Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself? (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Combat sports....who likes 'em asides from myself?
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mousasi will school Hendo. Mousasi is at camp with GSP, some people are thinking that GSP might be leaning on Mousasi to head on over to the UFC...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moussasi/Silva would be greatness on so many levels. He's the one man in the world that has a chance of beating him at middleweight.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

A lot of people don't give GSP a chance against Silva at MW...but the guys that have fought Silva already don't have the speed that GSP has, I think that could be the determining factor...and lets face it, Silva is due for a loss. [Big Grin]
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that would be about all GSP has going for him against a larger, probably stronger fighter who has enough speed to keep up, and is the much better striker. I don't think GSP can take Silva down easily, and if he can't, he's not gonna be able to find the range to strike effectively with him. Not ruling him out, but GSP facing Silva at 185 is a bit like Penn facing GSP at 170. When the skill and talent is fairly even, the bigger guy will almost always win.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Well GSP is walking around at about 205 now, then he's gonna cut to make the Hardy fight. But rumor has it he wants to move up to MW, have a couple of fights to show everyone he's ready at MW level and THEN take on Silva. Silva doesn't want it, he says he does but I can just see the look on Silva's face when he sees GSP move up...

Go to www.mmalinker.com to get all the latest in the MMA world, you don't have to register, you can just lurk. I find its better that way, I see "noobs" go on there and post a legitimate thread or response to someone's post and get flamed. But aside from that its a great site...sure as hell beats Sherdog [Tongue]

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

I can't stand Sherdog's forums, nothing but flamers, noobs, and nerdragers all around. I used to post at a real good MMA forum, but they moved to a different thing and a lot of Sherdog's rejects started coming around over there.

Anyway, I love GSP, but I don't think he can beat Silva. As big a welterweight as GSP is, Silva is a comparably large middleweight and has only ever been taken down by guys his size and much stronger, like Henderson. And even then, it's difficult. I see the fight staying on the feet mostly, where Silva is longer, better, and hits harder than anyone GSP's ever faced in his life. And I think that's the major difference. I simply don't think GSP can take a true middleweight's punch, and Silva hits as hard as a heavyweight. It's gonna look like a more competitive version of Penn/Sherk.

bluetoelover
unregistered

It's not so much that Silva hits hard but accurate,precise shots. I as many other MMA fans(noobs alike [Tongue] ) think that this single fight would be the biggest in MMA history, unless BJ Penn hit a growth spurt and jumped up to fight him [Tongue]

These 3 guys have a stranglehold on each of their respective divisions, let's face it, in the UFC no one is really pushing for the title save for a lucky punch. Penn proved that by disposing of Sanchez with ease, GSP tore his adductor muscle in the 3RD FUCKIN' round and still dominated the fight for 2 more rounds over Alves( who was touted as the hardest striker to face GSP yet), Silva made a laughing stock out of Griffin who a lot of people thought he posed the greatest threat to Silva because of his heart...

BJ proved he can't hack it in the WW division as long as GSP is the title holder, GSP will more then likely move up provided he doesn't falter with Hardy, Silva wants to retire by 2 years time, so that gives him about 3 or 4 more fights tops... So Silva can either move up to HW( [Laugh] ) or just keep dominating the people that are dumped in front of him...he even said there is no one left worthy to fight him( exception of Cote that is).

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Yeah, Penn, GSP, and Silva cleaned out their divisions in a way I've never seen anyone do. Only Penn has some guys who can give him legit challenges, problem is, none of the are in the UFC (Aoki, Hansen). And other than Moussassi, there's really not another middleweight that can prove a real threat to Silva. Jake Shields is probably the best welterweight in the world to have not suffered an epic beatdown at the hands of GSP.
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GSP vs Silva would be the biggest fight right now and I seriously hope it happens. I think GSP would be the best opponent to have a chance at beating Silva, except for Marquardt. I think Marquardt deserves a second shot at Silva. Hopefully if Silva beats Belfort, then he'll get it. Belfort, Marquardt, then GSP is what I hope is in line for Silva.

Gomi is in the UFC now, so I look for him to give Penn trouble. Gomi has been one of my favorites for a long time and I was so excited to hear he's in the UFC.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Gomi's gonna get destroyed if he fights Penn. Penn already kicked his ass when Gomi was close to his own peak, he's declined a lot since then. He has a puncher's chance, and that's really about it.
bluetoelover
unregistered

Unless Gomi and his team has him change his gameplan drastically I don't forsee a win for him either...but...its MMA, anything can happen.
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats right, I forgot Gomi and Penn fought before. Oh well, its good to see him get back fighting again.

Maybe well see Ricardo Arona in the UFC soon. That would be awesome.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

I'm not even a big Penn fan, and I was actually cheering both Florian and Sanchez over him, but man, he's on that Fedor/GSP/Silva level of domination. The best lightweights who can challenge him, guys like Aoki, Hansen, or Alvarez, all fight in other orgs, but over his career, Penn has faced just about everyone and beaten everyone save GSP and Machida (!).

Penn vs. Genki Sudo would be one of my all-time dream match-ups.

bluetoelover
unregistered

At this point nobody can be put on the same level as Fedor. Call me a Fedor nuthugger if you will but facts are facts. People say cans have been put in front of him, but there has been so many fights where it looks like he is done for and BAM he finds a way to win.

The Rogers fight was on my bday and it was on tv for free, best fuckin bday present EVER! [Tongue]

FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

I have to agree. Fedor, to me should be considered the pound for pound greatest mma fighter, not Anderson Silva.

You guys watch UFC 109? Coleman just looked old and slow. Melvin Guillard looked good. At just 26 years old, he has more wins than the majority of fighters have fights. He's going to improve so much more now that he's training with Greg Jackson. Possible shot at Penn? Maybe, but he isn't good enough to stand 5 rounds with Penn. But I hope he continues on a winning streak. His knockout win with a punch to the stomach stays in my mind.

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links