Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Wu's Feet Link is dead! (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Wu's Feet Link is dead!
Fair Adam
Member # 13350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fair Adam   Author's Homepage   Email Fair Adam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
quote:
This the nature of the universe, that nothing ever stays the same, so we have to adapt or perish...
Definitely not the Universe that demands change. It's some indecisive fucks online (in this case) who think they can be rock stars too and on a whim decide to sway social media. Add in a few content pirates who blot out Watermarks and steal full sets of photos off pay sites and claim them as their own and you have that entitled social generation who deserves none of it. [Roll Eyes]
Who said anything about the universe DEMANDING anything? My statement was metaphorical, and worth reading carefully, certainly NOT misquoted or misinterpreted...

--------------------
I have spoken.

Fair Adam
 -

----------------------------

Instagram: @archyfair

Posts: 4873 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fair Adam:
quote:
quote:
This the nature of the universe, that nothing ever stays the same, so we have to adapt or perish...
Definitely not the Universe that demands change. It's some indecisive fucks online (in this case) who think they can be rock stars too and on a whim decide to sway social media. Add in a few content pirates who blot out Watermarks and steal full sets of photos off pay sites and claim them as their own and you have that entitled social generation who deserves none of it. [Roll Eyes]
Who said anything about the universe DEMANDING anything? My statement was metaphorical, and worth reading carefully, certainly NOT misquoted or misinterpreted...
You said, the Nature of the Universe is that nothing ever stays the same, hence..it "demands" change by it's own nature which in concept doesn't have to be true if you don't want it to be. Especially when we're dealing with petty social trends that we have the power to squash. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18305 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeuceBigglo
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeuceBigglo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this is not dead. I have been visiting this site for years. What other sites are like this one?
Can any of the other moderators take over the running of this site. Mr Wu Please bring this back to life. ( maybe he forgot the passwords)

Posts: 2497 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shoe Store Kid
All Pro Poster
Member # 2859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoe Store Kid   Email Shoe Store Kid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not trying to start any odd conspiracy theories, but I noticed that the contributions link was a bit different "<Contribution section updated today!" Is it a typo? Or is Wu telling us something? I hate to be pessimistic but I think Wu has hung up his spurs for whatever reason.
Posts: 760 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shoe Store Kid
All Pro Poster
Member # 2859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoe Store Kid   Email Shoe Store Kid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question is...if Wu was calling it quits why he wouldn't pass the torch?
Posts: 760 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Crac
Board Regular
Member # 12865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Crac   Email Mr Crac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Especially when we're dealing with petty social trends that we have the power to squash.

I'm not sure what makes you think that a few people could stop something which thousands of people are already using. Things like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and whatchamacallit are not going away. They are here to stay, in one form or another.

Something that stops to evolve, to live and to grow will sooner or later die. That is just the nature of things. Websites/forums on the Internet are no exception. There are thousands of websites on the Internet which are not updated anymore. They are not dead in the sense of "not available anymore", but they are very much dead in the sense of "they do not live any longer."

Fun fact: The forum software that is used here is UBB.classic 6.7.0, which is ten and a half years old. That is a freaking eternity on the Internet.

quote:
Originally posted by The Shoe Store Kid:
Question is...if Wu was calling it quits why he wouldn't pass the torch?

It happens pretty often that the end of a website or forum is never officially announced. I have been on the Internet since the autumn of 1994 and I have certainly witnessed this many times. (even especially with foot fetish websites, think about e.g. footgurl.com)

I do hope that wusfeetlinks.com will live long and prosper, but right now things don't look very good. Simply because there is apparently nobody who is both willing and capable of putting the required amount of work into it for that to happen.

[ April 22, 2014, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Mr Crac ]

Posts: 20 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footboy1
The Legend
Member # 4549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footboy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GQguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
quote:
Originally posted by GQguy:
Maybe it's just me...but have you guys noticed the lack of new members. Like no 2014 sign ups, and a few 2013. Perhaps social media is our future. That 18 year old I mentioned isn't here. And maybe that's cool. No "how do I get feet threads". But maybe we would have a stronger and more cohesive following if we were on Instagram/twitter? Perhaps the forum format is antiquated?

I don't think any new members can sign up. I think that's all fallen by the way side too. Guess Wu approved everyone? Got me. He had a mysterious side to him.

Patrick

Wow! Our newest member was approved the January 1st! That's no bueno. No wonder it's been feeling slow....there's no new life blood.
Yikes! [Cry] To the life boats, women and children first.

Seriously though, I hope I don't have to resort to the Mousepad. I don't care for that place much, and also my browser has been hijacked by those bogus "antivirus scan" pages a few times while navigating thru the Pad over the years.

-footboy1

--------------------
Foot fetish is a thirst that can never be quenched.

Posts: 3101 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eff   Email eff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious to know why people would shoot down 'Shadowofachievments' posts so quickly when he says that this place is dead.

Doesnt anyone think its kind of strange that someone, who's been a member since 2012, has only had TWO posts?? Both stating that this place is dead??

I can understand not wanting what he's saying to be true but just think for a minute...

Posts: 949 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derekdj25
Loyal Member
Member # 28718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derekdj25   Email derekdj25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now what??? If this place dies, where do we go for new stuff? This sucks!!!!!
Posts: 57 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
topcat1238
Loyal Member
Member # 4044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for topcat1238   Email topcat1238   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only hope this place continues. It's been my salvation and as regular as my morning cup of coffee.
Posts: 65 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was just private chatting with Dee from Arch Attitude on Instagram. While there I looked at who she was following only to see "Twisted Toes" and "Mommie" from years past. When I got back here I realized that of the 3 women I recognize in the Wu's banner...I've followed them on Instagram at one point and NONE of them post here anymore.

This could be an opportunity to revamp things for 2014. I'd venture to say there are FAR more foot fetishist on social media than here now, when this used to be the epicenter of foot fetishism. Even fetlife has a more active discussion group than here. Hmmm....what can we do? What is our next step? We've come a LONG way as a community in the past 20 years. Our photographers have shown bravery in the name of art. We've shown support for guys going through hard times. We've helped other explore their wildest foot fantasies. And most importantly Wu has brought us together.

How do we get that 18 kid to join us. Surely a community is an asset to have?

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
'm not sure what makes you think that a few people could stop something which thousands of people are already using. Things like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and whatchamacallit are not going away. They are here to stay, in one form or another.

Something that stops to evolve, to live and to grow will sooner or later die. That is just the nature of things. Websites/forums on the Internet are no exception. There are thousands of websites on the Internet which are not updated anymore. They are not dead in the sense of "not available anymore", but they are very much dead in the sense of "they do not live any longer."

Fun fact: The forum software that is used here is UBB.classic 6.7.0, which is ten and a half years old. That is a freaking eternity on the Internet.

Social media can always do as it pleases, but "active" paysites that offer quality unsurpassed photo & video material unlike "Joe and his g/f" for example will always be wanted and kept alive as long as the owner keeps providing updated material. Supply and Demand. Like fast food, Some people like McDonald's and some like Carl's Jr...they sell virtually the same or similar products just a personal preference to those who pick one over the other, doesn't mean one will die out.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18305 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foot-devil
Loyal Member
Member # 3807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foot-devil   Email foot-devil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am lost without my weekly updated contributions. Wu hurry and come back. Any of the moderators able to do anything?
Posts: 95 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Crac
Board Regular
Member # 12865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Crac   Email Mr Crac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Social media can always do as it pleases, but "active" paysites that offer quality unsurpassed photo & video material unlike "Joe and his g/f" for example will always be wanted and kept alive as long as the owner keeps providing updated material. Supply and Demand. Like fast food, Some people like McDonald's and some like Carl's Jr...they sell virtually the same or similar products just a personal preference to those who pick one over the other, doesn't mean one will die out.

I was not actually comparing social media to paysites. Rather, I was comparing the prospering social media websites to this forum, which is in the process of dying. No new members in months and no software updates in years speaks volumes about this.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimmy-G
Board Regular
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimmy-G   Email Jimmy-G   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually don't comment on forums, I just read the posts, but let me jump in here with my 2-cents worth.

I've been a webmaster since 1998 and have built over 200 websites. As far as readability, user experience and such... I don't see social media sites as having any advantage over the old forum model. If anything, I think it's a step backward. This is, in my opinion, a perfect example of the herd instinct. People following people without really knowing why. I market on Facebook, not because I love it, but because that's where clients are.

When you look at a forum like this one, what do you see? Nothing's broken. It's easy to use. Easy to upload pictures, easy to navigate. I don't see any issues that would cause someone to say, "It's too hard to use this system, let's try someone easier like Facebook."

Instead, you see people moving to the social media sites because "that's where the action is."

That being said, it is what it is. Forums don't have the traffic they used to, no matter what the topic or niche.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links