Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Wu's Feet Link is dead! (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Wu's Feet Link is dead!
Feetosopher
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45909

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Feetosopher   Author's Homepage   Email Feetosopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drunk_24-7:
I don't know how in the fuck people use that twitter. It just looks like a bunch of retarded fucking gibberish to me. When I first heard the term hash tag I thought it was something cool like a dog tag style sort of locket to stash your hash in during the summer if you're going swimming or wearing shorts with no pockets. Then I found out it was some type of Twitter slang.

I liked myspace back in the day and I like forums. I made a facebook, actually my sister made it for me back in the day to get me with the times but I haven't logged into it in months because I find it way too annoying. Twitter is where I draw the line. I will never register a twitter account so help me God because it doesn't even make sense. On a hockey forum I go on, someone posted a link to a twitter conversation between a couple of players supposedly trash talking each other and I near had an aneurism trying to follow a simple discussion. Fucking stupid. That fetlife is pretty cool though, I must say I enjoy that site a fair bit as while the interaction here has slowed, I find it's fairly active over there. I dunno, I guess I'm just old school. This twitter stuff doesn't strike me as the least bit cutting edge or intuitive, but rather the further devolution of the English language and an absurd form of communication. Ignorance on my part in some ways I suppose but I think I'd rather be ignorant than down right fucking retarded.

Maybe our problem is that we both lack the synthetic capabilities to be "proficient Twitter users", dude.. but who gives a XXXX, I am with you 100%.. [Laugh] [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2359 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feetosopher
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45909

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Feetosopher   Author's Homepage   Email Feetosopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hyperion:
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
This conversation has derailed so bad.

This thread is like that one Twilight Zone episode where the power goes out and everyone in the neighborhood starts freaking out and someone gets killed and you find out at the end that it's the precursor to an alien invasion.

Cheers from Maple Street,

Top-class allegory! [Laugh] [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2359 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesurvivordragon
Elite Trooper
Member # 37330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesurvivordragon   Author's Homepage   Email solesurvivordragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet you anything that Wu has been "taken" by French traffickers and the only man that can bring him back is Bryan Mills. [Tongue]

But seriously, the topic is really going nowhere if we are turning this into a discussion about the pros and cons of social media. Then again, I'm too crazy about Twitter, myself.

[ April 26, 2014, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: solesurvivordragon ]

Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feetosopher
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45909

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Feetosopher   Author's Homepage   Email Feetosopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why is this thread arguing about whether people will pay for pay sites? Obviously people do whether or not Wu's is around. This conversation has derailed so bad.

As for social media not bringing in traffic, I got quite the bump when I made a Twitter account. Then someone told me to make an Instagram and I rolled my eyes. Not another social media account to keep up with. But I did and another bump. Then I decided to go ahead and move my columns off site and convert it into a blog. Another bump. If people read up on how to Tweet and blog for search engines, you'll do just fine - believe me.

If you're looking at social media as some guy just jacking off to free pics and not signing up, then what do you think your contributions, feature sets, and forum posts have encouraged over the years? That's a silly statement because all of it will be used and abused in the same manner. I pretty much post the same exact stuff here as I do there. Not like I'm giving away anything else.

My biggest love of the social media is the interaction with fans and members. It's easy and with Twitter, it's short and sweet!

Patrick

Well Patrick.. my modest opinion is that each webmaster/shooter has his/her own experience and possibilities concerning the use of social media as a promotional tool.. what works for you, may not work for others.
In my case, as my flagship site features explicit female nudity and overtly sexual conduct, I cannot use many social networks effectively.
For this reason, I find most social networks less effective than Wu's contribs page (and, to a smaller extent, also than the "adult content" section of this forum) as a promotional tool for MY PAYSITE.. not for ANY PAYSITE.

This said.. I have always believed in the "live and let live" philosophy.. there's room for everybody.. including "I-wanna-wank-for-free" web surfers! [Laugh]
I do not consider chatting with fans on Facebook or DeviantART a waste of time.. even if most of the guys & gals flooding my stuff with enthusiastic comments will not spend a dime to join my sites.. I mean, money is welcome, but money alone won't make me feel an appreciated footographer in my market niches..

A final remark.. this thread may well have "derailed".. but IMHO it has brought to light a TRAINLOAD of interesting facts and views about contemporary foot-focused adult entertainment.. to ME, this is extremely useful.. personal opinion, of course! [Smile]

All the best from Italy! [Cool]

--------------------
 -

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
[QUOTE]that Russian site vacuumed your whole site and has every photo set you've ever shot for free. [Thud]

Because I obviously have my whole site posted to twitter. My stuff was copied and reposted long before social media. It sucks but to say someone downloaded the whole site because of social media makes zero sense.

Patrick

P.S. And my BHE stats show I do well with both. Your point? You're different than me and that's okay. But to just disregard it is close minded.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]that Russian site vacuumed your whole site and has every photo set you've ever shot for free. [Thud]

Because I obviously have my whole site posted to twitter. My stuff was copied and reposted long before social media. It sucks but to say someone downloaded the whole site because of social media makes zero sense.

Patrick

P.S. And my BHE stats show I do well with both. Your point? You're different than me and that's okay. But to just disregard it is close minded.

Actually, I see most of your newer models posted and reposted for free all over. I personally don't see the need to offer everything for free....AND have a paysite. It's taking money out of your pocket..but if that is your business model, you'll certainly have the traffic. As for me, the only thing that pisses me off about photo sharing is the fact guys cut/crop and photoshop the watermarks off them then repost as if they shot the pic themselves. Why not take the original photo and post it? We both still get credit for sharing. God knows I love to share a whole lot more photos than just 3 each time I post, I am very giving in that respect..

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18306 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthBeTold
All Pro Poster
Member # 47114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthBeTold   Author's Homepage   Email TruthBeTold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I love to share a whole lot more photos than just 3 each time I post, I am very giving in that respect..

Really? It seems like in your megathread, you are posting one picture at a time just for the sake of bumping your signature spam with the hidden intention of increasing visitors to your website. Even worse is that I see how you've removed many of the watermarks or reversed the image backwards to obscure the credit from the original photographer(s), contrary to your own pet peeves.

quote:
The difference is contribs, feature sets, and forum posts at Wu's bring in 100 times more hits and business than the same amount of time invested in marketing through social (entitled) media.

That may be true for you, but as Patrick said, he has done just fine combining social media outlets into his photo sharing. Just because it doesn't work well for you doesn't mean it can't work well for others.

For instance, there are a number of feet producers out there who have embraced technology as it became available. Look at guys like CaliforniaBeachFeet for instance. The foot community has been getting great picture quality and hi-def videos for years because of his leading-edge mentality. And nowadays we are seeing more interactive communities as a result of social web technologies. It will be the adaptive pioneers who embrace these concepts who will also be the ones sharing material for the longer term. Do not discount what the future holds. And never forget to learn from the past NorCal. There is much there that can help you! [Thumbs Up]

quote:
I have seen more pirated and de-watermarked photos from SOS than any other site out there. That Russian site vacuumed your whole site and has every photo set you've ever shot for free. [Thud]

This has absolutely nothing to do with your point about social media causing the demise of the contemporary paysite model. Patrick has worked diligently to keep from hanging his hat on one marketing outlet. That is why he is well postured to last for the long run and it also appears to be part of why he has a great eye for feet photography -- it's called attention to detail! [Bow Down] [Bump]

--------------------
 -
 -  -  -

Posts: 834 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My intentions were never to start arguments about person 1's way versus person 2's way. Everyone has success doing what they do. To me, sharing what I already have here on Instagram and Twitter doesn't hurt me. Wu, by far gets more freebies to post via contributions than what I post on social media. Social media isn't a way to share free pictures, but be social. I've networked with many people I never saw here, although that has happened here as well. I've met a handful of models there and increased my awareness because of it. Integrating my blog into it has been nothing short of fun for me. And Instagram has allowed me to offer teasers from location as well as throw up numerous flashbacks - pretty much all of which were already a contribution here.

To me, Wu's is soooooooooooo much more than this forum and I hope it returns some day - just not in some corporate fashion.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Really? It seems like in your megathread, you are posting one picture at a time just for the sake of bumping your signature spam with the hidden intention of increasing visitors to your website. Even worse is that I see how you've removed many of the watermarks or reversed the image backwards to obscure the credit from the original photographer(s), contrary to your own pet peeves.
I made it pretty clear, as it's clear to the average person with deductive reasoning that the photos there aren't mine and I don't take credit for them. I bump my own thread because I like to contribute to the community and share rare finds most people haven't ever seen before. But now since you mentioned it twice that you like the thread so much, I will bump it even more. Funny how you seem to know all about the photos in the thread, if it was such an annoying thread why comb through it and find the useless imperfections? I post them as I have saved them on my hard drive...if it's reversed by mistake, I'm sure they can flip it if I didn't catch it and see who it's from. Not rocket science.

quote:
And never forget to learn from the past NorCal. There is much there that can help you! [Thumbs Up]
Touche' & Dittos lol [Thumbs Up]

quote:
This has absolutely nothing to do with your point about social media causing the demise of the contemporary paysite model. Patrick has worked diligently to keep from hanging his hat on one marketing outlet.
So you must agree with my view on Social Media being a killer to the Paysite model? You keep stating the obvious but I was merely reminding him (off topic) that his site is probably the most pirated behind BeachFeet. Does it matter to you that I bring that up? And why? FFS

FWIW--I have Twitter and Facebook pages for Norcalfeet, and I actually use them all the time because I do know that 1% may actually decide to buy the full set through my Images4sale store OR go to the website which is even more of a good bargain and spend $30 for 7 years of archives. Again, not rocket science and I will play to whatever customers I can get. I don't have to agree with their ideas about free pics, but I sure can reach into their pockets [Laugh]

[ April 26, 2014, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: NorcalfeetStudios ]

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18306 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craigy boy
The King Of Feet
Member # 3340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craigy boy   Email Craigy boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is (potentially) sad news indeed. Wu's was the 1st forum i found & have stayed with. Mousepad the other, though i
havent posted there in years. In fact, i cant recall the last time i was on there!
I loved coming here & seeing the latests contributions from the likes of Nikki, or Lexi & the likes of Californiabeachfeet
always amazed me with the quality & clarity of their photos. I didnt get a digital camera until the night before the Stones
Melbourne show in 2003. The 1st pic i took on my 1mp Casio was of my wife's tits. The 2nd pic, my wifes toes.
And i guess its true. These days, there is just so much other places for female feet. And truth be told, i only come here
once a week or so. Sometimes maybe every couple of weeks. There are just so many other options now. Tumblr, Flickr, Facebook,
Twitter (Though i dont do twitter). I remember meeting Mummy Dearest on good old Myspace. Along with Amber & Twisted Toes.
Times change, and i hope Wu is just taking a break. The forums here are what i still love. Though i really enjoy, and
appreciate the offerings of the "pros" like Patrick, Norcal & toes in action etc, i still get a kick out of the (usually)
crappy offerings from us mere mortals. I still really dig the average every day chick sticking her foot up for some "weirdo" like
us to snap a photo. I still support new dudes who post "Do you like my g/f's/wifes/co-workers feet?". I dont post so
much as the old wifey is kinda over it. Plus we got a few nasty comments over the times that made me thought "Bugger this"
and i post on other sites who really gave positive responses. The girls have come and gone. I thought Lexi & Nikki
would never stop. I thought Mommy Dearest was going to be in action for ever. And here was the place where the models
would interact with us. Tina, Malory, Mommy - all wonderfully nice ladies who replied to your posts. Tina in particular
was really friendly. Babie Gurl was another who was friendly gal. This was a good place for the celeb feet too. Lord Lucan
got the best stuff & mostly in super sized hi def pix. Anyway, what ever happens happens. Been nice sharing & watching stuff from you guys.

--------------------
Aussies rule!
 -

Posts: 6114 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
underthetoes
Elite Trooper
Member # 6176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for underthetoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Craigy boy, i always liked your wife's feet :-)
Posts: 303 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Crac
Board Regular
Member # 12865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Crac   Email Mr Crac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ftcaper:
What happened to Wu?

It seems that nobody really knows.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5thgear
All Pro Poster
Member # 46148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5thgear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that he gave up on it. I remember updates in the contribution section were every other day and then they started falling off. I've been coming here since 98. Fuck I'm getting old. Lol.
Posts: 735 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent read every page of this thread, but does anyone else find it ironic how a post about the website being dead is one of the most popular threads the forums had in years?

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
I havent read every page of this thread, but does anyone else find it ironic how a post about the website being dead is one of the most popular threads the forums had in years?

I was thinking the same thing!

But if Wu has left the site...we may loose it when the domain expires or if there was a hosting fee that doesn't get renewed:(

It might all just disappear one day

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links