Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Your Top 5 Artists (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Your Top 5 Artists
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Bondo... I made a game out of that and tried to figure out what all the bands were before looking ahead at your next line to see the names of them. I got a perfect score, woohoo! Granted it wasn't exactly challenging, but it felt like an accomplishment just the same. hehe

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Calico, you remember Scatterbrain too? I saw them on the "Here Comes Trouble" tour on the local club circuit back in the day. They were awesome...weird, but awesome.

I remember Tommy Crist (sp?, the lead singer) on stage doing something that he'll likely burn in hell for. It was funny as crap though! He was dressed as a nun, and under his habit he had a pair of very large fake boobs. He opened the top to expose the breasts and squeezed one of the nipples, which shot out a stream of milk that put out the cigarette he was smoking. They were wild! The one guitar player was dressed as a chicken and the drummer was dressed like Tarzan.

Ah memories. Nuns with squirting boobs, giant chickens, Tarzan...sounds like a bad acid trip.

Don't call me dude!

Bondo

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow wow wow Lots of Metal Fans here.
While I myself and a fan of Metal. Punk Rock is where my heart is at.

1.Ramones
2.Sex Pistols
3.The Misfits
4.Dead Kennedys
5.Anti-Flag

Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:
Hey Calico, you remember Scatterbrain too? I saw them on the "Here Comes Trouble" tour on the local club circuit back in the day. They were awesome...weird, but awesome.

I remember Tommy Crist (sp?, the lead singer) on stage doing something that he'll likely burn in hell for. It was funny as crap though! He was dressed as a nun, and under his habit he had a pair of very large fake boobs. He opened the top to expose the breasts and squeezed one of the nipples, which shot out a stream of milk that put out the cigarette he was smoking. They were wild! The one guitar player was dressed as a chicken and the drummer was dressed like Tarzan.

Ah memories. Nuns with squirting boobs, giant chickens, Tarzan...sounds like a bad acid trip.

Don't call me dude!

Bondo

Scatterbrain - "Don't Call Me Dude". Good old Tommy Christ. Prior to Scatterbrain, he was in the band Ludichrist.

I preferred hardcore bands like Agnostic Front and the Cro-Mags though.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose the Scatterbrain show was pretty close to sick as the GWAR show I saw back in '88 or so. Odorous Urangus was equiped with a huge 2 foot phallus that he of course stroked and tugged on until the creamy filling shot out all over the audience. I was in the front row with my buds and aside from all the blood we were also jizzed on. The horror! [Laugh]

I saw Helloween on the MTV Headbangers Ball in support of Anthrax and Exodus about that same time. I enjoyed their first few albums, but never got the Judas EP. I guess I need to search it out.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hose Guy
Major Player
Member # 9832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hose Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not much of a metalhead, so here's my list:

All Time:

1. The Band
2. Crosby, Stills, & Nash
3. Jefferson Airplane
4. Patti Smith
5. Bob Dylan

Honorable Mention:

The Clash, Lou Reed, Rolling Stones

--------------------
"Keep your pantyhose on." -- Ed Harris as Virgil 'Bud' Brigman in The Abyss

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JayArr
Major Player
Member # 2229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JayArr   Email JayArr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Elvis Presley
2. Gordon Lightfoot (yes, I know; his surname - but seriously!)
3. Queen
4. Oasis
5. Hell... I dunno

Posts: 126 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JayArr:
Gordon Lightfoot

Awesome choice. I love Gordon's work very much myself, with "If You Could Read My Mind" being one of my all-time favorite songs. Simply haunting in a most beautiful way.

[Hop]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit I have "Gord's Gold" in my record collection! [Big Grin]

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JayArr
Major Player
Member # 2229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JayArr   Email JayArr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah!

Some closet Lightfoot fans? [Fingers Crossed]

Calico Jack, I completely share your sentiments for "If You Could Read My Mind". It truly is a mesmerising song. Gordon's voice is so pleasant, so natural, so soulful. It flows like water over pebbles. Nothing or nobody, however, comes close to the heaven-sent depth or expressiveness of Elvis' voice. At least... not for me. [Wink]

Posts: 126 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by JayArr:
Calico Jack, I completely share your sentiments for "If You Could Read My Mind". It truly is a mesmerising song.

The only thing that bugged me about that song was when I found out that there were two different acoustic guitar tracks that had been recorded separately and then laid down on top of one another. For some reason I'd initially been under the impression that Gordon played all of the guitar parts simultaneously (rhythm & fingerpicked melodies together), but such was not the case on that song. On the bright side, it made me feel better about the potential of covering the song!

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might as well add to this post lol

No order,and too many to fit in onely 5 spots

1-cradle of filth
2-sisters of mercy
3-necro(a hiphop artist all metalheads need to check out,done work wit obituary,hatebreed,testament)
4-type o negative(I know some of you carnivore fans will hate me for that lol)
5-nine inch nails
---------------------------------------------------------
Other bands I should note:

Korn(older material)
Serephim shock
Lords of acid(can't go wrong wit a song that says "lick my boots to please me")lol
And1
Vnv nation
Clam of xymox
69 eyes..........
Btw to cj and Rhbdz17,I'm sure your aware they reopend la'mours as brooklyn music terminal right?? Well the past 2 days now I've been hearing from people that they are now closed perminantly.its weird cause I just saw the genitorturers there not too long ago [Cry] I'm going to miss that place.)
Mona: jay gordon of orgy is bi-sexual or just straight up gay,I remember getting hit on by him hardcore after a show when they were touring for candyass,it was flattering(even tho I'm not gay)my gf on the other hand didn't think so hehe

Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

quote:
Originally posted by vineofthorns:
Btw to cj and Rhbdz17,I'm sure your aware they reopend la'mours as brooklyn music terminal right?? Well the past 2 days now I've been hearing from people that they are now closed perminantly.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's gone. It was only open for about four months before closing its doors. The club had been dealing with financial problems for quite a while by that point, and after people started demanding their money due to a poor turnout at the Genitorturers show on September 23rd, the club refused to give any refunds and that was pretty much the final straw. Bands had also been cancelling gigs there on a fairly regular basis as well, so business was bad from the start more or less.

[Hop]

Calico Jack

vineofthorns
All Pro Poster
Member # 1313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vineofthorns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
quote:
Originally posted by vineofthorns:
Btw to cj and Rhbdz17,I'm sure your aware they reopend la'mours as brooklyn music terminal right?? Well the past 2 days now I've been hearing from people that they are now closed perminantly.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's gone. It was only open for about four months before closing its doors. The club had been dealing with financial problems for quite a while by that point, and after people started demanding their money due to a poor turnout at the Genitorturers show on September 23rd, the club refused to give any refunds and that was pretty much the final straw. Bands had also been cancelling gigs there on a fairly regular basis as well, so business was bad from the start more or less.

[Hop]

Calico Jack

that is true.my friends band played that nite and venue barely paid anything to them...it is true tho,the turnout in that place looked around 50-75 people @ the most,prior to genitortuers maybe 35 people were there and most of them were not drinking(wich is where a lot of venues make their cash).I think if lamours promoted themselves more that they were open again,they would still be open,they didn't even have a webpage,jus a page on myspace,now if they promoted themselves in the village voice,had bands linked lamours from their page,etc they'd still be open.....r.I.p lamours
Posts: 924 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will always have great memories from that club. Whether it was interviewing Kreator for the first time, throwing a stinkbomb during Overkill's set, seeing Slayer a million times, or being up on stage during a Sadus set. Great, great memories.

Speaking of gay, segue to the Genitorturers. Is the singer still dating that gaylord David Vincent of Morbid Angel? I was backstage one time and David Vincent was standing infront of a mirror and practicing playing with his hair and sucking in his lips. Lord of all posers and plague.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links