Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What was the last thing you saw on DVD/VIDEO?.. And if you can a mark outta 10... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: What was the last thing you saw on DVD/VIDEO?.. And if you can a mark outta 10...
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got around to getting the Dungeons & Dragons animated series on DVD for myself, and have been enjoying it since yesterday. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10 because it's certainly a great series of cartoons that are still enjoyable even now that I'm older...much much older...than when it was on TV (and unless I'm mistaken, that was sometime in '83). It doesn't get an 8 or 9 because now that I'm so much older and way more jaded than I was as a kid, I'm spotting a whole lot of animation flaws that I wouldn't have spotted before.

That's not to say that the animation stinks by today's "standards"...in a whole lot of ways Dungeons & Dragons is far superior to a lot of the drek passing for cartoons that these poor kids have to settle for now-a-days...but there's still some sloppy flaws in the art from time to time that kinda' unnerve me.

And of course since it's a cartoon aimed at kids, and since TV supposedly has the job of raising kids here in America, the characters as well as the villains tend to "pull punches" all the time. You know...somebody has a clear shot at somebody else in a fight, and what do they do? They tie them up, or punch the ground, or some dumb shit...never going for the straight-shot kill.

Regardless, this series comes highly recommended by me, and if you long for those wondrous trips down memory lane you simply can't go wrong in picking up this show, or others like it now that they're on DVD. All we need now is a DVD release of Mighty Orbots, Thundarr the Barbarian and Manta and Moray, and my personal quest for living in the past will be much closer to complete. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skorpius
Hall Of Famer
Member # 10122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skorpius   Email Skorpius   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just picked this up last weekend:

Afro Samurai - I like becuase it doesn't go so deep like many other animes (which I don't mind at all), but it is purely a revenge plot like so many other anime (and so many other movies, too). But just the style and the look of the series alone drew me in. Add to that a great soundtrack by the RZA and voiceovers by Samuel L. Jackson, Ron Perlman and Kelly Hu, it's bound to be a classic. 10/10

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
F18Hornet
Elite Trooper
Member # 11172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for F18Hornet   Email F18Hornet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just finished watching Series 1 of UK 70's cop show Life on Mars. Bloody brilliant. Best character: Gene Hunt, played by Phil Glennister. I love his one-liners. The great thing about this show is that there's no stupid political correctness in it. Think The Sweeney meets Minder and you're half there. Good stories, superb filming and great characters. I would recommend this to anyone who has a dry/ironic sense of humour. Funniest if you can remember what 70s policing was all about: No Mr Nice Guy, questions follow the punch-up, we could get away with going back to work pissed after a lunch consisting of a few lager chasers, and we could get away with cracking un-PC jokes. Best thing the BBC has produced in a long time. Series 2 has just aired and its on my "want list". 10/10, no question.
Posts: 343 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toesuckerryan
Loyal Member
Member # 23296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toesuckerryan   Email toesuckerryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenny. It's about a guy who installs portable toilets. It's Australian. I'd give it 7 1/2 out of 10. It was very real and I laughed all the time. [Smile] LOL
Posts: 65 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by toesuckerryan:
Kenny. It's about a guy who installs portable toilets. It's Australian. I'd give it 7 1/2 out of 10. It was very real and I laughed all the time. [Smile] LOL

Awesome movie/doco there toesuckerryan... I give it an 8.5 outta 10 coz it shows the life of an average workin' dude makin' a livin' [Smile] I see alot of people within the film look down on him and his colleagues as if they were nothin' or low class...

It puts the camera through his perspective of lifes everyday experiences. Even though alotta people look down on him, I look up to him of how he deals with his life and From my point of view, One of the most successful citizens of Australia... [Thumbs Up]

I highly recommend this to all people who don't have full-time office jobs....

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went retro and watched the 1986 version of "The Fly." I'd rate it about a 5 on a 10 scale.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
Went retro and watched the 1986 version of "The Fly." I'd rate it about a 5 on a 10 scale.

Ahhhhhhh I remember unloadin' alotta juice over the sex scene back when I was knee high to a grasshopper... [Jerkoff] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Is it that bad? The way I remember the movie it was about a 7/10 or even 8/10 (for that time)....but maybe I was too young to remember correctly.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trailer Park Boys: The Movie
I rate it a 10 outta 10! The series is awesome and the movie doesnt dissapoint.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
quote:

Is it that bad? The way I remember the movie it was about a 7/10 or even 8/10 (for that time)....but maybe I was too young to remember correctly.

-Hal-

For me it didn't age too well. I think I saw it for the first time when it came out and I was 18. The thing that killed it is mainly the FX which were kind of cheesey even by '86 standards. Brundle Fly after his complete transformation moved around like a bad puppet.

--------------------

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Fearless (2006-Subtitled)... Talk about kick ass... Another awesome performance by Jet Li... 8.75/10 Not quite a 9 but definately a 9+ if they have an English dubbed version...

--------------------

FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

The Jacket (2005). Rewatchin' this and realized that that the Crazy inmate/patient Rudy Mackenzie is played by Daniel Craig... Funny to see Rudy becommin' Bond [Tongue]

Luv movies that have a thing to do with time minipulation (eg. Back to the Future Series, Groundhog day, Frequency) but also with added thriller types in the tradition of Butterfly Effect and Event Horizon...

I give "The Jacket" 7.5/10 [Wink]

--------------------

LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

The Road Warrior from the early 80s. I watched it with my daughter and she totally loved it. I gotta get the other two Mad Max movies for her to see now. I guess I would give it a 7 for a fairly violent all action no brains flick.

--------------------

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Road Warrior from the early 80s. I watched it with my daughter and she totally loved it. I gotta get the other two Mad Max movies for her to see now. I guess I would give it a 7 for a fairly violent all action no brains flick.

It's a total crime that a Mad Max IV was never made...they had a cool world, lots of action just waiting to happen, and all kinds of potential to keep expanding on everything. I kept thinking it'd be cool if somehow Max got back in league with The Bronze, and this way they could've passed the buck off to a younger actor to take the lead, then they could've kept on going with new stories since Mel has gotten so much older and all...oh well...

I haven't seen it on DVD yet, but I've got the entire series, that is every single episode of Red Dwarf on the way in an 18 disk box set. Amazon was running a sale, and the box set was dropped by $100 or so in the price, so I snapped it up. I'm gonna feel the pinch from that money going out, but man I can't wait to get this! I LOVED what I got to see of the series on VHS, and I got three of the novels (maybe there's more, I dunno)...so this is gonna be sweet. I'll be sure to get on here and gush aplenty once I'm digging this great show. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw Beerfest..from the Broken Lizard Comedy group...the ones that created Super Troopers and Puddle Cruiser. I rate Beerfest a 7 out of 10. Super Troopers was way more funny than this latest effort but still it does give a good few laughs not to mention some good drinking games I never seen before. Plus a cameo by Willie Nelson at the end. [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links