Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Seattle Grunge - Who's your favorite? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Seattle Grunge - Who's your favorite?
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ledaemon:
Face Pedastel, get a little puppy and name it "Life." Then you will have a life! I say this because I'm really a 300 pound black man with a score to settle with whitey! My avatar is really just of some white wimp boy whose picture I snapped before I capped his scrawny ass...dawg! [Laugh]

Get a life, huh? Would you tell a black civil rights activist like Martin Luther King to get a life when someone puts down blacks? No? Then why tell a white guy like me to get a life for pointing out racially charged remarks?

You’re also dodging the argument. I say that race is ONLY relevant if you like bashing white people. You still haven’t responded this. And the fact that you are yourself white doesn’t excuse this, but actually makes it worse.

The fact that you keep on bringing up white this, white that, white wimps, and white wimp boy seems to reveal a lemming-like mentality you have regarding race. It seems evident that you’ve been brainwashed into thinking that it is cool for white people to put down other white people…. for being WHITE . I NEVER hear Asians say things like, “I don’t like Hong Kong action movies because it only feature scrawny little Asian guys.” Likewise, I NEVER hear black people say “I hate rap because it’s just a bunch of dumb black people”.

I’ve always noticed that when people don't have the facts on their side they resort to personal attacks. After all, it’s much easier to dodge the point than respond to it. This is a perfect example. Rather than responding to my points, you resort to telling me to "get a life". Quite pathetic really, but sadly not surprising. Perhaps you should open your eyes and think for yourself rather than criticizing those who already do so.

--------------------
WhiteMalesAnonymous.com - A survival guide for white males living in the U.S.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, you need to give it a rest before you blow a gasket! A few 1/2 page long replies over "white wimps and teased hair." Whoo boy! I must have unintentionally hit close to home with that or else it wouldn't have gotten under your skin like that. Here "Life!" Good boy! Sit "Life!" [Laugh]

And back to CJ:

Most of their 90's output was rather crappy with a few gems I suppose. The "Brave New World" CD is probably the best thing they've released since the 80's and "Dance of Death" a close second. They have released a DVD of their early live stuff from the Dianno years through Piece of Mind which I haven't picked up as of yet. That was supported by that ill fated tour they were doing with Ozzfest over the summer.

And speaking back to the original topic of "grunge" which this thread has drifted waaaay off topic from... Does anyone really know of any other so called "grunge" bands aside from the 4 first mentioned above??? I can think of similar type stuff that was out around the same time (Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots) however since they weren't part of the Seattle scene I wouldn't think they'd fall under that classification.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dude, you need to give it a rest before you blow a gasket! A few 1/2 page long replies over "white wimps and teased hair." Whoo boy! I must have unintentionally hit close to home with that or else it wouldn't have gotten under your skin like that. Here "Life!" Good boy! Sit "Life!" [Laugh]

As a matter of fact, you DID hit close to home, because I am a white guy, and I have to put up with white-bashing almost on a daily basis, primarily by brainwashed white lemmings. That's why I take this so seriously.

I also find it funny how you laugh if a white member of this board such as myself gets offended, yet you've been very careful not to offend anyone of any other race. If THAT isn't PC, then I don't know what is.

And, not surprisingly you haven't "taken back" what you said even though I provided you with more than one example of non-white glam bands. Also, not suprisingly, you STILL dodge my point and make personal attacks.

Ignorance is excusable, but DEFIANT ignorance is downright pathetic. If you KNEW you were right, you would defend your position. Dodging the point is a last resort by those that know they are not in the right. So go right ahead and prove that you've lost the argument by telling me yet again that I have no life.

--------------------

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Style In Play
Board Regular
Member # 8668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Style In Play   Email Style In Play   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to agree with ledaemon here and take it a little bit further by saying that using the phrase "white wimps" is totally justified considering ne memeber of these bands in at least every video was completely shirtless displaying just how white and scrawny he was.

ive noticed people who were really black,so black they might even be navy,but usually its when they are displaying thier physique publicly for all to see that i notice these things.therefore no harm done.

back to the thread topic,calico jacks friend was pretty damn on target.pearl jams ten was the best album,alice in chains had the best band.

i dont understand nirvana being grouped with them really other than seattle being a factor.but nirvana was completely power chords and i dont think they sounded anything like the other three.the other three on the other hand did have a similar sound as evidenced by temple of the dog which was basically all of them fucking(musically)

funny enough the only seattle band i really throw into my deck every now and then from that time perid anymore is candlebox

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

quote:
Originally posted by Style In Play:
i have to agree with ledaemon here and take it a little bit further by saying that using the phrase "white wimps" is totally justified considering ne memeber of these bands in at least every video was completely shirtless displaying just how white and scrawny he was.

You totally missed the point. Is it acceptable to hate a band because they are white? If not, then it is irrellevent to point out the fact that they are white. If you think it IS acceptable to hate a band because they are white, then you are racist. Simple as that.

--------------------

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does anyone really know of any other so called "grunge" bands aside from the 4 first mentioned above???

I know that bands like The Melvins, Screaming Trees, Mudhoney, STP, Temple of the Dog, Mother Love Bone, L7, and even Courtney Love's Hole (I just had to say that!) have occasionally been classified as grunge, though I honestly try to not use that label ("grunge") even when referring to the 4 bands we were initially talking about. Bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains are so unlike each other that I really don't think it makes sense to classify them by the same specific label. If people want to call them "Seattle rock bands" instead, that's a broader classification I can live with since it does indeed refer to something that all four share in common. That's where the similarities end for me though.

quote:
back to the thread topic,calico jacks friend was pretty damn on target.

I'll be spending the day with her today so I'll be sure and tell her you said that, Style In Play. She always enjoys hearing people tell her that she's right about stuff. hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Pedastel, I haven't actually read through most of your rants but kind of skimmed through some of them and replied just enough to keep you up to the boiling point where the safety valve keeps you from exploding. I hear the whistling of the tea kettle now come to think of it! [Laugh]

I don't think anyone here ever said they hated a band because they were white. I think I called the glam boy's white wimps in teased hair and spandex mainly because all of those guys were!

I guess its troubling for you because you are probably still dancing around in front of the mirror in your parents house playing air guitar with a tennis racket while listening to Poison on the turntable with your hair teased, and a bandana around your leg with your slashed spandex dungarees. Tell me it isn't so! [Laugh]

Some of the tough guy bands that'll rock your world!!!! HAW HAW HAW...

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

I think this needs to continue on a new thread. Now things are getting more fun! A Glam Metal thread coming soon to a forum near you! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
quote:
Does anyone really know of any other so called "grunge" bands aside from the 4 first mentioned above???

I know that bands like The Melvins, Screaming Trees, Mudhoney, STP, Temple of the Dog, Mother Love Bone, L7, and even Courtney Love's Hole (I just had to say that!) have occasionally been classified as grunge, though I honestly try to not use that label ("grunge") even when referring to the 4 bands we were initially talking about. Bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains are so unlike each other that I really don't think it makes sense to classify them by the same specific label. If people want to call them "Seattle rock bands" instead, that's a broader classification I can live with since it does indeed refer to something that all four share in common. That's where the similarities end for me though.

quote:
back to the thread topic,calico jacks friend was pretty damn on target.

I'll be spending the day with her today so I'll be sure and tell her you said that, Style In Play. She always enjoys hearing people tell her that she's right about stuff. hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

I remember the Temple of the Dog band's song "Hunger Strike" really well now. My younger brother collected a lot of CDs from those bands cause he was a high school kid when that scene came about into the mainstream. The whole "grunge" classification didn't really make sense to me either since Soundgarden is basically just a metal band, Pearl Jam hard rock, etc.

Seattle is a cool city which I've got to see on the past couple of business trips that have taken me up there. Come to think of it, Seattle was the birthplace of its most famous son too: Jimi Hendrix! [Bow Down] One of my main guitar gurus.

--------------------

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off-topic post, but anyways...

quote:
Ignorance is excusable, but DEFIANT ignorance is downright pathetic. If you KNEW you were right, you would defend your position. Dodging the point is a last resort by those that know they are not in the right. So go right ahead and prove that you've lost the argument by telling me yet again that I have no life.
face-pedestal, not only do I agree with your beliefs on race-relations and sympathize like mad, I gotta tell you; ledaemon didn't mean anything by any of it.

You can garner an understanding of a person, I think, by reading their posts long enough. Being as ledaemon has been around here for so long and I've read so many of his posts, I'm willing to wager a serious load of cash that he is as far of a cry from a self-hating white lefty as you could get. I used to work in a mental health facility, staffed, naturally, with social workers. While not all of them were self-hating white leftists, for the most part I felt like I was arm-pit deep in them. As a result, I had plenty of time to study the behavior and attitudes of these strange, already defeated beasts of humanity, and I can say with certainty that ledaemon isn't among their ilk.

Let it slide Bro...ledaemon is good man. Even though he wouldn't approve of my cigar smoking if he were around, he's still cool. [Cool]

Now, group hugs everybody! [Laugh]

[Cheers]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
Off-topic post, but anyways...

quote:
face-pedestal, not only do I agree with your beliefs on race-relations and sympathize like mad, I gotta tell you; ledaemon didn't mean anything by any of it.

You can garner an understanding of a person, I think, by reading their posts long enough. Being as ledaemon has been around here for so long and I've read so many of his posts, I'm willing to wager a serious load of cash that he is as far of a cry from a self-hating white lefty as you could get. I used to work in a mental health facility, staffed, naturally, with social workers. While not all of them were self-hating white leftists, for the most part I felt like I was arm-pit deep in them. As a result, I had plenty of time to study the behavior and attitudes of these strange, already defeated beasts of humanity, and I can say with certainty that ledaemon isn't among their ilk.

Let it slide Bro...ledaemon is good man. Even though he wouldn't approve of my cigar smoking if he were around, he's still cool. [Cool]

Now, group hugs everybody! [Laugh]

[Cheers]

Well said Lou. I'll smoke to that! [Cool]

Face Pedestal you can still feel free to attack the anti glam guy's posts if you like! I may even read one all the way through now! [Big Grin]

I'm having a bit of fun with this and have nothing personal against you at all. Hell, I'll let you come over and sniff my wife's toes after the thread has run its course! [Kiss]

--------------------

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hell, I'll let you come over and sniff my wife's toes after the thread has run its course!
Hey, fair's fair! If I get into an arguement with you, will you let me come over and do stuff to your wife's feet when it's over? [Big Grin] [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
quote:
Hell, I'll let you come over and sniff my wife's toes after the thread has run its course!
Hey, fair's fair! If I get into an arguement with you, will you let me come over and do stuff to your wife's feet when it's over? [Big Grin] [Cool]
No need Lou, here you go. Sorry, but they ain't soiled for you to clean them off! [Laugh]  -

--------------------

face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

quote:
Sorry Pedastel, I haven't actually read through most of your rants but kind of skimmed through some of them and replied just enough to keep you up to the boiling point where the safety valve keeps you from exploding. I hear the whistling of the tea kettle now come to think of it! [Laugh]

I don't think anyone here ever said they hated a band because they were white. I think I called the glam boy's white wimps in teased hair and spandex mainly because all of those guys were!

Look, let me make this REAL simple. You claim that glam bands are ridiculous. The fact that they are wimps, have teased hair and wear spandex are relevant to that point. But is the fact that many of them are white RELEVENT?

--------------------

Style In Play
Board Regular
Member # 8668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Style In Play   Email Style In Play   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no i didnt miss the point at all face pedestal.i might it pretty clear that i would be justified bringing up thier whiteness because as opposed to grunge flannel shirts,glam boys went around half naked and showed the world just how white they were.when you see that much male skin you tend to bring it up,unless youre into that kinda thing.
Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Yup!
 -

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links