Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Your Top 5 Videogames ever... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Your Top 5 Videogames ever...
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And who is Red Armourer?
Okay, I need to correct myself...Red Armourer is just one of the names of the red gargoyle demon that's appeared in all the Ghouls and Ghosts games from Capcom...he goes by the name Fire Brand in Demon's Crest and SNK vs Capcom: Chaos, so sorry for the confusion. Anyway, do you know how he plays? He get some justice in his fighting game debut?

Yes, Bro, you included that game, and I sincerely thank you for it, but I can't get a Neo emulator to run on this computer...not yet anyway, and I've tried two different ones. [Cry] I'll keep trying though. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went old school fighter this weekend. Kinda took some money since Soles of Silk is doing okay and bought: SNK vs. Campcom Chaos, KOF Maximum Impact and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. Haven't put a single one in yet to play though.

- Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I just went old school fighter this weekend. Kinda took some money since Soles of Silk is doing okay and bought: SNK vs. Campcom Chaos, KOF Maximum Impact and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. Haven't put a single one in yet to play though.

- Patrick

Reading this post made me think of what I've been up to here lately...I'm digging out all my Hong Kong comics of KOF and SNK vs Capcom. Can't read the damn things, but the art is really fantastic...courtesy of Andy Seto. [Cool]

It's kinda' sad how all these great 2D fighters have taken a back seat lately to other genres... [Cry]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
It's kinda' sad how all these great 2D fighters have taken a back seat lately to other genres... [Cry]

I couldn't agree more. That's why I keep the torch burning for those old games by running them constantly over here. I'm not anti-technology by any stretch, and I'd be the first to admit that many of the modern games look very cool. (Okay, maybe not the first. hehe) But given the choice I'd always take those older games over them. Not only did I find the gameplay better, but there was something about the 2D sprites that I find cozy, personal, and charming in a way that the newer generation of 3D polygon-based stuff simply cannot accomplish. Who knows, maybe 20 years from now I'll be singing the praises of the 3D stuff. But for now, Ryu shall continue to shout "Hadoken!" and whip Guile's ass as I play Street Fighter II into the night.

[Cheers]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not only did I find the gameplay better, but there was something about the 2D sprites that I find cozy, personal, and charming in a way that the newer generation of 3D polygon-based stuff simply cannot accomplish.
Very well said my Bro. I too am not "against technology", but there's a certain charm and appeal in the classic 2D stuff that these new games just can't capture.

I'll tell you a great way to see it too...just play a game of King of Fighters (your choice of which year), then play a game of Tekken (which ever number you prefer). Sure, Tekken has all the camera swoops and angles and all that, but look at the characters. The KOF ones are literally OOZING personality...the Tekken ones strike me as robots, as cool as some of them look, their moves look too mechanical. KOF characters even change facial expressions for crying outloud!

And like you point out, the gameplay seemed so much better in the 2D games. That's not to say that there aren't any fun 3D games with that solid 2D feel (Wario World instantly comes to mind), but when I sit down to play a game, I want a challenge...I want to get my reflexes tested...I want to be forced to think and stay two moves ahead...and it seems like games of this calibur are becoming more and more rare...

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Mistress Pedrianna
Loyal Member
Member # 3668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistress Pedrianna   Author's Homepage   Email Mistress Pedrianna       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are any of you going to Midwest Challenge this year in Northbrook, IL at Nickel City Arcade? It'll be from June 24-26. I'll be flying in from San Diego, CA to attend. This'll be my first time attending this. I look forward to playing and meeting some of you in person. A dominatrix has to have her fun too you know. LOL

--------------------
I'm back!

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Mistress Pedrianna:
Are any of you going to Midwest Challenge this year in Northbrook, IL at Nickel City Arcade? It'll be from June 24-26. I'll be flying in from San Diego, CA to attend. This'll be my first time attending this. I look forward to playing and meeting some of you in person. A dominatrix has to have her fun too you know. LOL

That sounds like fun, but I seriously doubt if I could make it... [Cry]

What kinda' games are they going to have up for competitions?

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

jdubs
Board Regular
Member # 4756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdubs   Email jdubs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My top 5:

5-MK 2>now available on Midway's Arcade Treasures Vol 2!!
4-OG Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Arcade)
3-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty>havent played MGS 3 yet
2-Madden>Still fun after all these years
1-NCAA Football 2005> Reppin Florida State!!!

quote:
...Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. Haven't put a single one in yet to play though.

That game is def copped for my Xbox on Feb 22nd!!

To all SF II heads out there, whos ur fav character....Mines Ryu!! [Cool]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do arcade games count?

If not, my video game picks would be:

Counterstrike
Starcraft
Bop 'n Rumble
Redneck Rampage

As far as arcade games, in case anybody's interested:

Heavy Barrel
Golden Axe
X-Men
Pit Fighter
Bad Dudes

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn Tweener, how are you able to tolerate Pit Fighter for any extended stretch of time? hehe For those who aren't familiar with it, Pit Fighter was basically one of the significant predecessors to Mortal Kombat, albeit nowhere near as responsive. It was Atari's 1990 attempt to make a fighting game which was the first arcade game to use digitized photographs of actual actors taken using a green screen technique instead of hand-drawn graphics. The game bombed pretty badly though and many of the cabinets were revamped into into Street Fighter 2 - The World Warriors machines by arcade owners with conversion kits. I suppose from a historical point of view I can totally see the charm in Pit Fighter.

[Smile]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Pit Fighter even though there were some flaws with it... especially when it was "the new thing". It was definitely useful in spawning games like Mortal Kombat and Time Killers. As the ancient Greek philosopher, Testicles (pronounced "Test-uh-kleez") once said, "Man must first have Pong and Pac-Man before he can have Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Halo 2".
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by Tweener:
"Man must first have Pong and Pac-Man before he can have Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Halo 2".

A wise man indeed! You'll notice that both Pong & Pac-Man were on my personal Top 5 favorites list! Grand Theft Auto you can keep. hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

P.S. - Testicles? LOL!

SoleLove2
Major Player
Member # 3004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoleLove2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say (In no order)

1. Earthbound (SNES)
2. Metal Gear Solid (PS)
3. Starcraft (PC)
4. Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, or San Andreas (PS2)

5. Ages Of Despair (not a "video game"...it's a text-based game thats online. www.agesofdespair.net)

--------------------
You know so much about nothing at all.
-=+SoleLove+=-

Posts: 204 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen those $60 arcade sized controllers for Street Fighter 2's 15th Anniversary? I saw them in EB Games today. Cool, but not sure it would be worth getting for any other reason than to say, look how cool they look.

- Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

It'd be wasted on me anyway, Patrick. I've been playing Street Fighter II and all of those types of fighter games with a keyboard for so many years now that I'd completely suck if I were using anything else. I've conditioned my fingers to be able to respond to all the special combo moves and such things using the key layout of a standard 101-key computer keyboard, so any other type of controller would leave me in the dust. That became all too clear to me one day a couple of years ago when I popped into the arcade on 42nd Street and tried my hand at Mortal Kombat. It wasn't pretty.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links