Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself? (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself?
joebond
Hall Of Famer
Member # 11049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joebond   Email joebond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drunk_24-7:
I did just the opposite as Salvy and the same as FtLckr and went the UFC because entertainment wise I figured things were pretty much equal, the boxing main event a bit more intreiguing than anything on the UFC card but the UFC had 4 good fights and most importantly it was free.

Pacman is something else though. I hope he can get the Mayweather fight done and put the beating on Floyd I've been hoping to see someone put on him for years.

Great minds think alike..I've been waiting for that cocky SOB to get jacked up for years..

--------------------
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money"
Pablo Picasso

Posts: 1192 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Amyone watch the two hour season finale of the Ultimate fighter? They made up for an underwhelming season with one hell of a season finale for the show portion. All four of the last fights were impressive. Mittrione as much of a douchbag as his is, is like that big tough jock that a good fighter can beat but could also get knocked out by. You can smash him and he just blinks at you like a dummy and hits you back harder. He rocked McSweeney but then when McSweeney didn't go down and he ended up in a war, it became evidant he didn't have the heart of a fighter or the will of a warrior. As soon as he got in trouble and McSweeny put the gillotine on him he was tapping before McSweeny even had it fully cinched in. He's got no heart whatsoever and I hope Jones pummels him in the finale but it's very possible he could knock Marcus out in an early exchange from the standup. If Jones is focused and cautious of Mittrionne's power, he should be fine. Take him down and either pound him out or tap him out. He'd probably be better off looking for the submission because Mittrionne an take a punch and take a beating because he's got a big block head that's hard to hurt but as soon as a ligimant or muscle turns the wrong way as a submission is applied he'll throw in the towel and call it a day. He'll come out looking to score the early knockout and he has the power in his hands to do it but hopefully Jones will destroy him. McSweeny really had to work for that win and if Mittrionne had any heart he probably could have gotten out of that choke. It didn't look tight at all. He may have lost anyways, but he was looking to trade shots and hope McSweeney dropped first, once he sensed trouble, he just quit. Hopefully Jones will make him quit in a more painful fashion because the guys a total dick and Jones seems like a hell of a good guy.

He looked awesome in his win over Titties. Complete and total dominatation. Huge power comming at you when he starts grounding and pounding, look the fuck out. Very nice win by him over Titties.

Then in the Semi's McSweeny was doing great against Nelson. He was picking his shots, avoiding the takedown and doing a great job until he started doing the Rashad like showboating and it cost him which was nice to see. Once he got over confident and started smiling and sticking his chin out it didn't take a veteran like Nelson long to whipe the smile off his face with a big haymaker that rocked him. Next thing he knew he was on his back and in the same Crucifix Nelson used on Kimbo, except he didn't take it so easy on McSweeney and finished him effectively with some solid ground and pound for the finish in another good fight.

Then Jones and Brendan was a war. Brendan reminds me of a buddy of mine Steve, who could also fight like hell and often kicked the shit out of people a way bigger than him in street fights and stuff. Actually, he even tried to fight Link Gaetz when we were all partying one time, but he was loaded and could barely standup but he still wanted to fight him because of the respect everyone was giving Link and the way he was being treated like the toughest guy in the room. If there was someone in the room that thought they were tougher than Steve, Steve would have to fight them and win lose or draw, then they could be friends. Link dropped him with a body shot and ended their fight before it really even got going but anways, the point is that Brendan guy looks alot like him so as he squared off with the giant Marcus to me it almost looked like a routine fight against a bigger dude that I've often seen my buddy Steve win and Brendan pulled it off exactly the same way Steve often did.

It was a great fight. Marcus had the takedown right off the hop but Brendan was really active from the bottom bucking for his life and making Marcus work really hard to keep him down. Marcus had to work so hard to keep him down he didn't really have a chance to do any ground and pound or any damage because Brendan was constantly moving making Marcus constantly work to maintain control and expend alot of energy. Then when he managed to get up, Even though he took a big knee on the way up, he gutted it out and Marcus was gased just enough to give Brendan the opening he needed to land one on the button and drop him and then pounce on him for the finish. I'm all for giving a guy a chance to recover and am more apt to argue against an early stoppage than to critizise a late one but the ref let Jones take two or three or even four more shots than necessary there as he was out. Can't blame Brendan, his job is to pound away until the ref tells him to stop but in any case it was an excellent fight that Jones was in position to win but Brendan gutted it out and worked his ass off to survive some dangerous situations and then jump all over the first oppertunity that arose an work it to the finish. He looked like a UFC fighter the way he won that fight and he was extremely, extremely impressive.

So Brendan Schaub against Roy Nelson. You gotta figure Nelson is the odds on favorite with his experience and size advantage but what I like about Brendan is his tenacity and determination. I think he's probably a better striker than Nelson but because Roy can take a shot so well it's hard to knock him out or drop him from the stand up and it'll be difficult to stay off the ground for three rounds but even if Roy is able to take him down, he may not be as easy to keep there as Roy thinks he'll be if that Jones fight is any indication. Nelson's gotta be the favorite and I think he'll probably win but I'd like to see t he underdog pull it off and will be rooting for Brendan. I'll be rooting for Jones to hammer Mittrionne. I think "Bones" Jones will prove to be too quick and too explosive for Hammill and end up knocking him out in a fight I'm looking forward too. Frankie Edgar will school Veach but it should make for an entertaining bout. McSweeny should beat Titties and I think Wren will beat Madsen. I don't think Simms is fighting. They should have thrown him in there against that Zak Jensen guy he was fucking with the whole season. That wouldda been a good one for the fans and Simms might actually win. The guy's a total clown but he's a riot. I used to hate him because he was a goof but now I think I like him because he's such a goofy but fun loving fucker. While there's no question he's a shit disturber, he seems like an alright guy. I'd like to see him give that Jensen guy a beating but I don't think either one of them are fighting on the finale.

Then there's Kimbo and Alexander. That should be a Total War! It should be Exciting! It Should be Awesome...but it shouldn't last very long. Someone will get knocked out in the first round, probably in the first two minutes or less. I think Alexander will knock Kimbo out, but I'd like to see Slice pull it off. Although I like Alexander too. I really don't care who wins, as I like both guys, same thing with Nelson and Brendan, I like 'em both. I think the smart money's on Houston Alexander and Roy Nelson, but I'm going to pick Houston over Kimbo with the odds, but I'm picking Brendan Schaub to upset Nelson to become the Next Ultimate Fighter. Should make for another Great Saturday Night of Free MMA that's for sure!

Man I just wish Rashad and Rampage were fighting at the Next PPV. What a letdown is. They gotta find a way to make that fight happen at some point. Hopefully when Rampage finishes up filming the A team, he'll realize the demand, money and importance of this fight to his fans, unless he's a complete and total bullshitter it should mean alot to himself as well. Hopefully he'll man up and deliver and the Rampage-Rashad fight will happen at some point. As much respect as I gained for Rashad during this show and as awesome a coach I think he is, and as much of a dummy Rampage came off as and as aweful a coach as he proved to be, if the fight happens I'll still be rooting for Rampage to tear Evans apart and I think if it ever does happen, Rampage will do exactly that.

Great final two episodes to make up for what was a disappointing season up until the end but came back big time with four excellent fights and a great two hour episode to lead us into the weekend!

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a pretty good show. I didn't think Kimbo-Alexander would last 3 minutes, let alone three rounds but it was a great effort by Kimbo. The first round was horrible as ImissPJ described but that was simply because Alexander was riding the merry go round and didn't want to engage for whatever reason. The second round was awesome and Kimbo showed some phenominal slams, some great ground work along with solid standup. Alexander showed a great chin and alot of heart. Kimbo could have finished him in the second round but credit Houston for surviving it. The third round was sloppy as both guys were pretty tired but they were at least trying. Kimbo landed some good shots, Alexander landed some nice shots of his own as I think Kimbo's power was decreasing due to fatigue so Alexander felt less threatened by the power and was more willing to engage. He had Kimbo in serious trouble with the leg kick/sweep that knocked him down but Kimbo showed great heart by not giving up and folding. Instead he got up and pulled off a very impressive slam/takedown which allowed him to do some ground work and give the leg a chance to get the blood circulating again. Then they had a sloppy and exhausted exchange to the finish, but instead of frustration, I give them alot of credit. They left it all in the ring. The first round was a joke, but the next two rounds were a war and Kimbo deserves alot of credit for winning it.

Jones got tagged just as I was scared he might. Mitrione looked alot better in his ability to get up from the takedown Jones had on him in the first round. I figured Marcus would finish him when he got him down early, but just as I feared, after working hard in that first round to maintain position and control he gased himself out a bit and with not much in the way of standup defence to begin with, you add a little fatigue to that against a guy who hits as hard as Mitrione and it spells disaster and Mitrione put the big guy to sleep. I'd like to see Kimbo fucking hammer Mitrione in his next fight.

Speaking of Jones, Jon Jones got fucking robbed! McSweeney hit Titties with a north south elbow to the back of the head after the bell in his fight and didn't get so much as a warning. Then in the next round he went on to finish Titties in impressive fashion.

In the Jones fight he was hitting Hamill with clean elbows and punches and the ref wasn't stopping it because Hamill was trying to defend and cover up. He was mounting no offence and had no answer but was protecting himself fairly effectively. The ref could have stopped it and gave it to Jones about 30 seconds before the illegal elbow and given it to Jones, but since Hamill was still trying to defend himself, then Jones was just trying to sneak one through his defence. Hamill was flailing his arms and an elbow happened to come through at an illegal angle as Jones worked to get inside his defence.
If it was illegal, it was the first offence and a warning would have sufficed, if you're a dumb fucken idiot ref like Mazzagatti is, going by the rule book letter of the law without taking into consideration there's two guys fighting in there trying their best to stay within the rules but sometimes accidents happen, fine take the point away. It was a two point round for Jones if you go to the cards, so even with the point deduction he still wins 9-8 on my card, or it's a 9-9 decision but Hamill couldn't continue, so he forfited in my opinion. The DQ was BS. The fight could have been stopped prior two the illegal elbow ever even happening and Jones would have won fair and square and then he didn't even get a warning, or a simple point deduction but a total DQ. Fucking bullshit call there big time.

Edgar looked awesome as always and he should get the next title shot at 155 after Penn smashes Sanchez. He won't win either, but he's been on a hell of a run and I'd like to see him get a shot. Although if Guida can manage to beat Florian he'd have a pretty legit case for the next shot as well, and I wouldn't mind seeing that one either because I think Guida actually has the best chance of any lightweight to beat Penn because of his relentless pace, granite chin and superior cardio. Sanchez is more skilled than him and has great cardio and a frantic pace, but the problem is that he's not as skilled as Penn so he'll get beat up when their skills collide and probably gut knocked out or submitted in the third or fourth round. Guida on the other hand will get the shit kicked out of him for two or three rounds, but could possibly be squirmy and/or strong enough to avoid each submission and the chin to take every shot and then potentially exploit a gassed Penn in the 4th and 5th and somehow win a decision or get a stoppage of some sort. I can't see him having much of a chance either but I just think he's the only guy who has really any chance against BJ at 155. I'd give Sanchez about a 2% chance out of 100%. Edgar probably the same, and Guida maybe a 5% chance out of 100 of beating him so ya know, I'm not saying he would beat him by any means, and he may get tapped by Florian but I think he poses the biggest challenge to Penn in the division.

Nelson and Schaub was awesome. Great fight, Schaub was doing very well, managed to land some great shots in the standup but Nelson's chin was solid as always. He also managed to get up after a takedown which is no easy tast against Nelson, but then Nelson clipped him behind the ear and knocked him the fuck out in probably the most impressive and awesomely devistating victory of his career on the biggest stage he's ever been on. That was a highlight reel knockout and a huge win for Nelson. Great to see a guy who looks like he's in worse shape than me win The Ultimate Fighter. Schaub has alot of potential if he keeps training and progressing, he just got caught here and Nelson deserves this oppertunity and made the most of it so congratulations to him on an awesome victory. All in all I thought it was a pretty damn good show.

Kimbo-Mitrione would be a standup war and should be Kimbo's next fight. Kimbo probably actually has a better ground game than Mirione and they can both hit very hard. I think Kimbo's a better striker, but Mitrione has a great chin and knockout power so it could certianly go either way and alot of people hate Mitrone from the show and like Kimbo alot more than they did before it and would love to see Kimbo turn Mitrione's lights out. Count me as one of those people. If Kimbo can knock Mitrione out and continue to work his overall game, his first big test at heavyweight should be Kongo or CroCop who'll fight him Standup and probably take his head off but he's got a win under his belt, showed some great improvement. See if he can take out Mirtione, and maybe another can or two and if he handles them well, breaking him in against serious standup contenders where even if he gets steam rolled, excitement will be a sure thing.

I'd like to see Nelson jump right into the mix as a contender with Nog, Carwin and Lesnar all hurt. He should take on someone like Hardonk or Kongo next and if he gets by them, maybe Santos or Mir or Big Nog and then if he can get by them he'd have earned a title shot.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan Henderson is no longer with the UFC. I don't blame him. How does Vitor Belfort just get to jump in front of him and Nate Marquart?

Saturday, can't wait. Looking to see BJ Penn get tested more from Diego Sanchez than his previous 3 opponents. I can definately see Sanchez pulling off a win. I will be happy for either fighter that wins, I am a big fan of both. Seems like people don't like Sanchez but he is an exciting fighter always giving his best effort.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like Sanchez, and I'm sort of rooting for him to pull the upset. Not hard to cheer for a an all-action fighter with very good skills and a ton of determination. Sadly, I don't think it's enough to really get it done against Penn. At 155, he's proven he's on an entirely whole other level.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice just about every time Sanchez fights, after he wins and he speaks people boo him. I don't understand why. I like the old Sanchez, when he was fighting at 170lbs. He would take people to the ground and just destroy them. Now he likes to keep it standing. But either way, he is vicious and will be Penns toughest test at 155. With his pace, I think he has a very good chance of winning by decision.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has this weird subtle cockiness that comes off as being extremely smug after a win. Still, he's a good guy and brings nothing but action and violence into the octagon. When he takes his beating like a man against BJ, people will come around.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Florian is going to get the workout of his life tonight when he goes against Guida. Guida just does not stop. And I hope Kongo has either been spending numerous hours on his ground game or Mir decides he wants to see if he can outstrike Kongo. Cause if it does go to the ground, its over for Kongo. His only chance is if Mir wants to stand.

I didn't know Diego Sanchez was a former King of the Cage champion.

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Well. Mir did stand with Kongo and knocked his ass out. And Sanchez just looked like crap compared to Penn. Not how I expected those fights to go.
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Isn't today the last day that a negotiation can be made in order to make the March date for a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight? I hope all of this drug testing was just to help hype the fight up even more and they can come to some kind of agreement and have the fight. It would end up being the biggest boxing event ever, and the first PPV boxing event I will order in many years.
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Nope, Pacquiao's gonna face Joshua Clottey, who is actually a damn good fighter and lost to Cotto in a fight that really could have gone either way. Also gave Margarito one of the toughest fights of his career. It should be interesting, Clottey will by far be the largest opponent of his career, guy routinely walks into the ring weighing 170lbs. And if Pac wins, that'll mean he's beaten two more top-flight welterweights than Mayweather has actually fought.
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

I can't believe they couldn't come to an agreement. All because of drug testing. Maybe later in the year, I hope.
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Probably, there's way too much money to be made for the fight not to be made, and later in the year will give everyone involved the time to really promote the hell out of the fight.
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be a big fan of boxing, but now its plain to see its all about politics/money. At least Dana White doesn't bull shit anybody when he promotes fights. The reason Belfort jumped ahead of Hendo is due to Belfort having a huge following that wants to see "his comeback" so to speak, Hendo didn't like that and now he gets to fight in SF...good luck with that!

I mean hell, UFC is having an OPEN AIR event in Abu Dhabi! SF won't be able to compete with UFC for long, they have their cards spread out too much, while people say that the UFC has too many cards!? More fights the better!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

It's not always about politics and money, boxing. It seems like that with the biggest names, but you have to dig a little deeper within the sport in order to find what's truly enjoyable about boxing, which usually tends to be two honest guys in the ring battling it out. As of right now, the smaller weight classes are where it's at. About the only interesting division north of 147 is 168.

And the only reason Belfort is "jumping" ahead of Hendo is because Hendo already lost to Silva. Silva/Belfort is a fresh matchup. I think before long, Hendo will be back, especially if he cleans out the middleweights in Strikeforce. He's really just there to fight Moussassi, one of the top underrated fighters in the world.

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links