemaniacs game on the SNES quite a bit here lately, and while that game is still as challenging and borderline frustrating as I remember it to be from back in the day, making me mad and yet I'm not able to quit playing because it's so much fun, I can't help but wonder if these Toads with attitude problems have gone the way of the dodo now-a-days. I'd hate to think such cool characters with so much potential are forgotten now.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anybody remember the Battletoads? Some may argue that they were rip-off's of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I personally found them to have a charm and coolness all their own, with some very fine console games made of them and a totally killer arcade game!

I certainly won't be forgetting Battletoads, Lou. In my case, the drummer in my band back in 1991 had a fixation with the game, and that led to us even writing a song based on the damn thing! That band was in the process of falling apart when that song got written, so we never ended up recording it. I still remember the music that I wrote for it though, and I definitely remember the game. I remember that being one of the cooler beat-em-ups from that period, especially where home console systems were concerned. Even on the 8-bit NES, the original Battletoads game completely rocked, and it was completely stellar on the Genesis. As for SNES, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs was excellent as well both graphically & musically. I love the effect of the lava river moving to the west in the background while all the main action with your toad is moving to the east. I can only guess that they'd hoped that the Battletoads series would be more of a commercial success than it ended up being because they even went to the trouble to trademark the names Zitz, Rash, and Pimple. Oh well, it's a series that still lives on with guys like us, Lou. hehe

[Cool]

Calico Jack

P.S. - As for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I was fanatical about the original Eastman/Laird TMNT comic books when they first came out back in the 80s, because it appealed to me as a dark & stylish yet humorous adult concept, but they lost my support once Eastman & Laird sold licensing rights so they could start making plush dolls, lunchboxes, Saturday morning cartoons, and basically robbing the characters of everything that I had initially liked about them. They watered them down into something that was entirely foreign to me and juvenile. Sad story, but at least I still have my comic books to remind me who they once were.

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey CJ, you remember the stage where you have to ride the snakes, carefully navigating in between all the spikes? Talk about frustration...yet the effects they pulled off on the snakes' skin (on the SNES), having all that texture and detail bend and twist along with them as they slithered along...cool! Those programmers knew their stuff!

I can see where the Battletoads would inspire music to be written about them...that was another aspect about the games that I liked a lot, the whole "metal" sound to the soundtracks. And remember their arch nemesis? That Queen decked out in leather, looking like a dominatrix?

It's a damn shame I can't scrape up the money to buy those copyrights, and then do an all-new Battletoads game on the Neo Geo! [Big Grin]

Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, here`s a cool oldschool game quiz.

Make sure to turn up the volume.

Name That Game audio challenge
(I just noticed that they`ve added a few more quiz games --- check the links on the left under "The Arcade")

Have fun,
-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Hey not bad, I managed 18 out of 18 on that one! Cool link Hal, thanks for sharing that.

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links