Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Something really interesting inside...(Random facts - post your own) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Something really interesting inside...(Random facts - post your own)
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone please post something interesting?

I'll start I suppose: a duck's quack does, in fact, echo and chameleons change colour according to mood, not their surroundings.

Gotta love QI [Smile]

[ December 12, 2010, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Biologist here, but my guess is that a chameleon's surroundings strongly affect their mood.

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Sabbath recorded the Paranoid album in five days after rehearsing it in live shows in Germany. Nowadays, you'd be lucky to get the drum tracks down in five days. Or maybe the drums and the bass.

Another interesting factoid: according to drummer Bill Ward, guitarist Tony Iommi came up with the riff to the title track and then wrote the entire song in 20-25 minutes. Ah, inspiration!

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird Al Yankovic was a straight-A student throughout high school, which earned him the honor of becoming valedictorian of his senior class.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This bird is a Pokemon:
http://www.dump.com/2010/12/07/frontal-courtship-of-a-satyr-tragopan-video/

It was about to evolve, but the trainer pressed the B Button. [Mad]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Laugh] That was so weird. All puffed up...and then back to normal.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by footjoyboy:
No Biologist here, but my guess is that a chameleon's surroundings strongly affect their mood.

Well what I'm saying is it isn't a camouflage.

Alexander Graham Bell stole the patents for the telephone.

There is no evidence that anyone EVER thought the world was flat. they just believed you would fall off of it.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
Black Sabbath recorded the Paranoid album in five days after rehearsing it in live shows in Germany. Nowadays, you'd be lucky to get the drum tracks down in five days. Or maybe the drums and the bass.

XD

I've got an out-takes version of that album hahaha

Is awesome. Ozzy, you bloody legend.

--------------------
 -

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

When adverts for cigarettes were banned, the cigarette companies made more of a profit (their advertising was simply cancelling out any kind of brand-preference amongst soon-to-be smokers and therefore a waste of money).

--------------------
 -

diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pirates pitcher Dock Ellis pitched a no-hitter in San Diego in 1970 while on LSD.

"I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria". -Dock Ellis, 1984

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes approx 12 honey bees their entire lives to produce 1-teaspoon of honey...

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Penn (and possibly Teller) from the magic duo have never had an alcoholic drink in their life.

--------------------
 -

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

PeTA does not condone the having and looking after of animals. They believe there should be no intervention between man and animal. Except when they deem it necessary to put down an animal themselves.

Oh, and they have links to known arsonists/terrorists.

And the vice president is on insulin which, if you remember from biology class, was tested on dogs.

She justified it with something to the effect of: "I need my strength to fight for the animals."

--------------------
 -

Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FootLongSub Zero:
It takes approx 12 honey bees their entire lives to produce 1-teaspoon of honey...

I read somewhere that honey bees also never sleep, which makes your random fact all the more interesting.

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Chuck Norris admitted in an interview in no uncertain terms that Bruce Lee could have kicked his asshole.

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links