Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Seattle Grunge - Who's your favorite? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Seattle Grunge - Who's your favorite?
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ledaemon:
Yup!

At least now we are getting somewhere. You say that you can’t relate to glam because basically it is ridiculous. You then list several things about glam that support your point, such as wimpiness, teased-hair, and spandex. All of these things are relevant because they are in and of themselves ridiculous, and therefore support your claim.

And now you say that being white is also relevant. So please answer this. HOW is being white relevant? How does being white support your claim that glam is ridiculous?

--------------------
WhiteMalesAnonymous.com - A survival guide for white males living in the U.S.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does anyone really know of any other so called "grunge" bands aside from the 4 first mentioned above???

I like Temple of the Dog also, but they were a mix members from Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. What I find amazing is that the song "Hunger Strike" has never left the radio since it was released.

Hey Calico, if you want to impress your grunge fan foot gal, here are a couple of equations to memorize:

Soundgarden + Pearl Jam = Temple of the Dog
Soundgarden + Rage Against the Machine = Audio Slave
Chris Cornell + anyone = successful band

Bondo

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this thread took an interesting twist.

Of the phrase "white wimps", I think the word "wimps" was the derogatory descriptive, not "white". It's not describing all white people as wimps, it's describing that the glam wimps happened to be white. I don't happen to know off hand any "black wimps" in the glam scene. Maybe Milli Vanilli, but that's a totally different story altogether.

STRYPER...you posted a photo of Stryper...LOL!!!

Bondo

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, I'm already well aware of those equations but I appreciate the sentiment, Bondo. Thankfully all it took to impress her was a good home-cooked meal
and some quality toesucking, though not necessarily in that order.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for face_pedestal   Email face_pedestal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:
Wow, this thread took an interesting twist.

Of the phrase "white wimps", I think the word "wimps" was the derogatory descriptive, not "white".

Bondo, The only reason to mention wimps is because it is derogatory. The only reason mentioning teased hair and spandex is because they are derogatory. They add to the point that glam is ridiculous. But if white is NOT derogatory, then it does not back up the point that glam is ridiculous, and is therefore extraneous.

To list the fact that they are white in a list of derogatory descriptions implies by context that being white IS derogatory.

So Bondo, let me ask YOU this. If being white is NOT derogatory, how is it pertinant to the fact that glam is ridiculous.

--------------------

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, maybe this might clarify things. Anyone that was in a glam band that is white is a wimp! Look at any of those pics on the previous thread and tell me that any kindergardener with a tinker toy in hand couldn't beat any of those wimps senseless in a one on one fight!!!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

quote:
Hmmm, maybe this might clarify things. Anyone that was in a glam band that is white is a wimp! Look at any of those pics on the previous thread and tell me that any kindergardener with a tinker toy in hand couldn't beat any of those wimps senseless in a one on one fight!!!

I agree with that. But why do you have to specify "who are white"? Why not just say "Anyone who is in a glam band is a wimp"? For example, Loudness, and EZO are Japanese glam bands. Are they not wimps as well?

What if I were to say "Anyone who is in Rap that THAT IS BLACK is stupid?". That would be the equivalent of "Anyone who is in a glam band WHO IS WHITE is a wimp.

But alas, I think we MAY be getting somehwere...

--------------------

Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

I had a whole long reply written out, but I decided to scrap it because it wasn't really worth the long wind. Bottom line for me is that I didn't get offended by the "white wimp" comment. LeDaemon is white, I'm white, no harm no foul as far as I see it.

I'm also Polish. If another Polish person called me a Polack, I wouldn't get offended.

Shoot, I even laugh when Chris Rock calls white people "Cracker-ass crackers". I know what I am, I know what I'm not. If people misjudge, that's their own problem and stupidity.

Bondo

P.S. - Cracker-ass cracker...LOL! <--Still makes me laugh. [Laugh]

--------------------

face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

quote:
Bottom line for me is that I didn't get offended by the "white wimp" comment. LeDaemon is white, I'm white, no harm no foul as far as I see it.

At least you're now acknowledging that there was indeed a slam against whites, even if it wasn't intended. That was my whole point.

But, while you not have been offended by it, I WAS. I'm all for self depracation. But making fun of ones own race is not the same thing as self depracacation. Self depracation is fine because it doesn't insult anyone else. But, By making fun of an entire race of people, you are making fun of MILLIONS of people. The fact that the person slinging the insult happens to be a member of that goup is irrellevent.

I pointed out earlier that I encounter white-male bashing almost every day, and it's usually by white people. To me this is no less offensive than if it is done by someone who is not white.

--------------------

face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

quote:

ded.

Shoot, I even laugh when Chris Rock calls white people "Cracker-ass crackers".

One more thing I have to point out. This is a perfect example of the brainwashed mentality I'm talking about. It seems that much of the younger generation these days LIKE to be insulted for their whiteness. They have been brainwashed by the media to think that whites are ridiculous and therefore deserve to be ridiculed.

I often see white people laugh when someone of another race ridicules white people. But I never see people of other races laugh when their race is so relentlessly disrespected mocked and ridiculed. It only seems to be white people.

That is pretty much the definition of PC - white males making fun of each other, and laughing when others make fun of them. But god forbid they actually stand up for themselves, or (gasp) actually make fun of someone else.

--------------------

Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

quote:
Originally posted by face_pedestal:
At least you're now acknowledging that there was indeed a slam against whites, even if it wasn't intended.

No, I'm not acknowledging that point. If anything, I'm acknowledging the exact opposite. I said I didn't get offended because I personally felt that there was nothing for me to get offended over. It wasn't a slam against anybody by describing them as white.

quote:
Originally posted by face_pedestal:
This is a perfect example of the brainwashed mentality I'm talking about. It seems that much of the younger generation these days LIKE to be insulted for their whiteness.

Insulted for their whiteness?! First of all, you can't insult me by calling me white. If someone thinks being white is insulting, they're the one with the problem, not me. I get offended by people generalizing me into derogatory stereotypes and categories (all whites are _____, all men are _____, all fetishists are _____, all Americans are _____). To insult me by calling me white just ain't gonna happen.

Second, Chris Rock is a comedian who makes jokes about the flaws he sees in black people as much if not more than he does about white people. He doesn't discriminate, he hates everybody equally...LOL!

Seriously though, I really do understand the point you're making. I just don't agree that LeDaemon's comment was a racial slur against all white people, especially because he's white too.

Bondo

--------------------

face_pedestal
Major Player
Member # 3194

quote:

Shoot, I even laugh when Chris Rock calls white people "Cracker-ass crackers".

Well, the reason I put in my two cents was to point out that the way "white" was used was in fact derogatory. And if you carefully read all of my posts, I have proved that point. So as far as I'm concerned I'm done with the thread.

However, if you really feel the need to promote racist behavior such as Chris Rock's, then go right ahead.

Perhaps you might even want to start a new thread extolling the "virtues" of racism. I'd be more than happy to debate you on the subject.

--------------------

Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

I just think you saw way too much into his comment, and you ran with it way off into an unintended direction.

I am not a racist and I don't promote racism, but I still disagree with you.

BACK TO GRUNGE

I never watched the movie "Singles", which is what pretty much started the explosion of the grunge scene, right? For anyone who has seen it, is it worth going out to the vid store to rent? Or does it suck?

Bondo

--------------------

Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I never watched the movie "Singles", which is what pretty much started the explosion of the grunge scene, right? For anyone who has seen it, is it worth going out to the vid store to rent? Or does it suck?

One of my footgal friends still thinks that Singles was the best thing since sliced bread. She's been in love with that film since it came out back in 1992. She not only dragged me to see it in the theater back then but she's since subjected me to it on home video more times than I care to recount. Basically put, it's a romantic comedy about six people in their 20s living in Seattle as they try their luck at the dating scene. It's kinda like Sex & The City without all the sexy legs on display. Ok, you may have gathered that I'm not a fan of Singles, but at least it does have the nice soundtrack if you're a fan of Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains, all three of which appear in the movie as well as in the soundtrack.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that movie once when it first came out. I really don't remember anything about it except Matt Dillon in a hippy wig.

Actually Bondo is lying. We both really hate white people. He hates 'em so much he had to marry a beautiful asian girl so that he wouldn't take a chance of another white person being born into this world. Matter of fact I'm going under lots of treatments with a heat lamp to darken my complexion to a nice chocolatey brown and changing my name to Kareem.

Sorry to speak out for you Bondo, but the truth had to come out!

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links