Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself? (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself?
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Free UFC 103 Undercard starts live on Spike right now. Floyd Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Marquez is tonight as well. I think Floyd will win via decision but it'd be so aweosme if Marquez managed to beat him somehow.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck Floyd, that's all I've got to say.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana was surprised that Mayweathers PPV pulled in more views than the Franklin/Belfort fight.

You guys watching TUF? Despite losing, he looked good against the former IFL champion.

And Rampage is a horrible coach.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shogun vs Machida. I'm excited to see this. I am a fan of both. Loved Shogun since he was in Pride so I've been watching him longer than Machida. But I love Machida's karate style. I won't be disappointed in whoever wins, but I think Machida will. Shogun isn't the same as he was in PrideFC. He doesn't seem to have the stamina he used to have.

My other picks:

Rothwell
Fisher
Barry
Johnson
Okami

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Machida will beat Shogun but it could go either way. Shogun is talented and vicious but the UFC rules don't suit him that well as he was good with the stomps and knees to downed opponents. His cardio hasn't looked at the same level it was in pride since he was in the UFC either as you mentioned, so I'm going with Machida, and I think Machida is awesome and a pleasure to watch fight, but it should be a good one, because Rua when he's on can beat anyone in the world at 205. That's really the only good fight on the card though, so I think I'm gonna skip this one, I'll prolly watch the fights online tomorrow or something but I can't justify 60 bucks just for one interesting fight. The next one is on Spike for free, then the Lesnar Carwin one. I'll be all over that one on PPV. I think Valasquez will hammer Rothwell and become the number 1 contender to the winner of Lesnar-Carwin, which I expect to be Brock. Fedor's fighting Brett Rogers live on CBS November 7th. That should be good as well. The thread kinda died off the past month but November is going to be a busy month with a pair of UFC's and Fedor making his Strikeforce debut.

--------------------

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

SHOGUN WAS ROBBED.
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Theres going to be an immediate rematch between Shogun and Machida sometime early 2010. Everyone except the judges thought Shogun won. From Machida's facial expression, it looked as if he thought Shogun won also. Other UFC fighters who watched thought Shogun won. Oh well, thats why you can't leave it in the judges hands. But it looks like the Shogun I loved in Pride is 100% now.
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

dunno what all the controversy is about other than the fact Goldberg is an annoying idiot who dispite calling the action for years still doesn't understand fighting and outside over over used cliches and stating, restating, and stating the obvious again and again decided to paint Shogun as the winner. Shogun threw some good leg kicks and a nice body shot in the first round as Rogan pointed out and Golberg just repeated and repeated it and repeated over and over without even noticing that Machida was picking Shogun apart with some nice shots and then getting out of the way quickly as not to be countered. Rogan knew it was very close and didn't go as far as to say Shogun won the fight. Goldberg created an unnecessary and much overblown controversy with his idiot commentary in my opinion. It was a close fight for sure, but I would have given Machida rounds 1, 3 and 4 for sure, probably rounds 1,2,3 and 4. The only round I thought Shogun clearly won was the 5th.

All Shogun did in the first three rounds was throw leg kicks. He had no other offence while Machida picked him apart with some well placed shots. I thought Machida won round 1 easily while Shogun commited to the investing in the leg kicks in hopes they'd pay dividends late in the fight.

After reading the comments that Shogun was robbed I was really looking for Shogun to be doing something to win these rounds but he did nothing but leg kick. Round 2 was pretty close, not because Shogun did a whole lot more, but Machida didn't do much of anything either. Shogun kept plugging away with the leg kicks but I thought Machida landed the better head strikes once again to take round two. It's possible Shogun did land a couple of good body shots to make it a close round but it was pretty much just leg kicks while Machida was able to mix up some nice body and head shots.

Round 3 was more of the same. Nothing but leg kicks from Shogun. Machida with some good body and head shots a nice flurry at the end to secure the round. Shogun landed a good right in that exchange but intead of going with the flurry and looking to knock Machida out he backed off and went back to the leg kicks. Machida won round 3 easily.

Round 4 was really close. The leg kicks began paying dividends as Machida started to look gassed and was clearly trying to protect the leg but Shogun wasn't very agressive and didn't really look to capitilize on Machida's weakened state. Shogun landed a couple of decent right hands and a knee to the body but Machida landed probably an equal number of good strikes. I could see Machida winning that round as well because it was basically an even round which usually are scored for the champion in title fights.

Round 5 belonged to Shogun as he landed the better stikes, bloodied Machida up a little bit and hit him with some stiff shots but he showed no sense of urgancy and didn't look to finish. He had Machida tired, his mobility was limited by the accumlitive leg kicks while Rua looked fresh and had some bounce to his step. He might have scored a knockout in that round had he gone for it, but he just played it safe and was still throwing leg kicks in fight I thought he was likely trailing in.

Goldberg is an idiot, don't let his ridiculous commentary fool you. A guy's got to do more than just throw leg kicks to win the Light Heavyweight Championship of the World and Shogun didn't do anything more. Might have been bad advice from the corner telling him he was winning or whatever but he didn't do enough to win that fight. He had a good game plan by commiting to the leg kicks through the first three rounds, he may have even stole a round in there but more importantly he softened Machida up for the final two rounds and could have potentially knocked him out but when those rounds came, he didn't go for it at all. It wasn't even a good fight as Machida didn't take any chances either and did just enough to win each round up until the 5th. Unlike his awesome victories over Rashad and Theigo Silva he was content to be elusive, pick his shots and win the decision. Not a bad stratagey against as dangerous a striker as Shogun is. Shogun was in the fight and made each round close with the leg kicks and they definatly wore the Dragon down for the by the time the last two rounds arrived but Rua didn't look to put Machida away in the 4th and 5th when he had the chance and has nobody to blame but himself for the loss. I think Machida rightfully won the decision and the main source of the controversy was Goldberg's uninformed call. Machida didn't do anything overwhelmingly impressive in rounds 1,2,3, or 4 but he was the champion, he landed the best head shots, avoided any powerful strikes that could have ended the fight, and did just enough to win all of those rounds which is what his style often times does. It's not always flashy or exciting but it gets the job done. All Shogun was really able to land was leg kicks, a couple of good kicks and knees to the body and a couple of punches in the 5th round and he seemed totally content with that and didn't look to pressure Machida and land the big fight changing shot at any point, even in the 5th. It was close, but I think you gotta beat the champion to win the title and I think the judges got this one right. I thought Rampage should have won the close fight Forrest got the decision on as well. Anyone who thinks that was the right decision, I can see why they think Shogun should have gotten this decision, but I scored it in favor of Machida and thought it was a close fight, not a very good fight, but the right call.

What a clinic Velasquez put on. I expected him to win, but that was complete and total domination. He's gotta be next in line to take on the winner of Lesnar-Carwin. I suppose Big Nog could make an argument for a title shot as well, but that wasn't just a win by Cain, that was a fucking statement. Cain Velasquez is ready for a title shot.

Should be a hell of a month for MMA with StrikeForce's Fedor vs. Rogers a week from Saturday, then UFC 105 Free on Spike featuring Coture and Vera. 106 was going to be a Stellar card but apparently Lesnar had to drop out of his title defence with Carwin. He's got the Swine Flu or something so the fights off. That really sucks, and Rampage has apparently retired to pursue acting so his fight with Rashad is off which also sucks. Still though, alot going on in the world of MMA in November.

--------------------

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

I disagree. I felt Shogun landed more attacks, was the aggressor throughout most of the fight and won at least 3 of the rounds. I know most of the hits Shogun landed were leg kicks, but those still count. Its kind of hard to go in for the kill and try to finish the fight when Machida is backing away, waiting to counter. I know thats what Machida does best is counter, but he was very uneffective in the fight.
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

DAAAAAMN! Fedor is the shit.
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Dana White cracks me up. Airing UFC the same time as Strikeforce.
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Guess I'm the only one keeping this thread going. This previous UFC was OK. One of the only few I wasn't really looking forward to and am glad it was free. Couture vs Vera was boring, yet I agree that Couture won. He controlled 85% of the fight, up against the cage. Vera had the knock down on Couture but that was it. Hoped Swick and Hardy would bang a little more as they both have great K.O. power. Swick got hurt a couple of times so of course he would have to back off and recover. I don't think Hardy has a chance against GSP. Was also disappointed with Kang. He had Bisping hurt in the first round but must have ran out of energy into the second cause he was a different fighter in the second round.
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't watch UFC on Saturday because I was watching the Pacquiao fight. He is Filipino Bruce Lee. Guys, there is no other fighter on the planet more deserving of your hard earned PPV money than him.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

UFC was free, thats why I didn't order the boxing fight. Wasn't Bruce Lee undefeated while Pacquiao has 3 losses? I'm going to have to watch the Bruce Lee documentary again, not the movie "Dragon" but the 2 hour documentary that aired several months ago. I believe its also on the "Enter The Dragon special edition" DVD.
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

I did just the opposite as Salvy and the same as FtLckr and went the UFC because entertainment wise I figured things were pretty much equal, the boxing main event a bit more intreiguing than anything on the UFC card but the UFC had 4 good fights and most importantly it was free.

Pacman is something else though. I hope he can get the Mayweather fight done and put the beating on Floyd I've been hoping to see someone put on him for years.

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links