Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Your Top 5 Videogames ever... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Your Top 5 Videogames ever...
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Calli, those were coin-ops alright. Mystik never specified that they had to be home console games so I figured I'd get away with it. hehe Besides, it'd be damn near impossible for me to come up with a list of my Top 5 home console games of all-time because each platform's graphics & memory capabilities were so different from one another. It just wouldn't seem right to have Adventure for the Atari 2600 compete against Mario Kart 64 for the N64. I love 'em both dearly, but they're not even playing in the same ballpark. I suppose I could come up with Top 5 lists for each system that came out over the last 30 years, but I'm not sure y'all would like to sit and read through those. hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wu II - Phil
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wu II - Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
Yeah Calli, those were coin-ops alright. Mystik never specified that they had to be home console games so I figured I'd get away with it. hehe Besides, it'd be damn near impossible for me to come up with a list of my Top 5 home console games of all-time because each platform's graphics & memory capabilities were so different from one another. It just wouldn't seem right to have Adventure for the Atari 2600 compete against Mario Kart 64 for the N64. I love 'em both dearly, but they're not even playing in the same ballpark. I suppose I could come up with Top 5 lists for each system that came out over the last 30 years, but I'm not sure y'all would like to sit and read through those. hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

I thought you were going bring up Qbert or Frogger next. [Big Grin]

I got my first console (NES) when I was about 11. Some of my favorites were:

Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Tecmo Bowl
Super Mario Brothers (1,2,3)
Contra
Double Dragon II
Castlevania

--------------------
www.wusfeetlinks.com

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wu:
I thought you were going bring up Qbert or Frogger next.

I was!! But then I remembered that mystik only wanted the top 5, so I had to ease back on those. hehe

quote:
Originally posted by Wu:
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Tecmo Bowl
Super Mario Brothers (1,2,3)
Contra
Double Dragon II
Castlevania

Oh yeah, you're definitely touching on some of that system's classics there, Wu. The NES also had some fantastic translations of arcade titles which were superior in gameplay & graphics to any of their other home console incarnations that came before it, with ColecoVision trailing closely behind. The following leap to mind: Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Burgertime, Elevator Action, Commando, Arkanoid, Gradius, Popeye, and really so many others. I definitely give a whole lotta credit to the NES for pushing the limits of what could be accomplished with 8-bit graphics.

[Hop]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Callista
Featured Foot Model
Member # 2335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Callista   Author's Homepage   Email Callista   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got an old Commodore 64, does that ring a bell with anyone? 64 Frickin' K of onboard ram baby!!!! Yeah!!!

Daymn but they made watches big back then. ~lol

--------------------
 -

-

Check out my Site Updates

Posts: 800 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Callista:
I've got an old Commodore 64, does that ring a bell with anyone?

You bet your sweet butt it does, Calli! The C64 is definitely one of the systems that I'm the most sentimental about. I still play those games regularly, and that's a lotta games! While it wasn't my first system, it was definitely the system that I credit with expanding my creative horizons and blowing the doors of possibility open moreso than any other. It was the first system that truly engaged my mind in addition to my eyes & reflexes, and simply put, it was the first system that enchanted me. All sorts of wonderful memories, feelings and moments are stored in that 64 frickin' K of onboard ram. Here's to Jack Tramiel and all the folks who made the Commodore a reality!

[Cheers]

Calico Jack

Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You bet, Callista. My brother still has our C64, along with all the games on those big-ass floppies. The only problem is that all of the joysticks for that computer are broken in one way or another. There were some fun games on there, though.
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My father found an Atari Jaguar with the Jaguar CD attachment, one game and two controllers at a flea market for $30. I told him to pick it up. Have you seen how much that set up goes for on eBay?

- Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
My father found an Atari Jaguar with the Jaguar CD attachment, one game and two controllers at a flea market for $30. I told him to pick it up. Have you seen how much that set up goes for on eBay?

Sweet! Just earlier today I was playing Ultra Vortek on the Jaguar, which was basically Beyond Games' attempt at Mortal Kombat. It's cute stuff. hehe The Jaguar will of course always be remembered as one of the most controversial and ill-fated game consoles ever made, and Atari's final foray into the world of home video gaming.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

P.S. - The Ultra Vortek cartidge is currently on eBay listed at $0.99 LOL...

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The scenery didn't change from one round to the next nearly as impressively as '99 with regard to time of day, weather conditions, etc.

Oh, just admit it...you're simply fascinated with the downpour stage in '99. That one single stage has skewed your judgement! [Laugh] [Thumbs Up]

Thanks for the kind words about my "mini review". I've actually written a few video game reviews and worked on video game web sites before. If I can get with my Bro that's got the original pages of some of that material and have them put back up, I'll be glad to provide you with some links. I've wrote reviews on Magical Drop II, Air Zonk, King of the Monsters, Fatal Fury 3, and even managed to interview (now retired) foot model Nina Collins about video games.

It was a mixed bag doing all of that stuff. Here I wrote these reviews, did artwork, and sank a lot of time and energy into my Brother's site (called Fan Scene), and which he did too, and the one thing that drew the most attention out of it all, or so it seemed, was the Nina interview! Go figure...post some yummy pics of a gorgeous babe, and all of a sudden everybody was like "what video games?!" [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
Oh, just admit it...you're simply fascinated with the downpour stage in '99. That one single stage has skewed your judgement!

LOL, you're damn right it has! I'd never seen anything quite like it. To be technical about it, it was actually the scene that immediately precedes the full downpour. You know the one I mean - where they skies are overcast, the winds have begun to pick up and you can see the visible traces of precipitation in the air. I remember having to stop playing when I saw that screen for the first time and thinking to myself, "Damn, that's almost too beautiful to be in a video game." I still think it is.

[Smile]

Calico Jack

P.S. - mmmm, Nina Collins... [Drool]

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I remember having to stop playing when I saw that screen for the first time and thinking to myself, "Damn, that's almost too beautiful to be in a video game."
I understand completely. The Neo Geo provided a whole lot of moments like that for me. I can remember pausing certain games just to sit and gawk at all the details in certain scenes...I've even got out a clipboard and quickly sketched some of those kinds of scenes, and would later try to emulate them in my art. Especially cool, when you think about it, is the fact that the Neo Geo didn't have all the graphic bells and whistles some systems had...no transparency, no light-sourcing, no anti-aliasing, and yet the programmers made that system pull off things it supposedly wasn't capable of doing...

It's a real shame that the system died with a whimper, and didn't go out with a bang like it should've done...but still, they've got a 10 year+ legacy of games that'll live on forever in the hearts and minds of gamers everywhere...it was a unique kind of gaming experience...and one I don't think the world will ever see again.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mistress Pedrianna
Loyal Member
Member # 3668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistress Pedrianna   Author's Homepage   Email Mistress Pedrianna       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, some gamers here eh? My top 5 are:

World Heroes Perfect(sega saturn)
F-Zero GX(gamecube)
Magical Drop 3(sega saturn & Super Puzzle Fighter
Tech Romancer(dreamcast)
ALL King Of Fighters series. '94, '95, '98, '00, and KOF Maximum Impact are my best ones.

Now, if were talking overall best games we like to play then:

All that I mentioned above
SNK vs. CAPCOM: Chaos
Fighters' History Dynamite
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Naruto: GNT3
Project Justice
MARVEL vs. CAPCOM 2
CAPCOM vs. SNK 2
Rage Of The Dragons
Asuka 120% Burning Fest Limited

Those are just some of the games that I love to play competively.

--------------------
I'm back!

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

You've got good taste in fighter games, Mistress Pedrianna! I love just about all the ones you mentioned. I'd been waiting a while to see the SNK characters face off against the Capcom posse, so SNK vs. CAPCOM: Chaos is definitely one of my favorites from your list. Besides, how could I not love a game whose opening scene is in the "Nude Place"? hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
You've got good taste in fighter games, Mistress Pedrianna! I love just about all the ones you mentioned. I'd been waiting a while to see the SNK characters face off against the Capcom posse, so SNK vs. CAPCOM: Chaos is definitely one of my favorites from your list. Besides, how could I not love a game whose opening scene is in the "Nude Place"? hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

I'm still waiting to get to play this one. It sure looks awesome...

So is Red Armourer as cool of a character as he looks? He's always been an intriguing character to me, I sure hope his fighting debut does him justice. [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
I'm still waiting to get to play this one. It sure looks awesome...

SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos? I'm sure I included that one in your NeoGeo package, Lou. Lemme know when you get that bad boy up and running! And who is Red Armourer? That name is totally not ringing a bell with me. Incidentally the only thing I didn't like about Chaos was that there weren't enough characters to choose from to suit my tastes. I guess games like KoF 2001 spoiled me by offering a ton of characters to choose from.

[Hop]

Calico Jack

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links