Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What video games are you playing? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: What video games are you playing?
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I myself play anything Final Fantasy, anything Metal Gear, and most of all, anything Resident Evil. Those three games represent my holy trinity of incredible storytelling and atmosphere in a video game series.

Asides from those three, I find myself playing a lot of Third Strike, a lot of old school SFII, and a lot of Winning Eleven.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
I myself play anything Final Fantasy, anything Metal Gear, and most of all, anything Resident Evil. Those three games represent my holy trinity of incredible storytelling and atmosphere in a video game series.

Asides from those three, I find myself playing a lot of Third Strike, a lot of old school SFII, and a lot of Winning Eleven.

Interesting choice of games there Bro! [Thumbs Up]

You see the new zombie game Capcom is bringing out on the XBox 360?
Dead Rising

Looks like more of the same kinda' Resident Evil goodness. Makes me want a 360 seeing this! [Smile]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was just playing it last night incidentally. It's pretty fun, and I wish that RE would allow the use of blunt instruments and power tools as weapons.
Here, since you're an RE fan too:
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_8953460/cb3c/__sr_/5c0a.jpg?grYfB5EBiqBsyd5T

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The link won't work... [Cry]

So you've already got the game Dead Rising? Cool! So tell me, do you control the direction of your camera and your pistols with the right analog stick? I know that to whip one or the other out you have to hit the L or R shoulder buttons respectively, but I've heard that you guide either or with the right analog.

Out of all the previews I've seen, that giant drill looks bad as hell! Put it through a zombie, then carry him along, spinning him and beating the hell out of other zombies...gotta love that! [Thumbs Up]

I sure hope a port of this game comes to the Wii...so far the Wii has impressed me the most out of the next-gen systems, and I've got my heart set on that. If Capcom is going to skip the Wii with RE5 (at least for now) the least they can do is put Dead Rising on it.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

I don't actually have the game (since I can't afford any sort of new console at this point), but I did play it at a friend's house for a little bit. As for camera and gun control, yeah, you do guide it with the right stick, and it does take some getting used to. However, I'm pretty sure you can customize controls to your own liking, but I didn't delve too much into that.
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't done a lot of research on the game other than gawking at the clips on youtube, but I had a friend tell me this morning that Dead Rising is supposed to be an XBox 360 exclusive. That means, realistically, it's going to be at least a year before we see it on the Wii or PS3...hopefully by then Capcom will iron out the control issues.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Hey Lou, I felt the need to share these, especially if you're into parodies of the franchises you like. These two *long* movies are easily the best RE parodies I've ever seen. Ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5l_fhYXfpk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxVAQYpNmUQ

As well as that, I got a big kick out of this one too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZmfiHLnkkQ

Just bear in mind that the first two clips feature all-male casts, which in turn makes it that much funnier.

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

[Laugh] I was already familiar with the Bentley Brothers parodies, but that Mega64 clip was a new one on me. Thanks for the links! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

The last week or so has been nothing but shooters for me. Now that Resident Evil 4 has been whipped thoroughly, and I got myself the coveted Handcannon, I've happily jumped right back into 2D shooting bliss. Among these games, a couple favorites are:

Guwange
Dodonpachi

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klingon Honor Guard

1998, Micropose, rated M, for Windows 95

Strangely it ran better on my 95 machine than the beast I'm using now...

Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by ozkar:
Klingon Honor Guard

1998, Micropose, rated M, for Windows 95

Strangely it ran better on my 95 machine than the beast I'm using now...

A Bro of mine had a similar problem with one of his PC games...for some odd reason it worked better on an older computer than a newer one. I don't do any PC gaming, so I wouldn't have a clue as to why. Hope you've got the problem fixed. [Cool]

This week, it's been even more of Dodonpachi for me. This shooter is considered by some to be the one game that started a genre among shooters that is called the "manic shooters"...with games like Ikaruga and Giga Wing 2 being popular titles within this subgenre. Manic shooters, as the name implies, basically throw seemingly thousands of bullets at you at once while piling out the enemies.

Whether it was this game or not, all I know is that Dodonpachi kicks plenty of ass and chews a whole lot of bubblegum in the process. Not only are you bombarded with everything plus the kitchen sink throughout the game, but it's got a nice little scoring system that comes in handy for racking up the points called the Combo system.

This is not like the point system in Ikaruga with the chaining because it's a lot more lenient as far as which enemies you shoot, because in Dodonpachi practically anything goes. It's only tougher than Ikaruga in the respect that you have to ALWAYS be busy destroying something, or your combo counter stops and you start back from scratch. This is pretty tough to pull off in the early levels (my max in stage 1 is a little over 200), but gets easier later in the game (my max in stage 4 is over 300). What's also nice about Dodonpachi is you can destroy a lot of the background elements, and they go toward your combo counter too.

The real clencher for Dodonpachi is the secret loop...

You can only access the secret loop by beating the first loop WITHOUT DYING ONCE. Read that one more time...you are not allowed even ONE ship going down, or you can't see the secret loop and the real last boss of the game. This shooter is for any and all gamers that love a total challenge, and get it in beautiful sprite-based 2D glory.

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Hmmm...nobody's added to this topic for a while, so here's something:

The games I've been geeking on lately...

E.S.P. Ra De
&
DoDonPachi

I think I've come to the conclusion that if I ever stop liking shooters, I'll just abandon video gaming all together!

But then, I'm really looking forward to the new Tomb Raider Legend coming out next month for the GameCube, and that's hardly a shooter. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Skorpius
Hall Of Famer
Member # 10122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skorpius   Email Skorpius   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I borrowed my friend's GOD OF WAR and I was hooked. It's a great game. It's so good I went out and bought it at my local Gamestop. Now I really can't wait for GOD OF WAR 2.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToeSucker83
Major Player
Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToeSucker83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I busted out my original NES and started up a game of final fantasy... haha.

--------------------
Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

Posts: 206 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UFGT1989
Major Player
Member # 3385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UFGT1989   Email UFGT1989   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NCAA Football 07 on the XBOX 360. It kicks ass!!
Posts: 100 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links