Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Your Top 5 Videogames ever... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Your Top 5 Videogames ever...
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are the games that have been on heavy rotation on my XBOX

1. Project Gotham Racing 2
2. Star Wars Battlefront
3. Simpson's Hit And Run
4. Star Wars Clone Wars
5. ESPN NBA 2K5

Greatest of all time:

1. Tempest
2. Galaga
3. Ms. Pac Man
4. Joust
5. Centipede

Greatest systems of all time:

1. XBOX
2. Atari 5200
3. Atari 2600
4. N64
5. Sony Playstation

[ February 11, 2005, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: hott3028 ]

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Greatest of all time:

1. Tempest
2. Galaga
3. Ms. Pac Man
4. Joust
5. Centipede

I just thought I'd applaud that list, hott3028. Those are all definitely games that I'd consider to be right up there among the very best ever made.

quote:
2. Atari 5200
Wow, you surprised me with that one. I haven't really heard anybody ever discuss the 5200 as anything other than a marketing failure. I've got a sentimental place in my heart for it myself, so I was happy to see you give it some credit. When it boils right down to it, the whole horrific reputation that the 5200 came to acquire had everything to do with a very foolish executive decision to release the system to the public prematurely despite the fact that the controllers for it didn't work very well at all. Enough people hated the controllers that they returned the system and Atari lost plenty on it. Graphically though, the 5200 was definitely a major step forward for Atari's foray into 8-bit gaming and some of those games were actually a lot of fun to play! Pac-Man actually looked like Pac-Man, as opposed to what it looked like on the 2600. I love both of those systems very much and still play them regularly. Very cool to see them both make your list.

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

P.S. - What was your favorite game on the 5200? I'm in the mood to play something now. hehe

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow CJ, You never meet alot of 5200 fans! When it came to graphics, it blew away Coleco and Intelevision. I agree about them releasing it too early (perhaps at the height of 2600's popularity).

I actually ended up selling the 5200 because they just didn't have enough games, plus like you said Atari's controlers sucked. I purchased an Atari 800XL computer after that, bad move, should've gotten the Commodore 64.

Like you said the arcade games replicated the arcades pretty well and i probably had every one of them. But the best game I ever played on the Atari 5200 was Miner 2049'er, a space age mining game with a Mario Bros./Donkey Kong twist. Many levels to it for it's day.

http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&SQL=GIH||||15772

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hott3028:
When it came to graphics, it blew away Coleco and Intelevision.

I half agree with that comment. I think the 5200 was definitely light years ahead of Intellivision with regard to graphics, but IMHO Colecovision buried all of its competition at the time. No other home console was able to mimic the arcade experience at home as successfully as the Colecovision did in 1983. It was virtually unstoppable until something came along two years later called Nintendo Entertainment System. You know how the rest of the story goes. hehe

quote:
But the best game I ever played on the Atari 5200 was Miner 2049'er, a space age mining game with a Mario Bros./Donkey Kong twist. Many levels to it for it's day.

Oh yeah, I'm very familiar with that one. I remember being in North Carolina the first time I ever played that game back in the early 1980s and it was in fact on a 5200. I'm gonna fire that one up tonight just for you!

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caligula
Major Player
Member # 3468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caligula   Email caligula   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI,
*NFL 2K3(ps2)
* tetris (ps1)
* legend of zelda
*resident evil
*donkey kong

--------------------
my name is caius caesar germanicus but you can simply call me CALIGULA

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell yeah hott, Tempest is an all-time fave of mine as well. I got Tempest 2000 on my Saturn, and love it to no end. The bonus rounds they put in it don't make a lot of sense, but otherwise it's a great duplication of a true classic...even has classic Tempest as an option on there, which comes in real handy for nostalgia's sake. [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
I got Tempest 2000 on my Saturn, and love it to no end.

I don't have the Saturn, but I've got Tempest 2000 on the Jaguar and it's way cool! I'm a big fan of the original with all its vector goodness, but it was real nice to see a remake which made the original proud.

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
I got Tempest 2000 on my Saturn, and love it to no end.

I don't have the Saturn, but I've got Tempest 2000 on the Jaguar and it's way cool! I'm a big fan of the original with all its vector goodness, but it was real nice to see a remake which made the original proud.

[Thumbs Up]

Calico Jack

Did the Jaguar version have bonus rounds where you guided a cross-hair through rings? The music during the bonus rounds was really cool, very ambient and gave you a feeling of being lost deep in space, floating through nebula's, but like I say it didn't have squat to do with the game.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Hmm, I'm not sure about the bonus rounds, haven't noticed any of those despite advancing thru a load of different screens. I'm not sure if the Saturn version has the same options (I'd suspect it does), but the Jaguar version offers you the option to play either Tempest Traditional, Tempest Plus, Tempest 2000, or Tempest Duel. I'm assuming that the bonus rounds you're talking about take place in "2000" mode, but so far I haven't noticed them.

[Hop]

Calico Jack

hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

I had Tempest 2000 for the PS1 and it was one of my favorites, one of the best new interpretations on a classic. And Lou, you are right, the music was awesome! Another good update that is long overdue would be Zaxxon. I dont think that game has been updated, but it's long overdue. (Unless you count the Sega Master System's "Zaxxon 3D" that you had to have 3D Sega Scope to play)
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

I fired up Zaxxon 3D last night and gave it a whirl, hott. Cool game! It immediately struck me as a cross between the original Zaxxon and Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom for the Colecovision, which of course was another game made by Sega. Zaxxon 3D combined elements of both of those games and I thought it was a decent little gaming experience for an 8-bit console like the Master System.

[Smile]

Calico Jack

hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

But still no newer Zaxxon title. Speaking of Coleco, I loved thae controller it had for the baseball game and a few others.
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
I had Tempest 2000 for the PS1 and it was one of my favorites, one of the best new interpretations on a classic. And Lou, you are right, the music was awesome! Another good update that is long overdue would be Zaxxon. I dont think that game has been updated, but it's long overdue. (Unless you count the Sega Master System's "Zaxxon 3D" that you had to have 3D Sega Scope to play)

Yeah, the in-game music aside from the bonus rounds was great too. I've put that Saturn CD in other CD players just to listen to the music at times. Good stuff! [Thumbs Up]

Zaxxon would make for an interesting new kind of upgrade game. You ever get to play Super Zaxxon? I never did, but I remember thinking it was so cool that you fought a dragon as a boss on it when I saw it on that old game show Starcade. [Big Grin]

Speaking of new games to old titles, and Sega here, has anybody heard whether or not Harrier World is going to get finished, or is it going to get talked about forever? Or is it finished and I missed the boat? Space Harrier is an all-time classic game, and I'm curious to see what they could do with that premise...

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

STARCADE! I used to love that show, they should show the reruns of that on G4techTV.
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

They should, but they won't...G4 blows in my personal opinion...no offense if you like the channel. [Cool]

Oh yeah, Starcade was the show! Jeff Tell told more lame jokes than should be allowed in one person's lifetime, but that show was so much fun to watch. You remember when they started dedicating an entire show to one game at a time? For instance, they had a show where all the contestants played was Dragon's Lair, and another show where all they played was Track and Field, and another one where all they played was Cliff Hanger. I really strutted my nerdiness come question time, I always got them right! I used to cuss the contestants for occasionally missing them... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links