Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Politics » Illegal immigration (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Illegal immigration
Tweener
Major Player
Member # 1630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tweener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by montegalan:

Illegal aliens don`t pay taxes? Actually they do, some of them get an ITIN number from the IRS and some of them make up social security numbers, they can`t get their refunds. The IRS has created a fund with all this unclaimed money(450 billion so far).

I'm glad you brought that up, because I work for the IRS. On a weekly basis I pull at least one SS# where a taxpayer has over a hundred illegal immigrants filing income taxes piggyback on their number. So let's say on average these illegals make $10-15,000 a year. When you have 100 people making those wages and filing under the same number, it adds up pretty fast. Then all of a sudden it's "Hey, this person has $150,000 worth of income they didn't claim on their taxes." Would you like to be that person?

And all due respect, if your boss knowingly employed a 99% illegal immigrant workforce so he could undercut his competitors, I could give a shit if he was unable to make his mortgage payments if his business fell through.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
montegalan
Major Player
Member # 14465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for montegalan   Email montegalan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you do once you pull up a SS# with that many wages? Just curious
If my former boss didn`t do it he/she would`ve been out of business ages ago.
All cleaning companies do it.
If we had created a legal path for them to come to work we wouldn`t have a problem this big!
We don`t create legal mechanisms to handle them yet we create the jobs! they`ll come.
They come, they can`t go back to spend time with their families,they stay and bring their families .
If they could go back and forth they would keep their families there, it`s cheapper to raise a family south of the border.
If they come here legally it`s easier to make sure employers adhere to the law and wages don`t go down.
Anyway I strongly believe that next year after the border it`s a little more secure the mass deportations will start.
I don`t know how long it will take to get them all out but it will happen!!
One thing I like about it`s the fact that even though we write a piece of history everyday, not all of us get to see something this big everyday.
It`s going to be a pretty big movement of people.
I believe it`s going to be entertaining up to a point.
So throw another shrimp on the barbie and get a good seat.

Posts: 219 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but complicated.

Our infrastructure is currently built around the assumption that we will be able to have a certain amount of labor accomplished at a certain cost. We can't deport 14 million illegal workers right now. We can't pay minimum wage for those jobs right now either, as we would have to do if we granted them all legal status.

We should leave everything alone for now because anything we do will either screw the US or the US and immagrants collectively.

Subtle pressures successively increased on the employers, combined with making legal immagration for work successively easier, while increasing border security (as a last concern) would make everything legal over a long enough period of time that the market can change to accomodate fair wages for legal immagrant workers.

Building a fence or hiring an army of men to protect the border is just silly. What is this saying about our wisdom and intelligence? Our asses are to fragile to ride a tractor up and down a field all day but they can handle riding a jeep up and down the Rio all day? I don't think so.

Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links